Persian Garden pass on Solstice - Worth it? Any discount on pre-cruise price?

shuang6

This really depends on you.  I would wait until getting on as the price should be the same to purchase on board.  Personally I used it every day on my last cruise.  I enjoy it in the afternoon, after being in the sun all day to help clean off overall.  I know many dont find it useful or indifferent about the space.  Everyone will have different opinions overall.  But I used it at least once a day and sometimes even two times for the morning wake up on sea days.  

We were recently in Aqua on the Solstice and we could not get near the heated loungers and the hot room was so hot it melted your skin off if you were there more than three minutes.  We were disappointed.  I would not pay extra.  Many were upgraded to Aqua through the move up program with in the week before the cruise and  Aqua was full so that made the Persian Garden overcrowded.

It is ok if in AQ.   Wouldn’t pay extra for it.   

The issue is that it was a AQ perk.  Now that others can purchase a pass and with the addition of AQ suites the place can get very crowded.   On one cruise we went there and all of the loungers were occupied was told to come back 30 minutes later.   We did that and the same people were still there.   I took a picture.   Went back 30 minutes later and still the same.  I showed the attendant at the desk.  She went in and asked for any one that had been there longer to please leave as passengers are waiting.   No one left.   

Went back another day and it was the same.    Out of 7 days we were able to use it once and that was around 6 pm. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Nope. It used to be peaceful and quiet. Once, I was sent in there to wait prior to a massage--the usual waiting room was full--and it was hectic, SRO for the  loungers, folks in robes but no empty lockers to put clothes, all the specialty rooms were full. Crazy. We have a free pass due to suite but no longer even try to visit. Though, $179 pp TOTAL for the week is a deal...

On Solstice for Christmas last week, I went to Persian Gardens once on a sea day.  the heated loungers had one vacant, but I did not use it.  Sauna and steam rooms were empty except for me.  

To me, I would not pay, but it was included in my fare.

good pass price pre cruise if you will use the facility.

we enjoy it when booked in AQ Class.. Def prefer S class PG  ( light, bright..sea views) to E Class rooms...

pet peeves:  those who nap and snore on heated loungers , and  non spa guests  who get into  the Relaxation room and chatter away!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hcat said:

good pass price pre cruise if you will use the facility.

we enjoy it when booked in AQ Class.. Def prefer S class PG  ( light, bright..sea views) to E Class rooms...

pet peeves:  those who nap and snore on heated loungers , and  non spa guests  who get into  the Relaxation room and chatter away!

Have been in Persian once with my Elite discount on a port day. Nothing special.  Heard the thermal suites in E class of ships far superior and people won't go back to Persian gardens after being in the thermal suites.

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Have been in Persian once with my Elite discount on a port day. Nothing special.  Heard the thermal suites in E class of ships far superior and people won't go back to Persian gardens after being in the thermal suites.

Where did you hear that? If anything it's the reverse. The Thermal suites on the E-Class are beautiful but lots of wasted space and wasted rooms. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Where did you hear that? If anything it's the reverse. The Thermal suites on the E-Class are beautiful but lots of wasted space and wasted rooms. 

A couple of people I met on the Edge earlier this year said Persian gardens had  little to offer compared to E class ships. I went to the Thermal suites thinking I could have access with my Elite benefit but they declined saying it was under a separate contract. 

9 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I agree..S Class area PG area is  much nicer and has  better steam and sauna rms.  Salt rm on E  ships is a big wasted  space..unless u are into that.. and sittuig in a swing chair is a recyled idea....

• Like 2

There is a suitable, free sauna in the men's locker room on Solstice. I have the free pass to the Persian Gardens on a port day from Captain's Club but have never actually remembered to use it! I have had folks who had AQ or bought the pass say they felt like they "had to" use it to realize benefit from what they paid for. I prefer being in the sun, but maybe on a TA I'd make good use of it - probably like everyone else! 

On 12/28/2022 at 3:15 AM, shuang6 said:

Hi

We will be sailing on Solstice in April.  New to Persian Garden.  Is the 7-day cruise pass worth it?  The current price is $179/pp for the week.  Have you seen a lower pre-cruise price?  TIA!

Dang!  On our last cruise with celebrity (November,2019), we paid $75 pp. There’s no way I’d pay $179 pp for PG. It’s ok but certainly not worth that price. We will be on Solstice in March and we have Elite perks which include a free visit to PG on a port day. That will be our only visit. I believe you can still buy single visit passes… maybe check that out…

3 hours ago, hcat said:

I agree..S Class area PG area is  much nicer and has  better steam and sauna rms.  Salt rm on E  ships is a big wasted  space..unless u are into that.. and sittuig in a swing chair is a recyled idea....

We don’t like the thermal spa on the E class.  The loungers aren’t as comfortable as those on the S class.   What is the purpose of sitting in a room with a block of salt or a crystal?    We mostly sail in the Caribbean, if I want to sit in a hot humid salty area I will do it on my balcony while listening and watching the waves instead of looking at 4 blank walls.  

The swinging chairs are idiotic.   They don’t swing as they are anchored by a short rope to the floor, plus why would you sit in them?   They aren’t that comfortable and don’t have any view.   Sit in the chair and read?  There is no place to set a water bottle or anything else.  There are better and more comfortable places on the ship.  

More design for look and style instead of function that is designed by Kelly like many other features on the E class.  The common shower tunnel is like walking thru a car wash.   All it needs is a spray of body wash at the entrance, and a spray of lotion plus blowers at the end to dry off.  

The best Persian Garden is on on the Reflection 

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, miched said:

We don’t like the thermal spa on the E class.  The loungers aren’t as comfortable as those on the S class.   What is the purpose of sitting in a room with a block of salt or a crystal?    We mostly sail in the Caribbean, if I want to sit in a hot humid salty area I will do it on my balcony while listening and watching the waves instead of looking at 4 blank walls.  

The swinging chairs are idiotic.   They don’t swing as they are anchored by a short rope to the floor, plus why would you sit in them?   They aren’t that comfortable and don’t have any view.   Sit in the chair and read?  There is no place to set a water bottle or anything else.  There are better and more comfortable places on the ship.  

More design for look and style instead of function that is designed by Kelly like many other features on the E class.  The common shower tunnel is like walking thru a car wash.   All it needs is a spray of body wash at the entrance, and a spray of lotion plus blowers at the end to dry off.  

The best Persian Garden is on on the Reflection 

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I'll be on the Apex for a 15 night TA in April 2023 and with so many sea days was thinking I'd like to try the Thermal suites for a day. Does anyone know the price for a day pass also I'm Elite. Is it even worth it?