Second day on Allure (started 10/9/22) someone never got their luggage

tampadee

We were sitting on our balcony waiting to depart Galveston when I saw a cage cart full of luggage break loose from the others and go over the side of the pier and sink into the water.  They couldn't recover it as it was between the pier and the ship.  I guess there were a few people who didn't get their luggage that cruise.  That my friends is why you carry the important stuff with you.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I remember feeling so bad for someone after getting a letter in our stateroom where a person's CPAP machine hadn't made it to the correct room and they were asking everyone to check for it. Hopefully they found it, or that person might have had a big problem throughout their cruise. 🙃

33 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

I remember feeling so bad for someone after getting a letter in our stateroom where a person's CPAP machine hadn't made it to the correct room and they were asking everyone to check for it. Hopefully they found it, or that person might have had a big problem throughout their cruise. 🙃

So they lost just the cpap and not the piece of luggage? That's odd.

2 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

my husband uses a CPAP and we never, ever check that!!!  It stays with us in a carry on!!  

Sorry…..but it is very unwise to let a piece of medical equipment out of your sight!!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

my husband uses a CPAP and we never, ever check that!!!  It stays with us in a carry on!!  

Sorry…..but it is very unwise to let a piece of medical equipment out of your sight!!

Exactly.  I like to check everything but I have one bag that carries all our medications, our nebulizer, and boosters for the kids. Those things stay with me at all times.  TSA likes to look through it whenever we fly so it adds a bit of a hassle to take it through airport security, but the security of knowing we will have the things we need is worth it.

• Like 1

On Allure 10/1/2022, we didn't get our bag until 9pm. Inquired around 7pm, room steward had to go on a hunt for it. I had apple air tags and knew they were on the ship so I wasn't too worried. Never knew what happened exactly but he found it so all is well that ends well. I had all my important docs with me.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

On Allure 10/1/2022, we didn't get our bag until 9pm. Inquired around 7pm, room steward had to go on a hunt for it. I had apple air tags and knew they were on the ship so I wasn't too worried. Never knew what happened exactly but he found it so all is well that ends well. I had all my important docs with me.

We had two bags and they were not next to each other. There was quite a distance between the two but they got to our room at the same time.

Those air tags are cool.

• Like 3