Poll: Coco Cay versus Labadee

The showdown: Coco Cay versus Labadee  

113 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to choose one for your itinerary, which would it be, and why? Please only respond if you've actually visited both

• Labadee
    • Coco Cay

I love them both! Voted for Labadee just because I go there less often, 

Both are a free beach day

Both have food, CocoCay is better 

Both are warm in winter, Labadee being warmer 

Labadee has the coaster, rode it 50 times the last time I was there. 
Labadee feels less crowded. I’ve only ever been there with 1 ship in port

Edited by SummerBeee

7 hours ago, George C said:

Ladabee for the suite beach 

Not a fan lately

I could tolerate it when food was better. Sucked last time we went. And I hate how the attendants harass you for tips. 

I just want a lounger, leave me alone

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

Labadee is amazing compared to coco. Do not go to the vendor area on Labadee that is it. Coco is a Disney park. When I’m on the Caribbean I want to be in a Caribbean island, not Disney. We get off the ship around 2 o’clock when everyone else is getting back on the ship. We enjoy 3 hours all on Columbus cove  with few people. Doesn’t even compare to Coco. I liked coco back before it turned to a Disney park. 

04DCFD9A-AED8-4D8B-A36B-8867D1952870.jpeg

0C41B04E-9A72-49E3-92F4-9FA4F4139FC2.jpeg

30DD7668-6028-448A-87E1-65D9235BF8CE.jpeg

Edited by renza
  • Like 5

Was at Labadee this past week. Been to both several times. Like them both . Coco is more like an amusement park. Labadee is better (for me). Ive been on the suite beach but I like Columbus Cove. Its more tropical, less crowded, local music is not loud, was not harassed by anyone for a tip. I grabbed a nice lounge chair under a palm tree. I only shopped at the  Artisan Market and food was fine especially the desserts. I asked for a salad size container after lunch and put a few rum cakes in it to take back to the ship. Tasty.

Coco Cay, however I don't like the aqua park or the big pool where the poolparty is. All the music and "clap your hands in the air" "say OOOH AHHH" from the DJ makes me think of a Vegas pool party not the Caribbean and I head straight to my favourite beach, South Beach. I am perfectly happy with staying there and swimming up to the floating bar, don't need anything more.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, island lady said:

There was no choice for "neither".  

IMHO....Both used to be really nice, natural and pretty...which was before the pier went in at Labadee, and the "Disneyfied" theme park went in at Coco Cay.  

Now...Mother Nature has left the area.  😞 

If I want theme park...I will drive to Orlando...don't need to pay for it on a ship.  😑

I'm with you. I prefer itineraries that include neither one.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RJ257 said:

Was at Labadee this past week. Been to both several times. Like them both . Coco is more like an amusement park. Labadee is better (for me). Ive been on the suite beach but I like Columbus Cove. Its more tropical, less crowded, local music is not loud, was not harassed by anyone for a tip. I grabbed a nice lounge chair under a palm tree. I only shopped at the  Artisan Market and food was fine especially the desserts. I asked for a salad size container after lunch and put a few rum cakes in it to take back to the ship. Tasty.

I miss the old ferry over to Columbus Cove. Hope it comes back. Columbus cove is a better overall beach than Barefoot. Easy entry, less rocks

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

What’s the suite beach? 

Barefoot Beach. It's a small cove close to ship.

Private area for suites and Pinnacles. Used to be better food.

A couple of pluses are they have towels and beach mats available, a bar, a shower, and lots of shade. And you get there on a golf cart, but you might have to wait a bit

No restroom, have to head across the trail to Adrenalin Beach, or go in the ocean😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

Just been to both at the start of the month..Labadee was Brutal (Hot🥵) Coco Cay had a very nice climate...A lot of people went off the ship and then got back on after a short while stating it was not so much the Facilitys but the Heat....

40 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Barefoot Beach. It's a small cove close to ship.

Private area for suites and Pinnacles. Used to be better food.

A couple of pluses are they have towels and beach mats available, a bar, a shower, and lots of shade. And you get there on a golf cart, but you might have to wait a bit

No restroom, have to head across the trail to Adrenalin Beach, or go in the ocean😉

Thanks, we’re not Pinnacle but we are in a suite on the next cruise that stops in Labadee.  So how do we get to this beach when we get off the ship?

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Thanks, we’re not Pinnacle but we are in a suite on the next cruise that stops in Labadee.  So how do we get to this beach when we get off the ship?

The concierge will let you know. However, basically there’s is a shuttle to the beach that leaves right from the end of the pier. 

Had a cliff side cabana last time. Amazing. 

as for coco cay, it is an overpriced amusement park. If that is what you like, you will choose that. I like the more rustic feel of Labadee. Although the staff issues there are problematic 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jakeil7 said:

The concierge will let you know. However, basically there’s is a shuttle to the beach that leaves right from the end of the pier. 

Had a cliff side cabana last time. Amazing. 

as for coco cay, it is an overpriced amusement park. If that is what you like, you will choose that. I like the more rustic feel of Labadee. Although the staff issues there are problematic 

thanks, I just looked on the map and saw where it is.  
I agree, coco cay is more of a water park than a quiet beach 

Went to Labadee twice in one week on Grandeur last week. Love the beauty of the area. Much more tropical and love the mountains. Food served is not as good as it is all brought off the ship unlike CocoCay. Variety is very poor. We stayed on ship on our last leg and had some really good food in the WJ with no crowds and had ship pool to ourselves for a few hours. 

Too much hustling for tips at Labadee also. Guys directing you to chairs and wiping off non existing dirt. Never had that in CocoCay. Food spoils you at CocoCay and it is hard to believe the same cruise line operates both areas.

• Like 1