Harmony MDR Lunch - Tutti Salad?

funNsun4me

Hope RCI brings it back --  I loved it.  The Park Cafe salad bar (Oasis Class Ships) has a very nice salad bar where your salad is put together by crew members.  I like it and also like having the Roast Beef Sandwich.  however, the Tuti Salad had more selections.  

• Thanks 1

I remember when it was offered on the Q class it was held in the American Icon restaurant and as you entered there was a dessert station with a masterful chocolate syrup fountain in the center.  The fountain was surrounded by cakes, ice cream. brownies, pies, etc.  When I spooned the syrup over the ice cream it created a solid chocolate shell over the ice cream and reminded me of the Dairy Queen brown top.

They also had a buffet breakfast in the MDR.

Oh, those were the days.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Hope RCI brings it back --  I loved it.  The Park Cafe salad bar (Oasis Class Ships) has a very nice salad bar where your salad is put together by crew members.  I like it and also like having the Roast Beef Sandwich.  however, the Tuti Salad had more selections.  

Sherri...during the Pinnies only lunches in the Solarium Bistro on Wonder TA (due to 210 Pinnacles on board) they had a smaller version of the Tutti Salad bar, but it was serve yourself.  Reminded me of how much I missed the old MDR Tutti bar.  

14 hours ago, nelblu said:

I remember when it was offered on the Q class it was held in the American Icon restaurant and as you entered there was a dessert station with a masterful chocolate syrup fountain in the center.  The fountain was surrounded by cakes, ice cream. brownies, pies, etc.  When I spooned the syrup over the ice cream it created a solid chocolate shell over the ice cream and reminded me of the Dairy Queen brown top.

They also had a buffet breakfast in the MDR.

Oh, those were the days.

So many things lost and gone...which started out as a Covid cut back...but is still gone.  RCI enjoying cost cutting and hoping pax won't notice I guess.  😞 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

So many things lost and gone...which started out as a Covid cut back...but is still gone.  RCI enjoying cost cutting and hoping pax won't notice I guess.  😞 

RC and Celebrity are counting on all us old farts (of course speaking only of myself and Kathy might be lurking, 👀) pass along and all the new cruisers won't know what has been eliminated.   

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

RC and Celebrity are counting on all us old farts (of course speaking only of myself and Kathy might be lurking, 👀) pass along and all the new cruisers won't know what has been eliminated.   

Out of sight...out of mind...but being out of my mind is common anyway.  😄 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I have been there for the salads , but i skip the sandwich.

I agree though, the MDR salads were better.

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Sherri...during the Pinnies only lunches in the Solarium Bistro on Wonder TA (due to 210 Pinnacles on board) they had a smaller version of the Tutti Salad bar, but it was serve yourself.  Reminded me of how much I missed the old MDR Tutti bar.  

Maybe we should start getting folks to put a request that RCI bring back the Tutti Salad Bar in their post-cruise Survey.  

• Like 1