Oceanview Cafe dinner service being eliminated?

LMaxwell

7 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Huh. Someone wants to impose a corkage fee for the bottles of wine exempted? I suspect that is a joke.

No, not a joke...but I see that the thread he started yesterday has been removed...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Says the guy who doesn't drink wine but wants to impose a corkage fee on others bringing wine onboard... 

??? Why would you put a 'Like' on my post when you later said I was a 'hater' and were adding me to your blocked list??

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Save your Spiny Lobster from the MDR and add it to your Mac & Cheese!  ☺️

Don't laugh - one of my favorite restaurants in Atlantic City - Dock's Oyster House - has a Lobster Mac and Cheese served in the shell on their Happy Hour/ Bar menu that is to die for.  But they use real LOBSTAH.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

In 2021 we visited a gastropub in Niagara Falls US that was known for their Mac and Cheese, and it was phenomenal and the best I ever had. On that same trip in Niagara Falls Canada at our Hilton Hotel we had a grilled cheese sandwich that was described as an "Adult" version that was as good as the Mac and Cheese. Both used 3 or 4 kinds of gourmet cheeses and added locally smoked bacon and ham.

You are not going get that on a cruise or restaurant, it usually looks like the Kraft stuff 🤮

21 hours ago, Jjg34219 said:

We are booked on Connie for our first X cruise in March. We sure hope OVC is still a good dinner option cause on our last cruise (Viking) we really enjoyed just picking out what we wanted. Looking at the MDR dinner menus on the app, there has been a significant change in menu choices than what I looked at 2 months ago…very lil beef for sure. We sure hope we have made the right choice!

We usually do late traditional dining on X so occasionally stop at OVC for a pre-show snack.  Never dinner.  On our last VO sailing actually dined at the buffet 5 nights.  Food was that good.  Sushi, crab legs, peel & eat shrimp every night plus themed cook to order offerings and much of the mdr menu.  Expecting similar from X, even before the recent changes, will leave you doomed to disappointment.  

18 hours ago, prmssk said:

The MDR menus posted recently (at least the ones I saw) were for an Edge class ship and were incomplete as they left off the page with each dining room's specific options.  These menus are not applicable to the Millennium.  I haven't seen any confirmed changes to the M class MDR menus.  If you want to see current menus, go to your app, click Select a Different Cruise and then at the bottom browse to your ship and one of the most current sailings.

Thank you, very helpful.  I just tried that and see that for an upcoming cruise on Millennium some of the entrees are still there and a few are not (beef wellington for example).  What seems most concerning is what another poster mentioned about apps - mostly soup and salad, guess I'll be having Shrimp cocktail every night!  There were some very interesting apps listed before that I was looking forward to.  Maybe the differences I see are based on where the ship is (Caribbean vs. Alaska)?  

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Does this mean the pork and beans will look like they can right out of a can?😁

So, I Googled Gormet pork and beans, and this is what I got. Not what I want for dinner on a cruise ship!!!

Sweet & Smoky Pork and Beans | McCormick Gourmet

Edited by terrydtx

3 minutes ago, dilbertsdaddy said:

Thank you, very helpful.  I just tried that and see that for an upcoming cruise on Millennium some of the entrees are still there and a few are not (beef wellington for example).  What seems most concerning is what another poster mentioned about apps - mostly soup and salad, guess I'll be having Shrimp cocktail every night!  There were some very interesting apps listed before that I was looking forward to.  Maybe the differences I see are based on where the ship is (Caribbean vs. Alaska)?  

The app isn't always correct. Don't even look at it anymore other than selecting our check in time. We wait until we are on the ship with the menu in our hands before deciding on our selections. 

34 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Perfect. Throw the beans away and eat the pork. 

If I saw slop like that in Luminae, I would be done with Celebrity forever. Bad enough the menu in Luminae has already been downgraded. On the Reflection last August Luminae had no fillet of beef or tenderloin on the first night, subbed with a 5oz sirloin, but I had the Branzino, and it was good. The beef we had the rest of the cruise was not the quality you would expect in Luminae. The traditional lobster roll on embarkation lunch was 75% chopped onions and celery with mayo, it was very hard to find any lobster. I sent it back and asked that some lobster meat be in my roll, and I got the same thing back, so I gave up and settled for the Luminae burger and fries. I wasn't the only complaint about the lobster roll and the beef on the rest of the cruise. One afternoon in Michaels Club we had a very lively discussion with other Retreat passengers about Luminae food quality.

Edited by terrydtx

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If the chief would add onions and bell peppers to the pork and beans, I'd eat it. No matter where it was served. 

Add the onions and peppers plus a lot of bacon and pork belly, then throw out the beans and serve it on a roll with melted Gouda cheese and I would eat it. 😋

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1