🛳 Live from Allure 10-15 to 10-23 with Starlink

Ozark_Kid

1 minute ago, dappledumpling said:

ALLURE berths at terminal 18... take good care of her we jump on when you disembark.....Have a wonderful cruise

Thanks.  Didn't want to trust a Google.  We plan to party so can't guarantee.  😂

Hope you have a great cruise. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What's the odds.
Is it possible to maintain or loss weight with the UDP? 
We were very active on the Alaska cruise.  We walked a lot at each port and in Seattle with our extended stay.  I lost 12 lbs.  Since the Alaska cruise I have lost an additional 5 lbs. 
I haven't had my weight this low since.... 2013 when we were on the Allure.  We have been on cruises before when we maintained or lost weight by taking the stairs instead of the elevator.  My goal is to break even.  What do you think 🤔.  Your welcome to guess and I will let you know when I get home.  I forgot to buy a scale like @John&LaLa so no updates with pics.  🤭

You know, I'd probably lose weight or maintain if it wasn't for drinking booze and late night sorrentos pizza haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have taken Uber the last several trips from FLL, so that is generally the cheapest most efficient way to get there.  (Uber = Lyft)

It would total $75 for 5 of us to us the Hotel shuttle.   We may need two Ubers/Lyfts with all the luggage and 5 people but even 2 would be about $50.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Does anyone know what pier we need to tell Lyft to take us.  We were going to take the hotel shuttle but Lyft is looking like a better option. 

Terminal 18.

I'm really looking forward to this. Allure is an awesome ship. Have a great time!

BTW, Allure is presently off of the Keys on its way to FLL to pick you up and traveling a little over 15 kts.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have landed safely in Dallas .  I was surprised to see they have live music. 

image.thumb.png.7dddeecdc551e195a015e948d9bdd83d.png

We have a 3 hour layover so we thought we would search out a specialty restaurant.

image.thumb.png.4cd5343dcc66049ef4800aa0e72d48b5.png

Wait, we are in Texas.....

image.thumb.png.601818e728b7cacf4a2e98f72afd1fa2.png

I bet you didn’t expect food pics this early.   A loaded potato with brisket!  It wasn't bad.  I have higher expectations for next week.

image.thumb.png.7b581de0ebb0c0cab8e0a12976db5508.png

Unfair...You got to go to a Whatabuger😡 and then you chose "Dickies"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Ozark_Kid When you have time check to see of these white flowers are still in Central Park. I usually bring an orchid, but they didn't look that great when I went to Home Depot. I saw these on sale and thought why not? I like having flowers in the cabin. We left them there on September 24th. They're probably gone by now, but maybe not.20220925_051953(1).thumb.jpg.2e619d4b7055ff4082493f526cb8c159.jpg

20220925_051944(1).thumb.jpg.ce41d4156b97279f635acc2e0da43a13.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It would total $75 for 5 of us to us the Hotel shuttle.   We may need two Ubers/Lyfts with all the luggage and 5 people but even 2 would be about $50.

I don’t use Uber except when I travel.  So, I am not an expert, and I last used it in May.  The app, can cause anxiety, when you check prices now, and then when you check when it is time for people to start heading to the port.  Pricing can swing wildly from great to O crap.  It usually swings back.  You used to be able to say, I want an Uber at 10:30 and could book at 8.  Now it takes you to future reservations, and the pricing is higher.  This has been my experience, haven’t used it since May.  That said, I hate shuttles, especially ones that are not free.  Our group of 5 in December will be following in your footsteps.  🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

We went to Tulsa to go to Hadestown at the Tulsa Performing Arts Hall a couple of weeks ago.  After our run to Trader Joe’s we were looking at a place for a quick lunch on our path to downtown, and we decided to go to Whataburger before the 1PM show time.  I haven’t eaten at one prior unless it was as a kid a long long time ago as Don McLean would say.  It was a bit of an odd experience as both clerks were new, and the manager was busy telling them everything they were doing wrong while refilling the straws and paper napkins.  I ordered a double cheese burger, and the wife the grilled chicken with an order on onion rings.  The burger was good, messy, but not exceptional.  The DW felt the same about the chicken.  The onion rings were very tasty, and the Arnold Palmer we drank was a bit off.

That said, it is better than a lot of burger places, but not quite to the OMG level I was hoping for.

jc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

We went to Tulsa to go to Hadestown at the Tulsa Performing Arts Hall a couple of weeks ago.  After our run to Trader Joe’s we were looking at a place for a quick lunch on our path to downtown, and we decided to go to Whataburger before the 1PM show time.  I haven’t eaten at one prior unless it was as a kid a long long time ago as Don McLean would say.  It was a bit of an odd experience as both clerks were new, and the manager was busy telling them everything they were doing wrong while refilling the straws and paper napkins.  I ordered a double cheese burger, and the wife the grilled chicken with an order on onion rings.  The burger was good, messy, but not exceptional.  The DW felt the same about the chicken.  The onion rings were very tasty, and the Arnold Palmer we drank was a bit off.

That said, it is better than a lot of burger places, but not quite to the OMG level I was hoping for.

jc

I think in fairness all business are suffering from Quality Control issues right now,

23 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

On the road again.   Sure is good to be on the road again.  I just love going cruising with my friends....
image.thumb.png.097a810f13d7626103c348d5cdeab282.png

Hello friends! We are on our way to Ft Lauderdale to board the Allure.   Our last cruise was Alaska so I am looking forward to a warm cruise.
We will be cruising with our usual cruise couple and we will be joined by a solo cruiser who be cruising RC for the first time. 
Here are the ports we will visit.

image.thumb.png.65f212af8c528a34d3f3df0977b68bec.png

I have no pics of pets we are leaving but here is one I am looking forward to seeing on the ship.

image.thumb.png.af7bb6ba1ee935f74cff839c6461595c.png

Following along.

I hope you have an amazing cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We enjoy cruising out of Galveston.   We cruised Liberty right before the shutdown.   Our daughter asked if we wanted to join them on their Honeymoon cruise 😆 

We will cruise Allure in January.   Every 7 day Allure cruise has the same itinerary.  I prefer the larger ships but they are going to have to offer different itineraries to a lure us in more.

I'll be sailing out of Galveston for the first time in just under a month.  Heading down for Allures inaugural sailing.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

BTW, Allure is presently off of the Keys on its way to FLL to pick you up and traveling a little over 15 kts.

One thing I really missed during the weird times was the cruise ships passing by us when we were offshore fishing out of the Keys (we stay in Marathon/Key Colony Beach).  We did not get down this year; I will enjoy seeing them again next summer!  It gets me thinking of cruising…

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

I know. The brisket wasn't bad but I bet I would of enjoyed Whataburger.   But I was thinking Texas, I got to try the Brisket.   I really enjoy my own brisket better.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Ozark_Kid When you have time check to see of these white flowers are still in Central Park. I usually bring an orchid, but they didn't look that great when I went to Home Depot. I saw these on sale and thought why not? I like having flowers in the cabin. We left them there on September 24th. They're probably gone by now, but maybe not.20220925_051953(1).thumb.jpg.2e619d4b7055ff4082493f526cb8c159.jpg

20220925_051944(1).thumb.jpg.ce41d4156b97279f635acc2e0da43a13.jpg

I will try to remember.   If you don't see me post them early on please remind me.  I need reminders these days.  😆 

I wish I could of brought flowers with us from the Grandkids flowers. 

• Like 4