​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

6 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Well, I was intending to go to The Crazy Quest last night, but I went back to my room to read after dinner and woke up after Quest was over!  DOH!

Now off to meet John and the gang to go to Nachi Cocum today.

Have fun! I love Nacho Cocum. Food is really good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

get Casita Six

Thanks for that tip, I'm recommending Maya Chan to our party in September...we have first time cruisers with us...good choice?  Nachi of course for Coz and West End for Roatan.  We always liked Mayan Princess for our loungers, we've been there several times, also Bananarama and Tabyana.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 10:49 PM, brillohead said:

Another "it could only happen to Brillo" story:

I have a Kindle Paperwhite (because it's waterproof, so I can read it in the pool or hot tub when I'm cruising) -- it's not a tablet, it doesn't play videos or music or play games, it's JUST an e-reader, black and white.

After my entree was placed on the table, I moved my Kindle from the right side to the left side, because the plate with the roti was on that side now.  As I'm doing so, I feel a tap-tap-tap on my right shoulder, and I look over and it's an older gentleman standing there, and he says, "Can you turn that thing down?  It's playing right into my hearing aids and I can't hear what they're saying to me at my table."  

FYI, did you know that your kindle CAN actually play music and games?  I have a paperwhite.  There ARE games you can get for the Kindle.  I have one that is like a deduction game but can't remember the name of it.  I got that game for the previous paperwhite kindle version.  I had to upgrade because the 3G shut down and I would no longer have accessibility without wi-fi.  Granted, the functionality isn't as good as if you played games on your phone, but you can do it.

You can also download mp3s AND audible books.  If you have an older paperwhite, there's a jack for headphones, but the newer paperwhites actually have bluetooth!!!  In fact, one of the new features is that you can have audible read your book while you have it open as well as continue reading where you left off on audible.

Oh, as i was fiddling with it.  I found out an interesting feature.  You can actually email documents to your kindle.  I sometimes get free books from other websites.  I can send it to my Kindle!!!!  

This guy is probably nuts because if you didn't know your Kindle could do that, it would not accidentally pair to his hearing aid.  It IS a possibility that there maybe interference from your Kindle's signal if you have the LTE/wi-fi activated.  I have some old speakers on my work computer and when its connected and transmitting, I actually do hear the interference in my speakers.

Also on another note, on my last cruise, I had the nightmare of actually leaving my Kindle on the ship.  They actually got it back to me!!!!

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was great.  A different performer played the mom when we watched it in October but I believe the  mom tonight is the regular.  The other was still performing but a different part. They all sing so well. 

When we saw it in April, the performer who played the daughter had a very nasally, whiny-sounding voice. I think that may be why I didn't enjoy it as much as other cruisers seem to. I assume the performer that played the daughter in your performance didn't sound like that?

Thanks for taking us along.  Loved the Roatan pics.  It's our fave port and we always go to West Bay.  Did Bananarama many times but have switched to Infinity.  In fact, we spent a week there last spring.  Roatan is just amazing and yes the coconut shrimp at Beachers is great.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm a regular at Maya Chan, and I always get Casita Six.  

I have always thought a plan would be a useful addition to their website like Cabana Beach, Cozumel has.  Although I know they designate them according to party size so perhaps that is the problem. 

I think they used to have one a long time ago before they expanded and rebuilt the cabanas but I don’t think they change and relocate them so often that it would be a problem.

Edited by c-leg5

I've been sitting here for at least an hour reading y'all's postings.  Great job! We are going on the Allure departing Feb. 12th. and I've made lots of notes from your postings.  Thanks for sharing.

One question, do you know if the Texas Tenors will be entertaining on board in Feb?  I'm not sure where to look for that information on line.    

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, macsails said:

I've been sitting here for at least an hour reading y'all's postings.  Great job! We are going on the Allure departing Feb. 12th. and I've made lots of notes from your postings.  Thanks for sharing.

One question, do you know if the Texas Tenors will be entertaining on board in Feb?  I'm not sure where to look for that information on line.    

Yes!  https://thetexastenors.com/events/the-texas-tenors-charter-cruise/

On their website it lists their concerts included in a charter cruise.  Sometimes entertainment for the charter cruise is only included for those going/paying for the charter cruise.  Other times they perform  for all passengers.  It just depends on their contract with RCL

For Appetizers Sharon got Guacamole, I missed the chips. 

F3_114517.thumb.jpg.6bb0ee03a66490a7547d7793d023a44f.jpg

F2_114449.thumb.jpg.f256c373d94a4f8e5bac48d81be0fcbf.jpg

I got the cheese sticks.  Sooo good. 

F1_114444.thumb.jpg.b203df7ec46c9cab5a810bfdc6788252.jpg

Sharon got a fruit salad.  Good. The ball is lemon sherbet which taste good. 

F4_122025.thumb.jpg.1e099e1dbf3304dd2853c42a0d6b41d0.jpg

For the main Sharon ordered the club sandwich. 

F5_130624.thumb.jpg.7eaa5f514246af996d736de70fca50f4.jpg

And I ordered the grilled Grouper. 

F6_130641.thumb.jpg.926d63bd1ac0f41b228be641d1ef9a65.jpg

The food was real good for us. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

For Appetizers Sharon got Guacamole, I missed the chips. 

F3_114517.thumb.jpg.6bb0ee03a66490a7547d7793d023a44f.jpg

F2_114449.thumb.jpg.f256c373d94a4f8e5bac48d81be0fcbf.jpg

I got the cheese sticks.  Sooo good. 

F1_114444.thumb.jpg.b203df7ec46c9cab5a810bfdc6788252.jpg

Sharon got a fruit salad.  Good. The ball is lemon sherbet which taste good. 

F4_122025.thumb.jpg.1e099e1dbf3304dd2853c42a0d6b41d0.jpg

For the main Sharon ordered the club sandwich. 

F5_130624.thumb.jpg.7eaa5f514246af996d736de70fca50f4.jpg

And I ordered the grilled Grouper. 

F6_130641.thumb.jpg.926d63bd1ac0f41b228be641d1ef9a65.jpg

The food was real good for us. 

Yummm!

Sorry you got rained out.

• Like 1