Is Stanley a Casualty of Covid?

MamaMills

I noticed when onboard the discovery in June that the only Stanley bears available in the shop were holiday themed and we’re few in number. When looking at the onboard gift selection for my upcoming cruise, they no longer have the bear plush as an option to purchase. 

I know they had to stop the breakfasts, etc with Stanley with Covid and haven’t resumed them that I’m aware of.

Does anyone know if maybe they’ve done away with Stanley as their mascot and all the coordinating merch?

Stanley the 6' mascot was on the Caribbean for its repositioning cruise a week ago. Also, the shop had Stanley plushes for $27 I believe. There were plenty of Stanley's to buy.

Edited by Mike07
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I will bet that they even sell clothes for him.

DON

not many but on the Majestic, they had traditional Chinese clothing for them. They are actually one of the better buys on Princess ships. They are very reasonable for the quality of the bears. Yes, we have 3 & yes, they travel with us. 

2022-01-31 09.58.06.jpg

There is actually a thread of various Stanley bears on their adventures. 

Edited by travelin.sisters
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’ve never seen clothes for sale for Stanley. 
@travelin.sistersDean the GS Director on Sapphire told me Cherry is only available on Sapphire (& maaaaybe Diamond -I’ll find out in Jan).  

The Royal had a dozen different Stanley’s last month.

when we were on the Sapphire, they said they were one of the few ships that had her, she is pretty adorable. 

On our June sailing there were no Stanley’s, only Stanley backpacks, and a windbreaker which folded into a Stanley pack.  We were told it was a restocking unavailability issue.

My daughter wanted one, so we went down to the gift shop only to discover the shops were closed (at 8:30 pm?).  We stared into the main gift shop to see if we could see any Stanley’s, but only saw the aforementioned backpacks and jackets.  We promised our daughter that we’d get one on the next cruise if we couldn’t find one the next day.

upon returning to our cabin later that night, we received a nice note from the customer service desk, who we had talked to about some minor issue.  And along with the note was a Stanley backpack!

My wife talked to the desk agent the next day, and she said she was sorry about the problem we had had, and our daughter was so cute while we waited in line, she just wanted to give her something to remember the trip.

Unusually serendipitous, but very much appreciated the gesture.  My daughter filled her new backpack up with her treasures and wore the backpack when we disembarked.

• Like 1