Suite Laundry Service

schmenge

9 minutes ago, schmenge said:

I recall getting one bag of laundry free when in a suite.  Is that still the case? (Sky Suite on Edge)

Is there any self-service laundry?

Thanks!

Really? We only started getting free bags of laundry (one per person per leg) once we made Elite, regardless of whether or not we were booked in a SS .

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

There is no self-service laundry on any Celebrity ships.  Only upper suites (Royal suite and above) get laundry included in their fare.  An Elite (or higher loyalty level) will get you one (or more) bags free. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, schmenge said:

I recall getting one bag of laundry free when in a suite.  Is that still the case? (Sky Suite on Edge)

Is there any self-service laundry?

Thanks!

Sky Suites don't come with a complementary bag of laundry.

We are Elite and had laundry done on our last cruise. It came back clean, and folded, but all items were wrinkled so much that we couldn't wear them! I guess (in this case) they must have been left in the dryer for an extended period of time! 

DW has taught me well! Never leave the laundry in the dryer! 😂

Only the RS and above suites  as well as Zenith level comes with free laundry.  Due to abuse they have a published limit of 2X but not seen it enforced

As Elite and Above you get 1 bag per person of was and fold -  I believe the limit is 20 items.  

• Thanks 1

We've been booked in sky suites maybe 8 times in the last 4 years and only once on our first B2B cruise in a SS did our butler actually bring my DW's blouses and my polo shirts back on hangers. But then again, we have never asked any of them to do that either. Maybe we should the next time? 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Only the RS and above suites  as well as Zenith level comes with free laundry.  Due to abuse they have a published limit of 2X but not seen it enforced

As Elite and Above you get 1 bag per person of was and fold -  I believe the limit is 20 items.  

Since we are at that Captains Club level which offers free unlimited laundry services it has been some time since I've read the fine print on that Captain's  Club info sheet which is in staterooms upon boarding, but I think Jim has a typo in his  post.   My recollection is that the number of items in the bag is a maximum of 30.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We've been booked in sky suites maybe 8 times in the last 4 years and only once on our first B2B cruise in a SS did our butler actually bring my DW's blouses and my polo shirts back on hangers. But then again, we have never asked any of them to do that either. Maybe we should the next time? 

I had polo shirts and a pair of jeans that I put in the Elite laundry bag come back on a hangar on my last cruise in a Sky suite.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Since we are at that Captains Club level which offers free unlimited laundry services it has been some time since I've read the fine print on that Captain's  Club info sheet which is in staterooms upon boarding, but I think Jim has a typo in his  post.   My recollection is that the number of items in the bag is a maximum of 30.

Thanks for the correction.   It use to be all you could stuff in a bag and I have still seen that offered.    

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

The number of items/bag varies depending on the location of the cruise.  It will be either 20 or 30, but they will specify.

I'm interested to know if free laundry at the Zenith level includes dry cleaning and pressing.  And I certainly hope that the laundry comes back on hangers like suite laundry does.  Can one of the Zs answer this question?

We have did have 1 SS cruise where DHs undershirts were returned on hangers😄.  The one time we sent out a polo shirt we were in a SS and it came back wrinkled and folded so we don’t send those in wash and fold.  

3 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

What’s the Captain’s Club level? Never heard of it. I don’t know how you would ever get 30 items in that little bag unless it’s all socks and underwear.

We are both Elite Plus so we each get two bags per cruise. We do all B2Bs so that allows us to travel with just carryons. Eight bags for 14 days so we send in laundry almost every other day. Since there are no formal nights, we send everything and have never had any problems.

12 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

What’s the Captain’s Club level? Never heard of it. I don’t know how you would ever get 30 items in that little bag unless it’s all socks and underwear.

We are both Elite Plus so we each get two bags per cruise. We do all B2Bs so that allows us to travel with just carryons. Eight bags for 14 days so we send in laundry almost every other day. Since there are no formal nights, we send everything and have never had any problems.

I don’t know how you would ever get 30 items in that little bag unless it’s all socks and underwear.  Rolling is your friend

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The number of items/bag varies depending on the location of the cruise.  It will be either 20 or 30, but they will specify.

I'm interested to know if free laundry at the Zenith level includes dry cleaning and pressing.  And I certainly hope that the laundry comes back on hangers like suite laundry does.  Can one of the Zs answer this question?

Linda -

Yes Zenith laundry also includes Dry Cleaning, Laundry,  Starched Men's Shirts and pressing.

On one cruise I needed my jacket pressed for the first formal night as it was in bad shape.    The butler was new and told me that would not be included for free as it was a same day press request.   I told him I didn't care.      There wasn't a charge.    I wold have gladly paid it.

Our laundry always come back on a combination of hangers -  including pressed t-shirts and jeans on hangers .     They usually have a little basket with tissue paper for your incidentals and socks.   On our last cruise they had this little  linnet fold up with things inside and a gold seal on it.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Linda -

Yes Zenith laundry also includes Dry Cleaning, Laundry,  Starched Men's Shirts and pressing.

On one cruise I needed my jacket pressed for the first formal night as it was in bad shape.    The butler was new and told me that would not be included for free as it was a same day press request.   I told him I didn't care.      There wasn't a charge.    I wold have gladly paid it.

Our laundry always come back on a combination of hangers -  including pressed t-shirts and jeans on hangers .     They usually have a little basket with tissue paper for your incidentals and socks.   On our last cruise they had this little  linnet fold up with things inside and a gold seal on it.

Totally off topic, how are you doing with all the rain and wind?

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

They are speaking of Zenith Level  which we are both members of.

It's one of the few perks that haven't been stripped away form Zenith's.   If you travel in an upper suites as a Zenith you basically are paying for all the "free perks" that we would get if traveling at a lesser class.  

7 minutes ago, Oville said:

Totally off topic, how are you doing with all the rain and wind?

We are doing well -  like normal news stories that they over sensationalize - damage is restricted to small areas. 

I did have a bit of excitement yesterday on my walk.   While on the Steven's Creek Trail (usually a dry creek) the water is running wild.   I heard a scream for help.  I heard screams for help but couldn't see where he was.   Someone had fallen in and had been swept away.    A girl near by called 911 and I climbed to the top of the trail to try to spot him and point the emergency service in as there was a trail head there with access to a street. 

Luckily he as able to grab a branch and pull himself to the bank.   It was scary as there was a 5 foot fence between where we were and he was down about a steep 10 feet from the trail.   Luckily the FD arrived quickly and took care of him.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

26 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Linda -

Glad to hear that as I send many of my things to be dry cleaned.  And I'm not liking the price of suites lately.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

1 minute ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Glad to hear that as I send many of my things to be dry cleaned.

I send somethings out for dry cleaning that I might launder at home to assure not washed in overly hot water.

They have always done a really good job.   I have on occasion had a poor ironing job but when the butler was advised he immediately took it back down and had it done properly.

57 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are doing well -  like normal news stories that they over sensationalize - damage is restricted to small areas. 

I did have a bit of excitement yesterday on my walk.   While on the Steven's Creek Trail (usually a dry creek) the water is running wild.   I heard a scream for help.  I heard screams for help but couldn't see where he was.   Someone had fallen in and had been swept away.    A girl near by called 911 and I climbed to the top of the trail to try to spot him and point the emergency service in as there was a trail head there with access to a street. 

Luckily he as able to grab a branch and pull himself to the bank.   It was scary as there was a 5 foot fence between where we were and he was down about a steep 10 feet from the trail.   Luckily the FD arrived quickly and took care of him.  

Thanks for the update. Walk carefully.

4 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

What’s the Captain’s Club level? Never heard of it. I.....

As has already been explained to you Zenith level Captain's Club members (ie.over 3000 loyalty points) receive free unlimited laundry.  The Z. laundry perk includes wash and dry (clothes returned on hangers), free unlimited pressing and unlimited dry cleaning,  It has been a Zenith  perk since the introduction of the Zenith Captain's Club level.  We use this perk every day or two when on a Celebrity cruise.  Vey handy as we generally do at least B2B cruises, and generally longer series.

• Like 1