Serenade to add laundry facilities

John&LaLa

9 hours ago, kruzerci said:

Hopefully they are going to do an overhaul before the world cruise. I was on a b2b the first two weeks of December and she is in bad shape. She is really tired and neglected looking. 

I was aboard for a 7 nt. cruise 11/5.  Although my cabin/room was in good shape, IMO, public areas looked worn. "tired and neglected" sums it up.

6 hours ago, island lady said:

We just came off B2B two days ago.  Yes, rust...thread bare couches/furniture...mattresses in need of replacement (which I believe they will do) and stained carpets.  

I was in 3568 on a 7 nt. Serenade cruise 11/5.  I thought my outside view cabin was in good condition - but as a first-timer I have/had nothing to compare it to ... other than hotel rooms I've stayed in (and I managed a hotel earlier in my career).  My "Royal King" mattress was firm, which I prefer.  The loveseat/sofa seemed in good condition, carpet appeared well cared for.

Edited by Longford
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 12:31 PM, BND said:

Even most people who work remotely have to go into the office occasionally and a lot require normal working hours which means being up at all hours halfway around the world.  That'll get old really quick.  Doing the work I did and DH and our sons and DIL do, none can work remotely.  I only know a few people who work from home and a couple of them owned their own small business prior to the pandemic.  

90% of the employees in my office ... work remotely.

7 hours ago, island lady said:

We just came off B2B two days ago.  Yes, rust...thread bare couches/furniture...mattresses in need of replacement (which I believe they will do) and stained carpets.  

We must have been shipmates 🙂.  We still had a relaxing time, I was just surprised. Something felt off all week. I expected her to be in better shape than Brilliance and to my surprise it felt a little grungy. I think replacing all the clouded windows and updating the carpet would be a game changer for the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

I do smaller loads here and there, instead of one big "laundry day".  Swimwear gets washed out daily -- I wash and rinse it before my shower, then after my shower I let it drip in the shower stall while I dry off and prep my hair, dress, etc.  Then before I leave for dinner, I roll it in the towel from my shower and walk on it, then hang it on a hanger from the ceiling with a magnetic hook.  

When I have a couple shirts built up, I'll soak them (either overnight or during the daytime) and then do the same process.  

I remember you posting about that before, and when I went looking for something similar, I ended up going in a different direction -- a collapsible fabric bucket (with plastic liner). When rolled up into its case, it's only about the size of a half-liter bottle of soda, so it fits into my over the door shoe organizer.

61UQLwTEIsL._SL1000_.thumb.jpg.24c9ad623a4b13523bdd6784980090f6.jpg

Nice!   Love the collapsible tubs...of all kinds! 🙂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kruzerci said:

We must have been shipmates 🙂.  We still had a relaxing time, I was just surprised. Something felt off all week. I expected her to be in better shape than Brilliance and to my surprise it felt a little grungy. I think replacing all the clouded windows and updating the carpet would be a game changer for the ship. 

I hope they replace that shattered aft window in the Safari Lounge also. 😮 

Yes, we had a good B2B as well.   Always enjoy the Radiance sisters...all four of them.  Our favorite class of ships. 

Carpet in Chops was pretty nasty...assuming that will definitely get replaced.  My couch in our cabin looked like a garage sale reject...don't think the Goodwill would have wanted it either.  😉 

9 hours ago, Longford said:

90% of the employees in my office ... work remotely.

That doesn't mean 90% of all people do.  90% of the people I know personally do not work remotely so there's that.

I'd love to know what these families traveling with 4 or 5 people do that they can afford to do this trip.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Speaking of gadgets to bring with, has anyone tried these hooks to stack shirts in closets? We always run our of room so I'm looking for suggestions.

51bDACG9T7L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Doesn't seem  like it would take the space just as 3 hangers with shirts next to each other.

33 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Speaking of gadgets to bring with, has anyone tried these hooks to stack shirts in closets? We always run our of room so I'm looking for suggestions.

Most closets, especially those on radiance class, have an intermediate bar in the closet so you can hang clothing on the top  and/or bottom rod. 

double hanging space. 
m

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Most closets, especially those on radiance class, have an intermediate bar in the closet so you can hang clothing on the top  and/or bottom rod. 

double hanging space. 
m

Never use them, i find the shirts hit the ground

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BND said:

That doesn't mean 90% of all people do.  90% of the people I know personally do not work remotely so there's that.

I responded to a discussion you chose to leave out of your reply ... to my comments.  No need to be nasty-like. 

3 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I never understood how these are supposed to "save space" other than having more space between the hangers that are on the rod.  You still have the same number of clothing items in the same amount of space.

Where these might be helpful is in coordinating outfits -- putting pants and shirts together as sets so you don't have to go looking for the partner.  But that seems more like a thing for at home where you have many more items to dig through to find a particular article of clothing. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 8:53 AM, Joseph2017China said:

I have never had the desire to do laundry on a cruise.....never

Thanks for sharing.

On a 21+ day cruise in Europe for a US based pax, a normal person would appreciate availability of laundry facility given that ship charges are pretty high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I never understood how these are supposed to "save space" other than having more space between the hangers that are on the rod.  You still have the same number of clothing items in the same amount of space.

Kinda what I thought. I can see that the bottom of the "tier" would have more bulk than the top, which would necessitate the hangers to be further apart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longford said:

I responded to a discussion you chose to leave out of your reply ... to my comments.  No need to be nasty-like. 

Nasty lol?  Because I stated something different than you did?  What exactly is nasty about me stating my experience/reality?    What exactly are you talking about that I left out? I responded to your response to my quote.  Your entire reseponse.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Where these might be helpful is in coordinating outfits -- putting pants and shirts together as sets so you don't have to go looking for the partner.  But that seems more like a thing for at home where you have many more items to dig through to find a particular article of clothing. 

They just spread out the thickness.  So, instead of everything being lined up right next to each other, they are tiered.  It saves some space, but not as much as some think.

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Hangers add a lot more width when they touch each other

13 hours ago, brillohead said:

With hand wash, "Boil and Fry", and dry cleaning as needed.....lets me pack light.   Fellow pax will just have to get used to me wearing the same clothes.  😄 

Now...don't let us talk about my piles of color coordinated flip flops.  😛

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Where are you still finding soda can tabs?  

Did I describe it wrong?  When you open a can of soda, pull the "opener" tab all the way off.  If I wasn't so stupid I could take a photo and attach, but I don't know how on my computer. 

• Haha 1