Elite Happy Hour

sunsetme

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I didn't notice a card either on the Enchanted. Another cutback I suppose. 😁

There was no card on my October cruise on the Enchanted, but the schedule for the lounge was printed on the bottom of one of information sheets provided on boarding. So, no cutback or semi-cutback, take your choice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

There was no card on my October cruise on the Enchanted, but the schedule for the lounge was printed on the bottom of one of information sheets provided on boarding. So, no cutback or semi-cutback, take your choice.

Missed it. 

18 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

I would have missed it too, but it caught my eye when I moved the paper to make room for my laptop.

We went 4 or 5 times and got bored with it since we had the plus package and weren't interested in getting any discounts for drinks. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

We went 4 or 5 times and got bored with it since we had the plus package and dweren't interested in getting any discounts for drinks. 

How discounted are the drinks? We've only ordered drinks once, & I don't remember the cost. We go for the appetizers. 😊

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 1965 said:

How discounted are the drinks? We've only ordered drinks once, & I don't remember the cost. We go for the appetizers. 😊

I don't really know. We had a hard time keeping up with out 15 drinks per day each with the plus package. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 1965 said:

There are specials, I don't believe every drink is discounted. Last trip we had a Premium Plus Bev Package and my wine of choice never exceeded the limit.

I’d be happy with a mechanism to see the PES apps offer and buffet features in the MC app, on which they’ve spent a bucket of shareholder money.   Imagine, an app that shows things to the people who should see it, when they should see it. 

*puts down bag of gummies not intended for children*

• Haha 2

An adult liver can metabolise about one standard drink per hour.   Princess pours are remarkably consistent.   

Let’s assume one greets the day with a mimosa at 9:30 and has another at 10:30.  One then has a glass of Prosecco to pregame lunch at 11:30 and a glass of wine with said lunch at 12:30.  

One now retires to a sunbed in the Lotus Spa Pool area and commences four hours of languid reading and soaking, each of which has a libation.  Perhaps a glass of wine while showering and changing.  Roll into the PES event and a couple of Port Lemonades later it’s time for dinner.  Sparkling to start, a glass of still with the entrée.  A drink with the show, a nightcap

after.  

Boom, there’s 15, it’s not even midnight yet and a 160 pound adult has never had a BAC over 0.02.

You can obviously drink a little harder (swap some of those for Beverly Hills Iced Teas), but it’s absolutely possible to max out the package without ever having a noticeable buzz, let alone being drunk and disorderly or even needing much recovery time.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2022 at 4:42 PM, effyatsea said:
On 11/25/2022 at 4:22 PM, JudithLynne said:

I remember long ago that Princess, right before disembarkation, would offer a specially priced opportunity in the computer lounge to check in for your return flights and print your airline tickets.  Is this still available?

If it is they didn't tell us in Regal's internet cafe last year. Had to purchase a full day's internet to spend 5 mins printing off the tickets needed the next morning. 

I requested to be comped for 5 minutes on the Enchanted Princess (I already knew they couldn't limit me to #minutes). Cafe Mgr complied. But it wasn't a big deal as I booked EZAIR so I was their passenger until I boarded for SFO. Didn't need to print though as I just use mobile boarding passes

Never hurts to ask

There wasn't a card with the menu, but the schedule was included on a handout of all the Elite activities on the Caribbean in August. The strange thing was that even the loyalty and events manager said she did not know the menu ahead of time.

I thought it was moderately well attended, but we had more than 1,600 Elite and Platinum passengers on that cruise plus any suite passengers who were not already at one of those levels. 

I did not have the drink package.

• Like 1

I was on the Sky TA, went with another couple the last two night sorry I missed the first 12. I did have the drink package. Nice looking appetizers live music snd plenty of places to sit. Felt very relaxing to me. Going on the Royal on Dec 12, with no drink package ( I didn’t drink enough to make it financially worthwhile.  Will

pay for my drinks as I go. I saw the drink menu of which there are 1 or 2 drinks I could choke down  for. $6.50 ha ha. I also have the free mini 

bar in my room for being elite, as well as the bottle of wine I am allowed to bring onboard. My question is this: do any of the bars offer any type of happy hour pricing on drinks, if so do

you know which bars and what kind of discounts? Thanks 

Norma

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigeagle12 said:

We are Platinum and traveling with friends who are not.  Will they be able to go in with us?

You might be able to get them in, but they shouldn’t be allowed. Depends on who is monitoring the door. We are Elite and soon traveling with friends who are Gold. We wouldn’t think of asking them to join us. We will meet up at dinner.

Edited by billco
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

My question is this: do any of the bars offer any type of happy hour pricing on drinks, if so do

you know which bars and what kind of discounts? Thanks 

No. There is no happy hour or discounted drinks other than the limited selection at the PES "event". Prior to the shutdown there was always an affair on a formal night when they did the champagne waterfall. Waiters would circulate through the crowds in the Piazza area with free champagne and some other drinks. There also used to be a "welcome" affair where they had some free drinks. I don't know if those functions have been resumed since the restart. I'm guessing someone else here will know.