Luggage Tags Not Available at this time

Quick question. Trying to print out Luggage Tags for cruise that leaves in 2 days.

As the title says, they are not available at this time. Have I left it too late?  or possibly a system error that will resolve in a few hours? 

Of course today is the only day I can print them as Officeworks will be shut tomorrow & I don’t have a printer at home. 

If I can’t get them printed in time, will I be able to hand write them at OPT? 

1 minute ago, Hot Chilli said:

Quick question. Trying to print out Luggage Tags for cruise that leaves in 2 days.

As the title says, they are not available at this time. Have I left it too late?  or possibly a system error that will resolve in a few hours? 

Of course today is the only day I can print them as Officeworks will be shut tomorrow & I don’t have a printer at home. 

Yes, you can do that.

15 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I have previously arrived at OPT without luggage tags (meetings in Sydney, followed by cruise).

the very amenable luggage collectors had big bundles of tags and wrote them out for me.. of course, precovid.

Me too.  They put them on at the wharf. 

44 minutes ago, Hot Chilli said:

Not everyone has a printer.  They will complete them for you at wharf, so don't worry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hot Chilli said:

I suspect they have been left a bit late. Sometimes they do site updates on the weekends, in the dead of night (US time).

As mentioned, they have assistance at bag drop, and they have a folio of all passengers, so you don't even need to memorise your cabin number. They will fill out tags for you and attach to your bags.

4 hours ago, buchhalm said:

Yes, I kinda hate that print-your-own stuff.

It was always nice to receive a lovely package with tags, booklet, vouchers and whatnot in the mail.

🤷🏻‍♂️😏

Yes I was remembering the excitement of receiving the lovely tour package from the cruise line.  I still have some of mine.  

Cant believe anybody could be bothered to print out luggage tags knowing that the tags supplied by the cruise line at the terminal are so much better and so easy to attach ( adhesive backed ..no staples) As long as you know your name the luggage boys ( sorry , people, there are just as many girls doing it now ) have the manifest and will find your stateroom number no problem

• Like 2

Several years ago we boarded a ship in Southampton which was sailing to Australia so had a lot of international travellers with no easy means of attaching  luggage tags and one handler particularly was not happy with the number of passengers turning up needing to have luggage tags attached.

10 hours ago, valantine80 said:

Several years ago we boarded a ship in Southampton which was sailing to Australia so had a lot of international travellers with no easy means of attaching  luggage tags and one handler particularly was not happy with the number of passengers turning up needing to have luggage tags attached.

Well…Thats what they are paid to do.

Nothing stopping anyone who knows  their name, stateroom number and has a pen from doing it themselves of course, just ask the luggage guys for the tags.

Edited by gbenjo

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Well…Thats what they are paid to do.

Nothing stopping anyone who knows  their name, stateroom number and has a pen from doing it themselves of course, just ask the luggage guys for the tags.

When I board at the end of the boarding period, they are happy to have something to do.  Always friendly, 

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Everyone remembers the 'Good old days' but conveniently forget the bad old days.that were along side of them.

What were the bad old days in cruising?  I loved getting mail from overseas.  I don't like being inundated with emails with regard to my booking.  I had spoken to a helpful lady on line, so just ignored them.  Less experienced cruisers would be worried.  

3 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

I am hoping Auckland cruise terminal has good tags as I am not going to print ones, take tape, scissors and struggle to put them on upon arrival.

Been there, done that and won't do it anymore! 

The tags are supplied by the ship, not the terminal, so, same tags world wide.

17 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

The tags are supplied by the ship, not the terminal, so, same tags world wide.

That interesting. Once I didn’t have tags they just used plain Manila tags and wrote my cabin number on in texta. But that was many many years ago with a guarantee booking.

13 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

That interesting. Once I didn’t have tags they just used plain Manila tags and wrote my cabin number on in texta. But that was many many years ago with a guarantee booking.

Thats what you get for cruising with Princess 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Thats what you get for cruising with Princess 😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah the best check in experiences. To be fair though if my first cruise had been Celebrity they may have been my favourite, unfortunately the very first time I booked a Celebrity cruise the agent managed to sell me one that had been cancelled months earlier, and that didn’t help. Though it did make me start booking direct.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Not that I cruised back then on those ships but what about cramped shared quarters with bunk beds, shared bathrooms down the hall,  the mess hall type fixed dining, etc.

Oh yes, I didn't cruise for 30 years after my cruise in a share six berth bunk beds from Sydney to Perth.  Had a big self contained bathroom though.  

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah the best check in experiences. To be fair though if my first cruise had been Celebrity they may have been my favourite, unfortunately the very first time I booked a Celebrity cruise the agent managed to sell me one that had been cancelled months earlier, and that didn’t help. Though it did make me start booking direct.

Nothing could match that first Celebrity check in could it? 😁

And how is this for a welcome aboard on the Eclipse. All guests get it ….not just the “ spetheil” ones.