New menus on Symphony reported

John&LaLa

Interesting that Escargot is only on a few nights not every night before. I am curious about Lobster night. Does that go away? Normally on lobster night they serve a Bahamian lobster not a cold water Maine. where you can have seconds or thirds at no charge. I wonder if this is gone now and replaced by the Maine lobster with a charge for a second tail?

55 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Interesting that Escargot is only on a few nights not every night before. I am curious about Lobster night. Does that go away? Normally on lobster night they serve a Bahamian lobster not a cold water Maine. where you can have seconds or thirds at no charge. I wonder if this is gone now and replaced by the Maine lobster with a charge for a second tail?

Appears that way. Works for me.

• Like 2

It's looks pretty good to me. I'll be on Symphony next week, not sure if I'll end up in the MDR because I have the dining package, but if I do I'll be sure to report back. 

If the weather turns out bad, I'll be far more likely to eat 2 dinners, since I won't need a flat stomach for my bikini, in which case, I'll have my specialty dinner early, then do the 8pm MDR 😂

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not impressed.  Keep the old menu.  They still have the pork chop and on 3 different ships it was dry and tough.  Maybe it's the cut.

French onion soup no longer on menu for every night?

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'd like to try the Maine lobster and hope its bigger than the regular one. I love lobster. Last cruise the regular lobster seemed extra good. 

I saw a picture of it and it is a lot larger. That's the reason why everyone orders two or more tails with the Bahaman lobster tail because they are so small. I ate four on our last cruise. Each tail was about 2-3 bites.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'd like to try the Maine lobster and hope its bigger than the regular one. I love lobster. Last cruise the regular lobster seemed extra good. 

We had good lobster on Mariner a few weeks ago. They were small, but I only ate two. I guess new program is to cut down on the extra orders.

But hey, I can have Laura order one as well.😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We had good lobster on Mariner a few weeks ago. They were small, but I only ate two. I guess new program is to cut down on the extra orders.

But hey, I can have Laura order one as well.😉

But they may charge her for a 2nd entree.😄

By the way, do you know how large is the upcharged whole lobster.

• Haha 1

Found this posted elsewhere  I didn't realize that the always available items were gone.  I'm a fan of the Spaghetti Bolonese

I was just as curious about this change as everyone reading it, so I reached out to Royal Caribbean for clarification on the changes.

The dining room menu update is limited to Symphony of the Seas currently, and the company is adamant they will be listening to guest feedback onboard the ship for their opinions.

The impetus for making the change is for the guest experience in an effort to simplify the dining room menu, which would allow the service to speed up.

Edited by molly361
  • Haha 1

Hmmm, we noticed a couple of new items on Wonder's menu for our cruise next month and there was no lobster, at first. Then, the menu went away for a few hours. When the menu resurfaced, lobster was reinstated. Guess there are some changes being made as we speak .... or post!😉

23 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Found this posted elsewhere  I didn't realize that the always available items were gone.  I'm a fan of the Spaghetti Bolonese

I was just as curious about this change as everyone reading it, so I reached out to Royal Caribbean for clarification on the changes.

The dining room menu update is limited to Symphony of the Seas currently, and the company is adamant they will be listening to guest feedback onboard the ship for their opinions.

The impetus for making the change is for the guest experience in an effort to simplify the dining room menu, which would allow the service to speed up.

Yeah, I rarely order entrees off the every night menu, but my wife does all the time. We also both order off the classic apps most nights.

I'm fine with the lobster change, but ditching the classic menu seems like a very bad idea. My biggest complaint on my Disney cruises was the lack of options in the MDR. And it's not like they had 30 options, 8 options for 5,000 people didn't seem excessive.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, molly361 said:

So the strip steak on the always menu is gone on the test menu? I've gotten this about half the time. Not a good change goe me. I'd be in the WJ most nights. Picky eater. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, molly361 said:

So, the steak, macaroni dish and the salmon will no longer be available as standard, that would sucks.  Paxs complain the present menu is limited, now if the above listed entrees are confirmed then it's even more limited. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Looks like they've added an Indian dish each night and tweaked a few of the other apps/entrees.

Interested in this ^

will see if we can get them shipped to CK

Just got off PRIMA today, they have an Indian 🇮🇳 “Tamara” in the Indulge food hall

Excellent Indian fair, probably best Indian food we have had at sea on any line in 22 years 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

So the strip steak on the always menu is gone on the test menu? I've gotten this about half the time. Not a good change goe me. I'd be in the WJ most nights. Picky eater. 

11 minutes ago, nelblu said:

So, the steak, macaroni dish and the salmon will no longer be available as standard, that would sucks.  Paxs complain the present menu is limited, now if the above listed entrees are confirmed then it's even more limited. 

One more quote from the other source

In looking through the menu via the Royal Caribbean app, the recurring items have been removed, such as spaghetti bolognese, chicken, strip steak, et al.

• Like 1