No beach bags

tgg

We boarded Onward today for the 12/12/22 cruise. Ship looks great but the usual beach bags are gone. I don't know if this is a permanent change. Our butler said there are none in any of the cabins. 

1 minute ago, tgg said:

We boarded Onward today for the 12/12/22 cruise. Ship looks great but the usual beach bags are gone. I don't know if this is a permanent change. Our butler said there are none in any of the cabins. 

Disaster!

27 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Maybe I’ll just bring one from home!

That’s what we did brought a bag and two wallets. I think our bag is the cause of the rumour on onward that “some people got and others didn’t” as we saw a couple of other bags along the way. We were often asked where we had got ours and there was of course the conspiracy theory that as the shop was selling larger beach bags the smaller ones would never appear 😂🎂

• Like 1

Same with us....we always travel with at least one Azamara bag in the pocket of our suitcase along with some string to tie the top closed with handles inside, at the grommets. The reason is that they are very handy "in case" I need to check a bag on the way home from wherever having bought too much stuff.  If we get a new one I inevitably give them away to friends. We are in the land of plenty with those.

Regarding the leather key card "case", I always bring those too!  I usually return any new ones to the Customer Relations desk.

Anyway, a "gift" is a nice token, and we've used many times already the Delft Blauw Azamara plate that was given as a souvenir on the Onward inaugural voyage!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JandMinToronto said:

Same with us....we always travel with at least one Azamara bag in the pocket of our suitcase along with some string to tie the top closed with handles inside, at the grommets. The reason is that they are very handy "in case" I need to check a bag on the way home from wherever having bought too much stuff.  If we get a new one I inevitably give them away to friends. We are in the land of plenty with those.

Regarding the leather key card "case", I always bring those too!  I usually return any new ones to the Customer Relations desk.

Anyway, a "gift" is a nice token, and we've used many times already the Delft Blauw Azamara plate that was given as a souvenir on the Onward inaugural voyage!

We do the same by always packing an Azamara bag.  The old style ones were lovely with a leather like handle and full zipper.  I will definitely be bringing ours along next trip.

As I read this, and different threads, where people mention bringing their own tote bag, tonic, and wine, I can't help but wonder at what point to you say Azamara is not providing what you've paid for? Sure a tote bag is easy to tuck into your suitcase; however, drinks not so much.  I know some people believe l it's no be deal to bring these things for yourself.  For me, I feel it undermines the feel of a vacation; I don't want to spend time in port looking for wine (and lugging it back to the ship).  If I choose, and pay for, an all inclusive experience I expect to get it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Well, we all know there's a lawyer who loves to report every cruise disaster.  Maybe totebaggate can be his next class action lawsuit!  Come on, folks – if a missing tote bag ruined your cruise there's something wrong with your priorities.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Well, we all know there's a lawyer who loves to report every cruise disaster.  Maybe totebaggate can be his next class action lawsuit!  Come on, folks – if a missing tote bag ruined your cruise there's something wrong with your priorities.

Finally, the voice if reason.

Exactly what I have been wanting to say since I saw this thread, but was unwilling to do so, because I feared that there would be retaliation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blag said:

Exactly what I have been wanting to say since I saw this thread, but was unwilling to do so, because I feared that there would be retaliation.

2 hours ago, blag said:

Yes, I've struggled to understand the issue and the importance it holds for people and I too was afraid to say anything.  It's worse on FB.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, aussie travel bird said:

Yes, I've struggled to understand the issue and the importance it holds for people and I too was afraid to say anything.  It's worse on FB.

Hear! Hear!

On FB there are those who are inclined to swoop and peck mercilessly (and often abusively) without thinking about the message! Admittedly, though, FB postings seem to be much, much more vacuous than here. You know the sort of thing: 'Just booked Timbuktu to Vladivostok'. Give me strength!

But, it must be said, there are those here on CC that seem to feel that these fora are their private domain!

And, never forget: 'Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely'.

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

There seems to be a point of view that if anything is missing, or not quite right, it’s part of a sinister plot to short-change the loyal customers. It’s not that the tote bags have been ordered, but have not yet arrived, it must be a plot to make us do without. It’s not that the substitute balcony chairs are just that, a substitute, with better ones arriving (probably from China) in future, it’s a plot to use cheaper chairs and save a penny or two. Many posters were unhappy about the lack of hairdryers on the Onward Maiden Voyage. When they turned up, there was no credit given for the fact that they are very nice hair dryers, nicer than mine at home, and nicer than the ones on the other Azamara ships (you don’t have to hold the button down the entire time you use it, a huge plus!) No, they arrived a bit late, so it must be part of a sinister plot.

I spend quite a bit of time on social media suggesting that VShips does not yet have exactly the same resources and infrastructure that RCCL has, and it may take some time to get all the small things (and some larger ones) in place after the one-two punch of Covid plus the change of ownership. I’m willing to be patient for a bit longer and see what happens.

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

As the original poster, I never implied that the cruise was ruined by a missing beach bag. This is a Caribbean cruise and lots of people will be going to the beach. They'll take towels, sunblock, water, and whatever else they might need. A bag would be nice to have, especially if you expect it to be provided. 

• Like 5