Poll: Coco Cay versus Labadee

The showdown: Coco Cay versus Labadee  

113 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to choose one for your itinerary, which would it be, and why? Please only respond if you've actually visited both

• Labadee
    • Coco Cay

For us it’s Labadee hands down. Love the more Caribbean island rustic feel than coco cay themed island. We love coco cay as well, however between the two, Labadee has our vote! I think it also depends on what you do in each port. We normally get over the water cabana at Labadee and cabana at coco cay beach club and just prefer the feel of Labadee 

• Like 2

Definitely Coco Cay. Been there 3 times, once at the beach club (which I would do again at the right price). Was supposed to go again 2 weeks ago, but Anthem rerouted to Labadee and I looked forward to going there. The beach area was nice, give me a lounger and umbrella and I’m in my happy place. The only thing that I didn’t like was it seemed like everyone had their hand out for a tip. I am certainly not against tipping, and I understand it is their livelihood, but it almost seemed forced. Just my opinion. Didn’t have any interactions with the vendors, stayed far away from them.

I don't begrudge anyone for their choice but for us if we had to choose one it would be Labadee.  We do enjoy both but for different reasons.

Labadee positives:

• Relaxing (love chill vibe and views at Columbus Cove with the ship as the backdrop)
  • Feels more like we picture when we think of a tropical getaway
  • Gorgeous views when docking and leaving 

Coco Cay positives:

• Food options and quality
  • So many options for activities
  • Massive freshwater pool

Labadee negatives:

• Food quality and options
  • Less to do

Coco Cay negatives:

• Feels more like an amusement park than a private island.  "Over commercialized"
  • Feels significantly more crowded and can be hard to find loungers in our experience

Debatable:

The markets of Labadee.  Lots of options and souvenirs, but on the other hand the aggressive sales/interactions can be "off putting"

Maybe a one and done, but Largest zipline over water in the world at Labadee

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Pick one.  Which would you choose for your itinerary and why?  Please only respond if you've actually visited both

Cococay, more to do and the locals are not harassing.  The one plus on Labadee is the zip line, but how many times will you do that?

• Like 1

The reason I said Labadee is because we are in CocoCay about 10 times a year on our 3 night cruises.  We want to go back to Labadee since we have not been there in so long, but very few itins include Labadee.  I specifically booked our Oasis Dec 4th cruise because it was going there, and within a couple months of booking, they changed it to CocoCay.  Don't get me wrong, we LOVE CocoCay, but really wanted to go to Labadee since we are at CocoCay so many times a year on short cruises.

Edited by karena1
  • Like 2

We did a bungalow on Labadee and loved it.  I wanted to do the Dragon Coaster, but didn't get a chance on our last visit. 

The Oasis Lagoon cabana was a great experience for us as well.  There is definitely a loud, party atmosphere at the pool.  The water was freezing cold and the line at the swim up bar ridiculous.  

Next cruise, we are opting for the CoCo Beach Club.  That may be the tie-breaker in my mind.  

There was no choice for "neither".  

IMHO....Both used to be really nice, natural and pretty...which was before the pier went in at Labadee, and the "Disneyfied" theme park went in at Coco Cay.  

Now...Mother Nature has left the area.  😞 

If I want theme park...I will drive to Orlando...don't need to pay for it on a ship.  😑

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I prefer Coco Cay's pool and amusement park atmosphere as some of you have called it...:-)  But I do like the Dragon's Coaster on Labadee and last time I was at Labadee I walked the trails and enjoyed seeing the "ruins".  Whether it be real ruins or made to look like ruins.  It was a different and cool experience.  So peaceful.

• Like 1