On Azura at the moment

Technoman2

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

It has been widely reported of a global wine shortage, try Google.

Widely reported,  but absolutely no evidence of it in the majority of vintners,  restaurants etc.

World wine production is expected to remain stable in 2022 at about 260 mhl, despite drought and heat waves that record in many regions of the world. 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Widely reported,  but absolutely no evidence of it in the majority of vintners,  restaurants etc.

World wine production is expected to remain stable in 2022 at about 260 mhl, despite drought and heat waves that record in many regions of the world. 

Plenty of wine in the supermarkets. The price is still fairly reasonable, with the 25% discount

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I was going to say that maybe they won't pay the asking price, but they would pas it on to us anyway. So can only be due to their inefficiencies.

If that was the case, they will have lost far more profit by being out of stock, compared to paying an extra 20p per bottle !

As you say, just sheer ineptitude.

46 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If that was the case, they will have lost far more profit by being out of stock, compared to paying an extra 20p per bottle !

As you say, just sheer ineptitude.

Perhaps it isn't out of stock. Just too much bother to go to the store room.

• Like 1

BIG ship

2500 passengers drink 1 bottle every 2 days

7 night cruise - 8750 bottles

14 night cruise - 17500 bottles

Sainsbury sold out of Zinfandel yesterday. Due to pent up snow demand and 25% discount on 6 bottles

Fully restocked this morning.

14 minutes ago, davecttr said:

BIG ship

2500 passengers drink 1 bottle every 2 days

7 night cruise - 8750 bottles

14 night cruise - 17500 bottles

Sainsbury sold out of Zinfandel yesterday. Due to pent up snow demand and 25% discount on 6 bottles

Fully restocked this morning.

So, given the profit on a bottle of wine, P&O will lose well over £250k profit on a 14 day cruise !

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

So, given the profit on a bottle of wine, P&O will lose well over £250k profit on a 14 day cruise !

Not if the punters drink something else instead. We are on Azura in February so will take a few bottles onboard, just to help out. Probably best to take some Bailey's and brandy, just in case.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I bought my first bottle of Bailey's last week. Don't think i could drink a pint of it but a shot is good in coffee. Maybe OK poured over a xmas pud as well.

I only usually buy Baileys over Christmas but I love it on ice cream.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Not if the punters drink something else instead. 

Which they likely will and the cruise lines know that, I don't ever remember not having anything when my preferred choice was not available, bit like going to parties, when it gets to 3 oclock in the morning you have started on the boot polish once the paint stripper has all gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Which they likely will and the cruise lines know that, I don't ever remember not having anything when my preferred choice was not available, bit like going to parties, when it gets to 3 oclock in the morning you have started on the boot polish once the paint stripper has all gone.

I can recommend brasso 😉

• Haha 1

Just arrived in gran canaria after day at sea. Saw jay mcgee comedian last night part of 60s rockin berries he was ok and better than some we have seen. Here is a sample of dinner starters breaded mushroom and calamari fritte. The steak pie with suet was not as good as a hollands pudding and it was chef recommended. With these starters i now order a salad as well. IMG_20221215_185908.thumb.jpg.7c7f6255b7ddb9c54dff3f309f620a8b.jpgIMG_20221215_185908.thumb.jpg.7c7f6255b7ddb9c54dff3f309f620a8b.jpg

IMG_20221217_185826.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Technoman2 said:

Just arrived in gran canaria after day at sea. Saw jay mcgee comedian last night part of 60s rockin berries he was ok and better than some we have seen. Here is a sample of dinner starters breaded mushroom and calamari fritte. The steak pie with suet was not as good as a hollands pudding and it was chef recommended. With these starters i now order a salad as well. IMG_20221215_185908.thumb.jpg.7c7f6255b7ddb9c54dff3f309f620a8b.jpgIMG_20221215_185908.thumb.jpg.7c7f6255b7ddb9c54dff3f309f620a8b.jpg

IMG_20221217_185826.jpg

Gosh, that is a bit minimalist - I would hope they would give you more if you asked…?

• Like 2

On 12/21/2022 at 9:56 AM, Technoman2 said:

IMG_20221217_185826.jpg

Did you order starters from the kids menu.?

• Haha 3