The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 25th, 2022

richwmn

4 minutes ago, 4966and556 said:

We went to the local Humane Society.   We found a cat and went to the desk to ask about it.  We were told to go home and apply online.  I sent the email as soon as we got home.  SEVEN emails later and now we have an appointment  for a "Meet and greet"  with her on Saturday.  They needed us to send them a reference and   details about our vet.   

It sounds like they are very serious about finding the perfect home for each pet.  I hope everything goes smoothly Saturday, and the reference and vet details you have to send are easy to arrange for you.  This was a very lucky day for your chosen kitty!

3 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon everyone.

Finally I can report some good news.  

1) The EMG report shows that the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is mild in both hands and does not require surgery.  At least not right now.  Also the pain in my hands may have been related to the Polymyalgia Rheumatica.

2) More good news.  The C-Reactive Protein level shows that the inflammation level is 4.9.  That is well within the normal range.  That means I can wean myself off the prednisone in the next two weeks as suggested by my PCP.  This makes me very happy.  i just hope when I get my next Covid vaccine I don’t have another flare-up.

Sooooooo,  thank you all for all your prayers and good wishes regarding my health.  I really appreciate the support received on this thread.

Now for the not so good news.  The insurance company does not respond to my contractor.  That means we are getting nowhere fast.  Without a meeting of the minds regarding an estimate for the work to be done, no work gets done in our home.  Therefore we continue to live outside our home.

It is almost two months since the flood happened and we are still waiting.

We are trying to be patient, but it is hard.   

I know there are people in worse shape than us and I try to remember that and count the blessings we have.  

Please keep us in your prayers.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm happy to hear all the good health reports you got today.  However it's distressing to hear about the problems with the insurance company.  I know they have a lot of claims these days with the storms and all, but your problem occurred a while back and they should have been working on it all along.  I wish I knew what to tell you!  What are people doing to get help -- calling in their lawyers to contact insurance companies to move them along faster??  That could get expensive.  Do we have any current or retired insurance agents here on the Daily who could chime in with advice?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon everyone.

Finally I can report some good news.  

1) The EMG report shows that the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is mild in both hands and does not require surgery.  At least not right now.  Also the pain in my hands may have been related to the Polymyalgia Rheumatica.

2) More good news.  The C-Reactive Protein level shows that the inflammation level is 4.9.  That is well within the normal range.  That means I can wean myself off the prednisone in the next two weeks as suggested by my PCP.  This makes me very happy.  i just hope when I get my next Covid vaccine I don’t have another flare-up.

Sooooooo,  thank you all for all your prayers and good wishes regarding my health.  I really appreciate the support received on this thread.

Now for the not so good news.  The insurance company does not respond to my contractor.  That means we are getting nowhere fast.  Without a meeting of the minds regarding an estimate for the work to be done, no work gets done in our home.  Therefore we continue to live outside our home.

It is almost two months since the flood happened and we are still waiting.

We are trying to be patient, but it is hard.   

I know there are people in worse shape than us and I try to remember that and count the blessings we have.  

Please keep us in your prayers.

God Bless,

Terri

Great health news Terri.

Sorry to hear your insurance are dragging their feet over the flood damage estimate.

Prayers 🙏 for better house news soon.

Graham.

• Like 7

Good afternoon.  Things are better today.  DH has feeling back in his legs.  The doctor said that getting the pressure off the nerve was all that was needed for that.  Moving him to a rehab hospital soon is in the works. I just talked to someone there to answer some questions.  She will check with one of the doctors and let us know when he'll be transferred. 

The rehab facility is about an hour from our house in an area of Waco we know.  Then the real work will begin.  After so much time of little activity and the surgeries, he needs to build up his strength and become independent again.  Once that happens, he will come home.  

Needless to say, I'm in a better place now.  However, this afternoon after a busy morning, I was tired.  I just relaxed, read the Daily and caught up on the news.

Again, thank you all for your support and good wishes.  

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I know I won't have access to my computer tomorrow, so I would appreciate you're posting my port pictures if there are any.

@rafinmd  Roy, you are correct about the yellow fever shots.  According to the CDC there as been an effective vaccine for more than 80 years.  They have determined a person only needs to get the vaccine once.  Of course that was after we'd had two.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

25 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  Things are better today.  DH has feeling back in his legs.  The doctor said that getting the pressure off the nerve was all that was needed for that.  Moving him to a rehab hospital soon is in the works. I just talked to someone there to answer some questions.  She will check with one of the doctors and let us know when he'll be transferred. 

The rehab facility is about an hour from our house in an area of Waco we know.  Then the real work will begin.  After so much time of little activity and the surgeries, he needs to build up his strength and become independent again.  Once that happens, he will come home.  

Needless to say, I'm in a better place now.  However, this afternoon after a busy morning, I was tired.  I just relaxed, read the Daily and caught up on the news.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I know I won't have access to my computer tomorrow, so I would appreciate you're posting my port pictures if there are any.

@rafinmd  Roy, you are correct about the yellow fever shots.  According to the CDC there as been an effective vaccine for more than 80 years.  They have determined a person only needs to get the vaccine once.  Of course that was after we'd had two.

Lenda

I'm pleased to hear your happier news today Lenda.

Hopefully your husband can build up his muscle strength in his legs quickly at the rehab centre and gain his independence once again.

One of the main appeals of the daily is the sincere camaraderie shown for each other and I for one wish you both the very best for now and the future.

Sincerely.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Debbie, @dfish which day did you say was your closing date? 

Closing on my Ohio home is this Friday, October 28th.   Closing on the Michigan home is Monday, October 31.  My sister has already closed on her house and has the money in hand.  The title company refused to wire it to the title company handling the Midland home.  

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I'm so glad  you got some encouraging news.   Having the feeling back in his legs is a big step forward.  Let's pray that forward progress continues at a rapid pace.

@Cruzin Terri Hooray for the good news about your hands and inflammation!   That must make you breathe easier.   What is wrong with the insurance company?   I would have my nephew the lawyer write them a letter if it happened to me.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, 4966and556 said:

We went to the local Humane Society.   We found a cat and went to the desk to ask about it.  We were told to go home and apply online.  I sent the email as soon as we got home.  SEVEN emails later and now we have an appointment  for a "Meet and greet"  with her on Saturday.  They needed us to send them a reference and   details about our vet.   

Hope it works out and you have a new furbaby in your home this weekend.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

It's good to hear your DH Steve has some feeling coming back in his legs.  Also happy to hear the rehab facility is about an hour away from your house and no farther.  I hope you both get a good night's sleep tonight.  

And I'll for sure check out tomorrow's port destination and post for you if necessary.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Closing on my Ohio home is this Friday, October 28th.   Closing on the Michigan home is Monday, October 31.  My sister has already closed on her house and has the money in hand.  The title company refused to wire it to the title company handling the Midland home.  

I'm so glad  you got some encouraging news.   Having the feeling back in his legs is a big step forward.  Let's pray that forward progress continues at a rapid pace.

@Cruzin Terri Hooray for the good news about your hands and inflammation!   That must make you breathe easier.   What is wrong with the insurance company?   I would have my nephew the lawyer write them a letter if it happened to me.

I wonder why the title company refused to wire the funds for her?  After all, she would pay a fee for that privilege and it's not that difficult for them.  They do it everyday.  Shaking my head trying to figure this one out.  Anyway best of luck to you both with the final paperwork, and enjoy your new home!!

• Like 11

Got a call just before 7 pm from the rehab hospital, and the doctor approved DH for admittance.  Since it was so late, they'll arrange transport tomorrow morning, maybe as early as 9 am.  They also let the hospital know, and they went ahead and changed the bandages from both surgeries and pulled the drain.  DH called me and also said they gave him a muscle relaxer plus some other things, so he was groggy.  I'm glad it's a hospital that specializes in rehab.  There's still a long way to go, but how long depends on how hard DH works.

Got some other good news.  Our neighbor checked the ceiling yesterday and today after the rain.  He saw no sign of leakage.  Fingers crossed 🤞 they got the leak fixed.  I want at least one more good rain before declaring it fixed.  The ceiling repair can wait until DH is better.  Besides, I'm not looking forward to having my kitchen torn up, but will manage.

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Got a call just before 7 pm from the rehab hospital, and the doctor approved DH for admittance.  Since it was so late, they'll arrange transport tomorrow morning, maybe as early as 9 am.  They also let the hospital know, and they went ahead and changed the bandages from both surgeries and pulled the drain.  DH called me and also said they gave him a muscle relaxer plus some other things, so he was groggy.  I'm glad it's a hospital that specializes in rehab.  There's still a long way to go, but how long depends on how hard DH works.

Got some other good news.  Our neighbor checked the ceiling yesterday and today after the rain.  He saw no sign of leakage.  Fingers crossed 🤞 they got the leak fixed.  I want at least one more good rain before declaring it fixed.  The ceiling repair can wait until DH is better.  Besides, I'm not looking forward to having my kitchen torn up, but will manage.

Lenda

Wonderful news, Lenda. I suspect just getting the feeling back in his legs is a psychological boost for Steve. 

Rest well. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I wonder why the title company refused to wire the funds for her?  After all, she would pay a fee for that privilege and it's not that difficult for them.  They do it everyday.  Shaking my head trying to figure this one out.  Anyway best of luck to you both with the final paperwork, and enjoy your new home!!

The notary public they sent out wondered the same thing.  She said they do it all the time and couldn't understand what the problem is now.  Well, Sue has the wiring instructions and will take them to the bank tomorrow and ask them to wire the money then.  All is well.  It will work out.

29 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Wonderful on both fronts.  Keep the good news flowing!   I'm sure you are overjoyed.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good evening from home!  We arrived home late Sunday night, 1:00 am Fort Lauderdale time, and Craig left Monday morning to pick up Blue at his brother’s 4 hours away. They arrived home this morning safe and sound. I spent the day yesterday unpacking and putting stuff away and catching up with sleep, and today doing laundry. It was so chilly this morning I decided to clean the oven and that also entails cleaning the counters on each side because that’s where I keep all my Mariner tiles and my utensil crocks. They sure get grimy. 

Hope all is well with everyone. I’ll catch up with the Daily tomorrow. Have a good evening!

• Like 13

@Cruzin Terri From previous experience with Carpel Tunnel, think about what is irritating your wrists, and take time off from it.  I was a performer, I wrote music, and played in bars and restaurants in the Decatur/Atlanta area.  I rehearsed 6 hours a day, performed 4-5 hours a night.  And I played guitar.  And after several months of this schedule I had to put the guitar down.  it was ok when it was open mike nights, when I started,  but doing it on my own 4-5 nights a week, it was too much.  I put down the guitars, took up drawing, and while i miss making the music, my wrists are not so screwed up.  I got an office job with filing, typing and kept the pain out of my life, until of course i was typing all the time,, and then back to the drawing board.  Figure out what you do that causes the pain, and quit doing that.  See if the pain clears up a bit.  An old friend had carpel tunnel due to typing, she had surgery on both wrists, and she said they never worked well afterwards.  Now i know surgery has improved, but surgery should be a last resort for something that you can change in your life to make yourself feel better.  I wish you well in that endeavor.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

oh, one last thing before I head off to lala land.  The quesadilla recipes the other day inspired me, so I made a weird one this morning.  It was tasty, feel free to recreate, but I will tell you what it needed that I didn't have that would have made it great.

I took a couple spoonfuls of low fat ricotta, added some cinnamon, stirred it up, and put it on a tortilla, added sliced strawberries, added the top half of the quesadilla ,browned both sides, cut into 4's and poured some honey on it.  HOWEVER, it was not sweet at all.  Was the honey actually super glue?  Not sure.  Just not sweet honey.  So, what would have really made this great?  Redi whip.  Home made whipped cream of course would be best, but it was breakfast.  Dh came in right after i took mine off the griddle.  He asked what it was, I told him,  after a while he asked if I would make him one.  Of course.  But in his I added sugar.  He liked it I guess.  He said it was tasty.

• Like 11

A number of you have suggested that we get a third party involved to get the insurance company moving on our claim.  I appreciate the suggestion.  However, we have a very competent contractor who is very astute and knows his business very well.  At present he has asked us not to get involved with the insurance company and let him deal with them.  He feels that this is the best course right now.  I tend to agree with him.

At this point I do not want to do anything that may risk losing this contractor.  He comes very highly recommended, especially with the reputation of getting every penny from the insurance company.  So I guess we just have to have patience and let him do his job.

If and when this does not work, then we will take it further.

Terri

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Got a call just before 7 pm from the rehab hospital, and the doctor approved DH for admittance.  Since it was so late, they'll arrange transport tomorrow morning, maybe as early as 9 am.  ...There's still a long way to go, but how long depends on how hard DH works.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm jumping with joy and doing a happy dance for you and your DH! I remember, like it was yesterday, the joy (& relief) I felt on the day we learned my DH was admitted to our preferred inpatient rehab following his stroke. 

What wonderful news!

-M.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@Cruzin TerriDo you wear wrist splints at night? My doctor recommended them over 20 years ago and I wear them every night. So far, the carpal tunnel has not progressed to a point where I need more help. A little strange getting used to them at first but now I can't go to sleep without them.

I was wearing them.  Somehow when the flood happened they disappeared.  I don’t know if the packers took them and packed them up with other things I can’t find.  They are just not around.  I am not hurting right now.  Doc says if I need another pair he will send them to me.  I said right now I am okay.

Thanks for your suggestion.  

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Fantastic news Lenda.

I'm delighted for you both.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Rotterdam is North of the Verrazzano Bridge.

Roy

I had my x-ray of my hips done at 09.20am UK time.

I asked if it looked bad and the lovely lady smiled and nodded.

She said my doctor would get the x-ray report.

It is my 66th birthday tomorrow and I qualify for my UK state pension 👍 so we are taking our Sarah out to celebrate.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2