Check-In Photo…DH Has Black Eye

helen haywood

You are not required to upload a photo, so just skip his.

We have uploaded pictures for all our recent sailing and they have never retaken DHs and only 1 of 6 of mine ( eyes not open enough). So they don’t always retake pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope his recovery is going smoothly.

I didn't upload photos for our last two cruises (April & October ) and our photos were taken in 2 seconds as we checked in - once in the Retreat Embarkation Lounge and once at regular check-in, both in Port Everglades.

Does it have to be a "just took it today" photo? Seems like for one cruise I uploaded photos that still looked like us but had been taken a year ago.

Have a great cruise.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, really.  He had minor surgery and it resulted in a purple bruise.   Need to take a photo for an upcoming cruise.  Should I just take it and assume they’ll take another one at boarding if he’s back to looking normal?  What’s the latest I could take the picture?

Really doesn't matter -  If you don't upload one they will shoot your picture either at check in or when you board the ship.    50% of the time they take our picture again even if I have it on the Sea Pass.     I have a couple stock photos from previous checkins and i just use cut and paste on website checkin

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I will be on the Beyond naming ceremony two day trade cruise this weekend and have a massive black eye from a fall that occurred on Thursday.

Thankfully I didn’t break any bones or sustained serious injury,  I uploaded my usual photo and hopefully that will suffice embarking as well as facial recognition upon disembarking. 
Hopefully the bruising will start to fade in a few days and concealer will be my new best friend….

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

They took one of each of us when we arrived at the terminal even though we had our pics uploaded into the app well ahead of time.

In talking to other passengers on board, they always retake pictures and there’s no point in uploading your pic to the app

No they don’t. They’ve accepted our uploads 2 years running.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, really.  He had minor surgery and it resulted in a purple bruise.   Need to take a photo for an upcoming cruise.  Should I just take it and assume they’ll take another one at boarding if he’s back to looking normal?  What’s the latest I could take the picture?

Sure, ok...😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, helen haywood said:

For our last cruise I used a couple pics taken about 10 years ago.   

As for a bruise, do you think Celebrity cares?

18 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, really.  He had minor surgery and it resulted in a purple bruise.   

14 hours ago, mari10 said:

I will be on the Beyond naming ceremony two day trade cruise this weekend and have a massive black eye from a fall that occurred on Thursday.

Sincere best wishes for a speedy recovery to all…

Just so frustrating when mishaps happen just before a holiday.

Re photos we upload the ones accepted for our passport renewal a couple of years ago. Always accepted but staff may think us a bit miserable looking!

• Like 1