2023 Grand World Voyage with The Inside Cabin

The-Inside-Cabin

Here's the latest from The Inside Cabin

2023 World Cruise – The Adventure Begins (Post #1)

By The Inside Cabin on Jan 02, 2023 07:41 am
Click "Show More Posts" to show all the links to the other posts for the 2023 World Cruise

Luggage Forward Feature 1 of 1

Our bags are packed, and we’re ready to go.   Homecoming and Christmas all rolled into one.  We begin our 4th World Cruise for the first time – tomorrow. 

Any cruise is an amazing experience, but a cruise around the world is special, not only for its length, but because of the special and lasting relationships you will enjoy with other passengers, the cruise, and the various ports.  

FRESH EYES

One valuable perspective of any new hire into a company is they will bring their “fresh eyes” and see things that others have overlooked for years.  I have noticed something similar with first-time cruisers.  They will notice many of the amazing features of cruising that many with more cruises will not experience in the same way.  It’s difficult to avoid seeing the cruise through your past experiences, but we will work hard to try and recapture the joy and excitement of our first World Cruise and share that with you.

For the last two years, a small group of fellow cruisers has been meeting over ZOOM about every two weeks to discuss the various ports of our World Cruise.  On my website, you will see a link to the ZOOM replays where we have archived these discussions, and others may find them useful in future cruise planning.  

Packing light has never been something in our vocabulary, and we weren’t going to change our habits for this cruise.  The picture at the top of this post is what we sent early with Luggage Forward, and below is what we arrived with at Fort Lauderdale yesterday.  

Luggage-in-FLL.jpgOn the curb outside arrivals in Fort Lauderdale 

Our pre-cruise hotel is the Residence Inn in Plantation.  It’s an easy walk to the large Broward Mall and Target, and they have a shuttle bus to the Cruise Terminals.  This time we rented a car and will be dropping it off at the cruise port location.  This will be a first for us, and we’ll see how it goes.  

Here are a few highlights of our cruise.  

• 1500 guests (approx)
  • 128 Days – Jan 3rd to May 12th 2023
  • 30 Countries (61 Ports – 7 Overnights)
  • 60 Sea Days
  • 34,353 NM traveled

Take some time to explore my website and you will discover a lot of information about this cruise and copies of all the information we have received from Holland America in preparation for this cruise.  

Here is a 30-minute highlight video along with my First YouTube Short.  I am experimenting with YouTube shorts and may make more depending on the availability of the internet.  

Watch the Video

Watch the Video

The post 2023 World Cruise – The Adventure Begins (Post #1) appeared first on The Inside Cabin - Exploring the world from the inside cabin.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Here's the latest from The Inside Cabin

2023 World Cruise – The Adventure Begins (Post #1)

By The Inside Cabin on Jan 02, 2023 07:41 am
Click "Show More Posts" to show all the links to the other posts for the 2023 World Cruise

Luggage Forward Feature 1 of 1

Our bags are packed, and we’re ready to go.   Homecoming and Christmas all rolled into one.  We begin our 4th World Cruise for the first time – tomorrow. 

Any cruise is an amazing experience, but a cruise around the world is special, not only for its length, but because of the special and lasting relationships you will enjoy with other passengers, the cruise, and the various ports.  

FRESH EYES

One valuable perspective of any new hire into a company is they will bring their “fresh eyes” and see things that others have overlooked for years.  I have noticed something similar with first-time cruisers.  They will notice many of the amazing features of cruising that many with more cruises will not experience in the same way.  It’s difficult to avoid seeing the cruise through your past experiences, but we will work hard to try and recapture the joy and excitement of our first World Cruise and share that with you.

For the last two years, a small group of fellow cruisers has been meeting over ZOOM about every two weeks to discuss the various ports of our World Cruise.  On my website, you will see a link to the ZOOM replays where we have archived these discussions, and others may find them useful in future cruise planning.  

Packing light has never been something in our vocabulary, and we weren’t going to change our habits for this cruise.  The picture at the top of this post is what we sent early with Luggage Forward, and below is what we arrived with at Fort Lauderdale yesterday.  

Luggage-in-FLL.jpgOn the curb outside arrivals in Fort Lauderdale 

Our pre-cruise hotel is the Residence Inn in Plantation.  It’s an easy walk to the large Broward Mall and Target, and they have a shuttle bus to the Cruise Terminals.  This time we rented a car and will be dropping it off at the cruise port location.  This will be a first for us, and we’ll see how it goes.  

Here are a few highlights of our cruise.  

• 1500 guests (approx)
  • 128 Days – Jan 3rd to May 12th 2023
  • 30 Countries (61 Ports – 7 Overnights)
  • 60 Sea Days
  • 34,353 NM traveled

Take some time to explore my website and you will discover a lot of information about this cruise and copies of all the information we have received from Holland America in preparation for this cruise.  

Here is a 30-minute highlight video along with my First YouTube Short.  I am experimenting with YouTube shorts and may make more depending on the availability of the internet.  

Watch the Video

Watch the Video

The post 2023 World Cruise – The Adventure Begins (Post #1) appeared first on The Inside Cabin - Exploring the world from the inside cabin.

Have another wonderful World Cruise!  We look forward to your experiences, opinions, and suggestions.  And, BTW, it is so..... good to see another cruise who is not "traveling light!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How many cases of wine in the Home Depot boxes? I remember 2018 the discussions of how much wine people bought. Of course now at $20 a bottle, it may be less amounts. 

And I remember the passenger that brought 25 suitcases onboard. Thank goodness for Luggage Forward. (Except waiting 8 months to get them home in 2020, but we'll forget that year). 

Hopefully there will be a tribute to Dolly this year. 

Fair winds and following seas Pete. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, REOVA said:

How many cases of wine in the Home Depot boxes? I remember 2018 the discussions of how much wine people bought. Of course now at $20 a bottle, it may be less amounts. 

And I remember the passenger that brought 25 suitcases onboard. Thank goodness for Luggage Forward. (Except waiting 8 months to get them home in 2020, but we'll forget that year). 

Hopefully there will be a tribute to Dolly this year. 

Fair winds and following seas Pete. 

We are having a reunion with all the 2020 alumni in Feb leaving Fremantle.   We will remember Dolly then - among other times...

Zero wine in the HD boxes.....we are 5 star and with the 50 % discount on packages - ($283 for 8 bottles - $140 mariners discount) or about $18 a bottle - not worth it to bring your own unless you really want something they don't carry.

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, retiredyoungLV said:

I can't imagine what is in all those suitcase and boxes? Please enlighten me! I take one suitcase for an up-to 45 day trip.

I have seen people take one roller bag and a back pack for a world cruise.    I have 6 different tuxedo jackets and a box full of special stull for theme nights.   plus other stuff......😀

• Like 7

3 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

It will all fit under the bed -  The suit cases nest and the boxes fold....plus a few trade secrets...

I've seen your magnetic hanging shelves.  Under the bed, eh?  Not in any cabin I've been in.  With the big wooden box that HAL has under the foot of each bed, the room under the bed is seriously reduced for our own use. 

Thank you for writing this blog; enjoy your cruise; bon voyage.

• Thanks 1