ground transportation from FLL to cruise port for sailing in March

i have reserved round trip transportation through RCCL from Fort Lauderdale airport to the cruise port for a sailing on March 20.  American Airlines has changed my outbound flight from Dallas where i don't get in (best case) until close to 1 PM.

i don't know what the cut off for RCCL's transportation is but will find out.

has anyone used a shuttle service from the airport to the cruise port they would recommend?

thanks.

Cathy Berg

10 minutes ago, catmandu73 said:

American Airlines has changed my outbound flight from Dallas where i don't get in (best case) until close to 1 PM.

You might consider getting an earlier flight as a higher priority than a shuttle. Getting in that late you may want to skip waiting for a shuttle and Uber/taxi to port.

• Like 1

you can literally see the port from the airport (assuming you are cruising out of Port Everglades)....Uber/Lyft is super easy and quick with no need to prearrange for pickup...this is my favorite port and airport to leave from for sole proximity each is to each other.

• Like 4

I don't think there's a closer airport to cruise port anywhere, but I would be on the very first morning flight out of Dallas. All it takes is a spring thunderstorm and you are missing the boat. Actually, I would fly in the day before but I understand not everyone can do that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, catmandu73 said:

i have reserved round trip transportation through RCCL from Fort Lauderdale airport to the cruise port for a sailing on March 20.  American Airlines has changed my outbound flight from Dallas where i don't get in (best case) until close to 1 PM.

has anyone used a shuttle service from the airport to the cruise port they would recommend?

thanks.

Cathy Berg

I agree with other posters. Why wait for intermittent and crowded shuttles when a taxi or Uber is so convenient and cheap? You can almost walk to the cruise port from the airport (a slight exaggeration but you get the idea).

16 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I don't think there's a closer airport to cruise port anywhere, but I would be on the very first morning flight out of Dallas. All it takes is a spring thunderstorm and you are missing the boat. Actually, I would fly in the day before but I understand not everyone can do that.

Agree. Except that I wouldn't even fly early on the same day! We always fly in the day before. Too many things can go wrong to upend a nice cruise vacation.

• Like 1

thanks for every person's response.  i was on an early flight (7 AM) when i booked the flights and AA changed the flights dropping that early morning flight.  i may decide to fly in the day before just to be safe.  good to know the airport is so close.

thanks.

Cathy

19 hours ago, catmandu73 said:

thanks.

Cathy Berg

It always helps if you state which cruise port you are going to.

I’ve only cruised out of Port Everglades twice, and had a self parked car and a party of two at those times. This time, we will be a party of 5. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn a few miles from FFL pre cruise, and will need to get back to FFL post cruise to pick up a rental car for a few days to visit friends/family in Orlando. Does anyone know if any of the taxis are vans for larger groups?  I’ve sent a rate request to Jiffy Jeff, but am think that a Lyft/Uber is unlikely due to the size group we have. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, A2Mich said:

I’ve only cruised out of Port Everglades twice, and had a self parked car and a party of two at those times. This time, we will be a party of 5. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn a few miles from FFL pre cruise, and will need to get back to FFL post cruise to pick up a rental car for a few days to visit friends/family in Orlando. Does anyone know if any of the taxis are vans for larger groups?  I’ve sent a rate request to Jiffy Jeff, but am think that a Lyft/Uber is unlikely due to the size group we have. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. Thanks!

Try ridesas.com. Very reliable. If you have 5 or more it’s $13 pp

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 12:25 PM, 2chiefs said:

Agree. Except that I wouldn't even fly early on the same day! We always fly in the day before. Too many things can go wrong to upend a nice cruise vacation.

Yeah 21yrs ago decided Fly to Port day early, my first. Good thing plane got stuck in the Snow. This along with 18 month period had Flight issues inc Electrical(twice), inop Bathrooms, 2 different Flat Tires and a cracked Windshield at 35K ft. Not to mention Delayed Luggage. Lot free Flights or Future Credit from these. Since 2002 have always arrived at least 2days early, most time Drove but since 2012 only Flown..