Mask Mandate Australia

hammo

Sailing in January on Grand Princess out of Melbourne , having just disembarked Quantum of the Seas where masks were advised but not compulsory . With masks mandatory on Princess , can anyone give information about how this works in bars and  diningrooms please ? Not sure how a soggy mask at the pool goes either 🤭. Thinking of cancelling but hate losing the $ .  

11 minutes ago, hammo said:

Sailing in January on Grand Princess out of Melbourne , having just disembarked Quantum of the Seas where masks were advised but not compulsory . With masks mandatory on Princess , can anyone give information about how this works in bars and  diningrooms please ? Not sure how a soggy mask at the pool goes either 🤭. Thinking of cancelling but hate losing the $ .  

The masks required cruises I have been on on Princess had the "except when eating or drinking". Some added "actively".  They tried, without much success for "sip and cover". Many people sat down in the bars with a book and took off their masks. Also the buffet.

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Once seated you were safe from the virus. 

Hilarious!!! Honest to God this is what a lot of people believe 🤣

To OP, the only time masks are required for Australia/NZ cruises is getting on/off ship UNLESS ship reaches a specific tier level of infected passengers. As @capriccio suggested, go to the Australia/New Zealand board here on CC to learn more.

Cheers,

John

2 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Hilarious!!! Honest to God this is what a lot of people believe 🤣

To OP, the only time masks are required for Australia/NZ cruises is getting on/off ship UNLESS ship reaches a specific tier level of infected passengers. As @capriccio suggested, go to the Australia/New Zealand board here on CC to learn more.

Cheers,

John

It must be science, same rules here a year or so ago, you could only catch covid when stood up in a pub, sat down Covid couldn't get you. Take that Virus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, sayaguru said:

Masks compulsory in Buffet. Highly recommended at all indoor areas. Sip and Cover announcements in bars, lounges. 

Clarification: Compulsory *only* while getting your food at the buffet.  Once sitting...obviously no mask required.

40 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Clarification: Compulsory *only* while getting your food at the buffet.  Once sitting...obviously no mask required.

Obviously, because as we all know you can't catch covid sat down 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Since we are just off a TA where people freely coughed, hacked and sneezed while serving themselves in the buffet, I wouldn’t be against this. One woman sneezed into her hand, then proceed to serve herself with the tongs. At least when seated we can choose to be away from others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Since we are just off a TA where people freely coughed, hacked and sneezed while serving themselves in the buffet, I wouldn’t be against this. One woman sneezed into her hand, then proceed to serve herself with the tongs. At least when seated we can choose to be away from others.

We're with you.  I can only control my own behavior, not others around us who choose to be inconsiderate.  We have adopted wearing n95 masks when in congested areas or traveling, and have escaped contracting anything since that decision.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

It's a good reason to be first in line when the buffet opens at 11:30. ☺️

Currently on the Majestic out from Australia, masks are compulsory in all indoor areas except staterooms, masks obviously not required when dining/drinking, guests are asked to sip and replace mask when drinking in the theatre. In outdoor areas masks not required unless unable to keep a safe distance. It’s quite amusing to see masks being worn around necks, under noses and being left on tables whilst guests eat their meals. Masks are also required on all Princess Excursions whilst in vehicles. Don’t let the use of masks put you off cruising at this time, I’m on my 6th cruise since September and have not found it an issue, currently Covid positive but ready for another 2 cruises next month, beats staying at home!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, marinating said:

Currently on the Majestic out from Australia, masks are compulsory in all indoor areas except staterooms, masks obviously not required when dining/drinking, guests are asked to sip and replace mask when drinking in the theatre. In outdoor areas masks not required unless unable to keep a safe distance. It’s quite amusing to see masks being worn around necks, under noses and being left on tables whilst guests eat their meals. Masks are also required on all Princess Excursions whilst in vehicles. Don’t let the use of masks put you off cruising at this time, I’m on my 6th cruise since September and have not found it an issue, currently Covid positive but ready for another 2 cruises next month, beats staying at home

Don’t let the use of masks put you off cruising at this time,

You just have put me off

• Like 1

In 2020, I told my husband that if your knees are bent, than the virus passes you by...🤣... Like sitting at your table. But if you get up to visit the restroom, then you must wear your mask because your legs are straight.

• Haha 1

Also currently on Majestic. Masks have been required since the start but not really enforced. Lots of folks just blatantly not wearing. I did suggest to GM that they make an effort to enforce. We are 6 days in and experiencing a Covid outbreak. Now they are enforcing masks and we all have to be tested tomorrow. A bit like closing the barn door after the horse has already escaped.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, courtside said:

Also currently on Majestic. Masks have been required since the start but not really enforced. Lots of folks just blatantly not wearing. I did suggest to GM that they make an effort to enforce. We are 6 days in and experiencing a Covid outbreak. Now they are enforcing masks and we all have to be tested tomorrow. A bit like closing the barn door after the horse has already escaped.

Any idea how many people?

2 hours ago, courtside said:

Strange about people not wearing the masks. I was on Majestic two weeks ago and there was almost 100% compliance with the mask wearing requirement. Didn't stop me catching the dreaded though.

Edited by leck57
spelling

4 hours ago, courtside said:

It sounds pretty much the same as it was a while ago when the virus was much more serious. 

8 hours ago, courtside said:

Thanks for the report.

Wow! Six days in and still testing. Not good. The numbers must be very bad. In addition, another thread reported that tests required onboard the Miami-Buenos Aires voyage.