Poll: Coco Cay versus Labadee

The showdown: Coco Cay versus Labadee  

113 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to choose one for your itinerary, which would it be, and why? Please only respond if you've actually visited both

• Labadee
    • Coco Cay

Labadee.

We first visited there before they had a dock and I remember hearing the drums playing in the distance as we approached in the tenders. HaHa, Haiti, Drums, Voodoo, and Zombies. HaHa

Seems smaller and more like we are in the Caribbean than CoCo Cay. Labadee feels like less of an amusement park.

Both are nice but for us Labadee has a slight edge.

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 1

Before the new pier went in at Labadee, that spot had a cute little uncrowded beach with great snorkeling in clear shallow water with a lot of tropical fish.   

Walking to the far end of Coco Cay on the nature trail, we came out at the end with the " high point" that usually had a couple of chairs and a Tiki umbrella.  Lots of Peacocks and Iguanas along the way.  A great spot to sit and look out over the short cliffs for a wonderful view of the ship anchored off shore.  

All gone now.  

Fast forward to all the changes...we simply get off the ship for a walk around/a little exercise, picking up a Coco Loco or Labadoozie (same drink BTW)...then return for an uncrowded quiet lunch on the ship. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Thanks, we’re not Pinnacle but we are in a suite on the next cruise that stops in Labadee.  So how do we get to this beach when we get off the ship?

You can take the short shuttle ride, but it is actually a very easy walk to Barefoot Beach (Suites Beach).  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I miss the old ferry over to Columbus Cove. Hope it comes back. Columbus cove is a better overall beach than Barefoot. Easy entry, less rocks

Me too. The ferry is just sitting over there for now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pier was done by then

I have memory problems.My guess was 2017 to 2019.I keep a journal of vacations .The next time I look at it I will find out but being disabled and spending 21 hours a day in bed I cannot easily check it out .I guess I should before posting about specific things.