🛳 Live from Allure 10-15 to 10-23 with Starlink

Ozark_Kid

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yes, but they usually frown on removing all your clothes, to get your “true weight” 🤣🤣

So many restrictions these days! 😆 

Besides, it probably wouldn't have the same reflections as John's scales.  😇

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t use Uber except when I travel.  So, I am not an expert, and I last used it in May.  The app, can cause anxiety, when you check prices now, and then when you check when it is time for people to start heading to the port.  Pricing can swing wildly from great to O crap.  It usually swings back.  You used to be able to say, I want an Uber at 10:30 and could book at 8.  Now it takes you to future reservations, and the pricing is higher.  This has been my experience, haven’t used it since May.  That said, I hate shuttles, especially ones that are not free.  Our group of 5 in December will be following in your footsteps.  🤣

We just got a Lyft and on the way.  Got an extra large Suburban that fit all 5 and all our luggage.   Took less than 5 minutes to show up.  $50 plus tip and tax.  When we did this in Miami every driver spoke little English.   Same today.  

• Like 6

We are on the road again.  Getting excited to board at 10:30.  It surprised us when we walked out the hotel doors.  It was like opening an oven door.  81⁰ already.   OK, not as warm as an oven but much warmer than walking out back home at 50⁰.

image.thumb.png.42b8e2c6e1f87aae4d68f8a7f03dc89a.png

image.thumb.png.124dea13417ed0ef9d37ae45628c6845.png

Wow! Almost to the ship!

• Like 15

Well I was trying to document how long it was taking to get through,  put my phone in my pocket to take the welcome cruise pic and it deleted the post.

Quick version. 

Suite and Key has a line.

image.thumb.png.bf3cdc11e3bed71b22fdbb415232b595.png

We walked right in at 10:08.

image.thumb.png.03923dbf9387c5bc2e64bb2ea8398c22.png

The suite line looked more crowded. 

image.thumb.png.74f1a55c2f52b161a0ab60089e1d0163.png

• Like 5

A couple of weeks ago the app made it look like we were able to complete the safety drill.  We had to do it again but was able to while sitting here.  They are starting to move sections on now.

While going through check through security said they expected 5,700 on today. 

• Like 6

We just finished making reservations for food and entertainment!  We tried to reserve the entertainment while in the waiting area. It showed we could connect to ship wifi but it didn't work. We made food reservations at Giovanni’s.   I am glad we beat everyone there because it took awhile.   Giovanni’s is were we will have lunch. 

We just discovered that the show schedule that some have been posting for this week had some of the times wrong.   It shows 10-15 to 10-23 at the top but if you look at the days it shows the dates from 2 weeks ago.  Making a couple changes. 

@singinalot we had made a spreadsheet and it surely helped.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

This is why I am happy we got there early. Shortly after booking the line looked like this.

image.thumb.png.09ddd399d6717f6324d8d7d39ad84c54.png

We are here for lunch now.  Just heard someone could not book a restaurant for the time they wanted.  

Will post more later.  Not a good connection and I am about to start eating!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We just got a Lyft and on the way.  Got an extra large Suburban that fit all 5 and all our luggage.   Took less than 5 minutes to show up.  $50 plus tip and tax.  When we did this in Miami every driver spoke little English.   Same today.  

Last March Vikki and Toby to an Uber to meet me aboard Symphony, she put in the wrong terminal and then trying to communicate with the driver to get her to Terminal A using google translate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slyster said:

Hi, would you mind sharing what Dazzles is primarily used for?  I asked a couple of times in another live thread, but I don't think I got an answer. Thanks in advance! 

Karaoke. At least that is all I was ever there for.

6 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t use Uber except when I travel.  So, I am not an expert, and I last used it in May.  The app, can cause anxiety, when you check prices now, and then when you check when it is time for people to start heading to the port.  Pricing can swing wildly from great to O crap.  It usually swings back.  You used to be able to say, I want an Uber at 10:30 and could book at 8.  Now it takes you to future reservations, and the pricing is higher.  This has been my experience, haven’t used it since May.  That said, I hate shuttles, especially ones that are not free.  Our group of 5 in December will be following in your footsteps.  🤣

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I feel the same, especially about the not free ones. 

I'm the same way now.  I've all but given up on hotel shuttles.  Between standing at the airport for 40 minutes after flying to being told they only run at certain times and time I want is all full, I'd rather just pay Uber and get picked up or dropped off when I actually want it.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I’m late but I’m all caught up now. Wishing you a fantastic cruise and it will be mishap free unlike mine. Cheers and Bon Voyage!!

Thanks for stopping by.  Can be a challenge for us to keep up with other threads.  Hope you enjoy your cruse despite the fall.

• Like 4

We took the free hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel last night.  The driver was over the top mad and stressed.  Their main larger bus had broken down and their second driver disappeared.   He would not answer his phone. So one guy, with a regular size van, was trying to pic everyone up.  He was getting called all the time.  Poor guy and poor time riding with him  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, slyster said:

Hi, would you mind sharing what Dazzles is primarily used for?  I asked a couple of times in another live thread, but I don't think I got an answer. Thanks in advance! 

When on an Oasis class ship we always try to get deck 8 that Dazzles is on. At night you can hear the music coming from Dazzles.   They have live music and a dance area.  Nice vibe.  I am not saying nothing happens there during the day but I do not recall. 

If you zoom in you can see the some of band equipment. 

image.thumb.png.40471d5afc6578d7eb366cd2f93a8b98.png

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, slyster said:

Always been empty during the day when we cruise on a ship that has a Dazzles. We did have one Meet N' Mingle meeting in there during the day. But that is the only time we ever saw anyone in there during the day.

• Like 2

We ate at Giovanni’s for lunch.   I was full. I need to remember Sharon's saying, when on a cruise you don't need to be hungry to eat.  3 hrs and 45 minutes after lunch we will be headed to Chops!

I really enjoyed Giovanni’s.   If we didn't have the UDP I probably would not do lunch there but it's good.

Started with some soft bread. 

20221015_120136.thumb.jpg.723249f61d5b5e4b8cca0e54520210f5.jpg

Today's soup was potato soup.   I think the best that I've had.

20221015_122116.thumb.jpg.b4ddbb78731e69987eb00f88308500c5.jpg

We got a meat plank.  Not sure it should be called a plank.  Much smaller than Jamie's plank but I enjoyed this one more.

20221015_122311.thumb.jpg.b1a2eb76339a45540b86b9902490504e.jpg

The hamburger was really good.  The buns were extra good.  And I love the grilled onions.   Like a jam.

20221015_123912.thumb.jpg.1142574e13c5dfa173f4fe32e462397d.jpg

The Gelato was good but not great.  I was not to thrilled with the desert selection.   This is what it looked like when I finished.   😆 

20221015_132005.thumb.jpg.0e71758d5aa5711e70362371a7f84ddf.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Looks fine to me.

But what about the pic. 😆  Funny thing you responded 1st.  Don't know if you remember but my first Live I did this time last year I was posting videos and they were hard for you to view.  I remember I had it set on 4k.  I learned how to downsize the videos and learned I could do it with pics too.  The food pics from Giovanni’s were downsized too.

Thanks

• Like 4
  • Haha 1