Covid Isolation If You Are A Smoker

Zanny

Hi I was wondering whatĀ  happens if you get covid on a cruise and isolate if you are a smoker husband smokes and I can'tĀ  see him not being able to smoke fir the 5 days while in iso.Hoping someone has had this situation come up. Thanks

I don't have a definitive answer, and it may depend on which ship you are on.

Ā 

Quantum allowed passengers to smoke in-cabin for those quarantined on the crossing from the US last month.

Ā 

Australian rules are a bit more restrictive around smoking indoors. Even for anyone with a balcony, I can't be sure if they allow you to even smoke there, officially at least. My wife couldn't smoke while she was in hospital last year, so had to manage with patches. I am guessing on an official level, the same will apply to Aussie based cruises.

10 hours ago, Hogbay said:

I read the P&O protocol yes you were allowed to smoke on balcony and were supplied a ash tray not to leave cigarette un attended etc .

Wow - I'd be furious if I was the mug isolating in the cabin adjoining or down windĀ 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Womble99 said:
9 minutes ago, lissie said:

Wow - I'd be furious if I was the mug isolating in the cabin adjoining or down windĀ 

Ā 

HiĀ  take up your concerns with guest services ...nothing to do with me ...op asked a question .... i dont smoke...

The thread is about smoking!!!!

Ā 

22 hours ago, Zanny said:

Hi I was wondering whatĀ  happens if you get covid on a cruise and isolate if you are a smoker husband smokes and I can'tĀ  see him not being able to smoke fir the 5 days while in iso.Hoping someone has had this situation come up. Thanks

When I was sick, I didn't feel like smoking at all... My condition was not the best, so I just abstained. But I smoke the lightest cigarettes, so it wasn't very difficult for me to abstain.

Hi all.

12 hours ago, elvy said:

on Luminosa, smokers who had covid were permitted to smoke in the bathroom with door shut and light/fan going.

That actually sounds sensible as the smoke wouldn't affect anyone other than those in that cabin.Ā 

We know itā€™s against the law to smoke on the balcony so what happens if some person flicks their butt over the side and starts a fire or anyone who hasnā€™t got covid and they start smoking on the balcony , smoking in the bathroom might be better

• Like 3

We are currently on Ovation, 11 days New Zealand.Ā  Husband has covid and confined to our cabin, and I'm keeping him company. In his documentation the subject of smoking is addressed. Smoking is permitted in the bathroom only, not in the cabin, not on the balcony. I don't know for a fact, but I would assume an ashtray would be provided. The cabin/bathroom remains unserviced during quarantine so arrangements would have to be made to dispose of ash/butts.Ā  We don't smoke by the way.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 6:57 AM, Zanny said:

Pack some patches just in case.

Thank you everyone for your information. I am still not sure if I want to cruise at all in the near future while all thisĀ  covid is with us although I know it will be around for a long time. I haven'tĀ  had it but do wear a mask and faceshield every time I go out in public.

4 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

Probably time for them to man-up and grow a set. They've had long enough to run out of excuses.. šŸ™‚Ā 

Maybe time to stop posting unhelpful and demeaning statements to someone who is struggling with addiction and is just trying to be prepared by seeking advice.Ā 
Ā 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Auscruisefam said:

Maybe time to stop posting unhelpful and demeaning statements to someone who is struggling with addiction and is just trying to be prepared by seeking advice.Ā 
Ā 

Yeah.. but like any addiction.. it's not that hard to solve when the excuses stop šŸ™‚Ā 

10 hours ago, Auscruisefam said:

Ā 

Not all are struggling with it. Many enjoy smoking regardless.

The cost alone would put me off.

Ā 

On the Majestic currently and Covid Ā positive, information given states that they advise you to refrain from smoking to prevent worsening of symptoms. You may smoke on your balcony with balcony door closed, room steward will provide ashtray on request.Ā 

On 11/28/2022 at 8:37 PM, elvy said:

on Luminosa, smokers who had covid were permitted to smoke in the bathroom with door shut and light/fan going.

I am grad they sorted that. It would be unsafe to smoke in the dark šŸ˜‰

Whatever your views on smoking, most people have a vice of one sort or another. Imagine if they restricted drinking to only small sections of open decks and wouldn't allow you to consume in your cabin. There would be a whole lotta shakin goin on.

Ā 

It is important to facilitate smokers in that situation. An alternative would be to avoid going into isolation by self-reasoning that the fruity cough is just a smoker's hack not worthy of getting tested for.