My husband died on the Discovery Princess

LovetheSea

Indeed, we are all sorry for your loss and pray that you are OK.  You said something very important to me and that is that he died doing what he loved.  I hope that you will want to continue sailing and knowing that each time he is with you in the sound of the sea, the sunrise and sunset and the feeling of the sea breeze in you face.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing. Having experienced the medical services on board when my husband had a severe asthma attack and had to stay in the ships "ICU" for several days, then return daily for IV treatment, the medical department is excellent. 

• Like 2

Deepest sympathy to you and your family in your loss.

I'll assume you had Medicare and we know it does not cover out of country. However, There are some exceptions, it will cover services aboard a ship if it's within territorial waters adjoining the land areas of the USA. The specifics are in the Medicare hand book and well worth contacting Medicare to seek partial coverage since this did happen within/adjacent to USA waters. 

Darcy

• Like 2

My heart breaks for you; God bless you as you grieve, and I hope you can find him on every future cruise you take, on every ocean you sail, and in every memory you

treasure. Thank you for sharing your story with us, and kudos to the wonderfully caring and competent staff of the Discovery.