Servicing the State room

blade3

Not our recent exerience. We just finished a TA this Nov on the Edge and our room steward cleaned the SR in the morning, and then stepped in early eve and did a clean up check. Done this every day. Same on our July Alaska cruise on Solstice, and Nov ‘21 on the Apex. 

Den

16 minutes ago, blade3 said:

Is the latest trend for the state room attendant to only service the room one time a day? That's fine by me, they work so hard, but would like to know what to expect on our January cruise.

Where did you hear that Celebrity is only doing once a day cabin servicing? Definitely not the case. Carnival, yes. 

Currently we are on the Reflection.   Prior to the departure date i received an email from Celebrity saying we could opt for one full service of the room and one check in the evening instead of two full services.  If we went with the one + check we would get extra cruise points.  We opted in.    When i met our stateroom attendant i mentioned it to him and he acted confused and didnt know what i was talking about.  I explained we would be happy with the bed made and room cleaned in the morning and just a check in the evening for towel replacement.   Told him there was no need for bed turn down service.  
so far he has done a complete service of the room twice daily and left chocolates on the pillows and tonight placed fresh flowers in the room.

i am content to let him continue servicing my room the way he sees best.

Edited by retird
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, retird said:

When i met our stateroom attendant i mentioned it to him and he acted confused and didnt know what i was talking about.

We had the same experience with 'Go Green' last year...

It appears that the staff onboard fear the reduced cabin service will result in reduced additional tipping, so they are reluctant to take that risk...

6 hours ago, blade3 said:

Is the latest trend for the state room attendant to only service the room one time a day? That's fine by me, they work so hard, but would like to know what to expect on our January cruise.

On all the cruises I've done on Celebrity (including the latest on the Millennium earlier this month), cabin service has been offered twice a day.

3 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Celebrity policy is to service the room twice a day unless you opt into the “go green program “and then it would be once a day but that is your choice.

I didn't hear anything about this on my cruise this month - nothing in the newsletter, nothing on the VOD, no flyers, no announcements, and my cabin steward was silent on this.  I could have missed any of them, but probably not all.  It would seem if Celebrity corporate staff were serious about implementing this fleetwide and having a decent "take" rate, they would have been a little more aggressive about telling us passengers about it.

5 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Celebrity policy is to service the room twice a day unless you opt into the “go green program “and then it would be once a day but that is your choice.

You still get service twice a day service with Go Green.  I believe it just means they don't do as much cleaning (like vacuuming) in the evening.  We have noticed very little difference when we opted in.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I used the Go Green option on my two recent cruises and absolutely did not notice a difference.  However, I have not seen that option offered on my January cruise.  Maybe it is being discontinued.

Get your booking number and go here for the GoGreen sign up URL: https://mc1wmw0-rflh5n8g9pwr89vxd3c4.pub.sfmc-content.com/fs1s5o251sa

• Like 1

11 hours ago, prmssk said:

You still get service twice a day service with Go Green.  I believe it just means they don't do as much cleaning (like vacuuming) in the evening.  We have noticed very little difference when we opted in.

What one stateroom attendant told me was on the turndown/evening service they don't wipe down anything.  You can still leave wet towels on the floor and they'll replaced with clean ones.

20 hours ago, blade3 said:

I believe only Carnival reduced service as it appears both RCI and NCL still clean twice a day.  Carnival also was the only line to eliminate bacon every other day from the buffet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I used the Go Green option on my two recent cruises and absolutely did not notice a difference.  However, I have not seen that option offered on my January cruise.  Maybe it is being discontinued.

Hi Linda, we received our GoGreen yesterday for our cruise next Mon., so it’s not discontinued.

On 11/29/2022 at 7:29 PM, Jim_Iain said:

The 2 room servicing is important.   In the evening they do the turn down and put a chocolate on your pillow.  LOL    Very important.

I'm looping back to this because I thought a bit about it.  For me, the turndown is the least important because I don't usually leave much of a mess and don't mind wallowing in whatever filth I created.

Here's how I rank the services provided during evening service:

1. The newsletter for the next day - Yes, I've planned everything out based on what I've seen in the schedule on the app.  But I like the extra details the newsletter provides.
  2. The chocolate - I'm a sucker for sugary goodness, and though I've probably had too much dessert an hour or two before, those things get wolfed down in a hurry - usually while reading the newsletter.
  3. The flyer - I like the way they put 4 or more ads on the same page these days.  It saves on paper at the cost of some readability.  Sometimes these ads tell me something I don't know about things I'm interested in.
  4. The turndown
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 7:15 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Get your booking number and go here for the GoGreen sign up URL: https://mc1wmw0-rflh5n8g9pwr89vxd3c4.pub.sfmc-content.com/fs1s5o251sa

Thanks for the link.  Just went there and signed up.  I've noticed absolutely no difference with the Go Green service.  So why not pick up a few extra points and maybe save the cabin attendant a bit of time.

• Like 2