Princess hung up on me

Leebernie

Doesn't anyone use a TA? You let them deal with holds. And a high volume TA usually has someone directly to call at a cruise line to deal with problems.

I know one (and as a matter of fact it was with Princess) when I was getting different information on the phone and the website, I called our TA. He put me on a three way call with his contact, and I got the right information. He then left us on the phone in case I had any other questions.

• Like 2

We do use an excellent discount cruise agency (and terrific agent) and when weohave an issue we simply send her a short e-mail and let her work her magic with any cruise line (including Princess).  But last week we noticed that we could no longer login to our Princess account/booking.  We asked our cruise agent to make an inquiry and she was told that agents do not have the authority to look into that kind of issue.  I called Princess (twice) only to have long hold times (never got to a real person).  Finally, I used the Princess online chat feature and was immediately #6 in the queue  After about 15 minutes we did get a human through the online chat, and she worked for about 10 minutes to fix the problem (they had somehow added an extra letter to my name).

So folks might try to use the online chat feature...assuming you can even find it on the web site.

Hank

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

What advantages does a Cruise Vacation Planner offer? I've always though they were just another service not worth my time. 

It comes down to choice.  As frequently as we cruise, it is great to have a direct line and email that are responded to, usually within minutes. No hours on hold. Our CVP is one of the good ones and wish I could recommend to you, because from what I've read here, there are ones that are not so professional. He goes the extra mile. There have been issues and was great to get them handled almost immediately. Likewise things like a refare on a price drop.

Now, it could be said that big box stores offer gift cards and online TA's additional discounts, we just like the personal service dealing directly with Princess. Just a preference.

Another thing: While Elites get a day's head start on booking opening cruises, even before that day we get the specific cruises and details. 

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We had two cabins booked with a total of 5 people.  We like early dining, so a few months ago, I booked 5 PM, Skagway dining room, private table for five.  About a week ago, someone decided they would join us and booked a solo cabin.  I called to have them added to our table. I told the person (DMW Navigator) that I did not want to change the time or the dining room, and I just wanted to add one more person. That person ended up messing up our entire weeks worth of reservations. We have one day where three people are in one dining room, and three people are in a different dining room. We have one day where only I have a reservation.  We have one day where only three people have a reservation.  I have made five different phone calls and we still have three messed up days. You can imagine how many hours I have spent on the phone. That’s not what I booked.  It’s a total mess.

This exact thing happened to us on the Discovery last year. We were unable to resolve it pre cruise. We went to our original dining room at our original time on the first evening , told them what had happened and that the Navigator had messed things up. The dining room supervisor assgined us to the same table, same wait staff original time every night. The ship was over 100% full. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

What advantages does a Cruise Vacation Planner offer? I've always though they were just another service not worth my time. 

Quick action, call backs within hours if they happen to be on the phone etc.  They can escalate within the Princess system and get results. When there are cruises that are only run once or twice a year we let ours know we want a particular cabin maybe a month or so before elites can book and they book it the minute it can be done. Plus she is a really nice person

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I like to manage all our travel plans myself. That way, if anything's messed up I know exactly who to blame. I'm sure many people have excellent TAs, but I'm not interested in that. My very excellent CVP handles the things for me that I can't do for myself. She gets me better prices than what's on the website when I ask her to finalize a booking that I put on hold. She cancels cruises for me if I need to do that, and she does that immediately after I send her a simple email requesting it. No need to call the main number and sit on hold.  She managed to get me our second choice cabin for the total eclipse cruise, and the way those cabins were selling on elite day that was no mean feat. I very much appreciate this gal!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, memoak said:

Quick action, call backs within hours if they happen to be on the phone etc.  They can escalate within the Princess system and get results. When there are cruises that are only run once or twice a year we let ours know we want a particular cabin maybe a month or so before elites can book and they book it the minute it can be done. Plus she is a really nice person

I suppose the only reason why we never use one is that we've never had a problem that couldn't be solved with a quick call. 

1 hour ago, tutumomickey said:

This exact thing happened to us on the Discovery last year. We were unable to resolve it pre cruise. We went to our original dining room at our original time on the first evening , told them what had happened and that the Navigator had messed things up. The dining room supervisor assgined us to the same table, same wait staff original time every night. The ship was over 100% full. 

Thank you for letting me know how it turned out for you.  Were you able to get the time that you wanted?

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

23 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

A CVP can’t help with lots of things.  We are having a DMW problem which was caused by Princess (not my CVP).  Guest Relations can’t even get things corrected.  I am so disappointed in the customer service that I have received lately.  Over 20 cruises with Princess and I have never had problems like this.

I feel you I had the same problem on ovation I just wish there service would go back to how it was pre covid.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Until you need to:

1.  Have someone change flight back mid cruise

2. Texted CVP as I got off plane in Florida & noticed that NOW my flight home was impossible.  Had a new flight by the time I reached the luggage carousel

3. Get a refund sped up (texted CVP bc I was due a $34 refund from Sept 2022 cruise. Obtained 100 OBC instead) 

4. 700 canceled flights & I was supposed to arrive in LHR embarkation day / told which airline to RUN DONT WALK TO and made cruise (learned to book a hotel so that won't happen again)

5. Still get "travel group agent OBC"

6. I don't like being on hold. Sorry not my thing

I could go on & on but why bother?

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 1:43 PM, Leebernie said:

I was talking to people on princess last night, they said been on phone so long they couldn't transfer to guest services because now closed. Said call back next day and she left note in file approved to be sent to guest services. Called and waited 3 hours to get person and she said wouldn't let me talk to guest services and she said I couldn't be helped. I said whole experience awful want to speak to supervisor. She said no and hung up on me. I am appalled and want to complain but won't be sent to guest services or supervisor. 

I would suggest you "reboot".  Drop the whole issue and forget it.  THEN, figure out your most important questions...write them down, keep it to the few important ones, and stick to the script when you call.  Try to call at a time when they're less likely to be swamped, maybe early weekdays for example.  Don't even mention that you called before.  Be polite, don't be demanding, and don't ramble on and on with endless questions or "what if's".  If they can't answer something (like, for example, "will I be able to get a 5:30 dining reservation for 7 if I book this cruise?"), don't get mad, just accept that they can't do everything and move on.

I imagine you'll get much better results.

Or, book your cruise online, put on courtesy hold.  Then call them, remembering they are human and they are busy, and discuss any issues or questions before you make your deposit.  Then, if you're not happy, just don't make the deposit and look elsewhere.

Edited by Flyinby
added words for clarity
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Until you need to:

2. Texted CVP as I got off plane in Florida & noticed that NOW my flight home was impossible.  Had a new flight by the time I reached the luggage carousel

3. Get a refund sped up (texted CVP bc I was due a $34 refund from Sept 2022 cruise. Obtained 100 OBC instead) 

4. 700 canceled flights & I was supposed to arrive in LHR embarkation day / told which airline to RUN DONT WALK TO and made cruise (learned to book a hotel so that won't happen again)

You’re able to text your CVP?

57 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

You’re able to text your CVP?

My retired one. That flight text was way WAY back in Dec 2021. I can only email my current one. She responds same day, usually in just a few hours. 

I haven't tried with my new one. Don't need to. Nothing has happened that's SO urgent it has to be handled immediately or within an hour

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 2:13 PM, mom says said:

I edited it out. Had 2 windows going at the same time.  And good luck getting any satisfaction from the customer relations address.

OP could just head for the top - and try jpadgett@princesscruises.com

Had another long time poster here tell me that Mr. Padgett usually didn't seem to answer email to that address. They said he seemed to only answer mail sent to: padgett@HAGroup.com

On 1/28/2023 at 10:55 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This is the first time I have had problems like this in over 20 cruises with them. Which ship will you be on?  It will only take a few minutes to pick up your medallion at the port, so don’t let that stress you out.

Thank you! I was stressing since the couple we are going with are in their eighties and have mobility issues. We will be on the Crown Princess. 

17 minutes ago, homesclcruisers said:

Thank you! I was stressing since the couple we are going with are in their eighties and have mobility issues. We will be on the Crown Princess. 

You’re welcome!  If people in your party have mobility issues, you may want to ask if you can get a wheelchair transport while boarding the ship.

19 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Cruise Vacation Planner, Dine My Way

Cruise Vacation Planner -- person at Princess who can usually better book a cruise than the random rep you get if you just call 1-800-Princess and speak with the first person who answers

Dine My Way - The Princess term for making or not making dinner reservations 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

Until you need to:

We don't normally fly. 

We don't get off the ship- EVER - with a positive balance. 

We drive to our port 99.9% of the time in Florida.

I'm not sure what the credit is but it's sounds interesting. 

I've never had to hold more than a few minutes especially if you call          when they first begin taking calls in the early morning. 

Please do. 

See above. 

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

Until you need to:

I thought CVP's were just there to book cruises for folks that weren't comfortable booking online.  Based on  your experience, it sounds like a CVP operates more like a traditional TA.  Do you know if they're hourly workers or do they work on commission and/or get credit for bookings?   I ask because if I'm working with someone that would make a commission, I always try to circle back to them once I'm ready to book vs just booking on my own.  I know the big box TA's are hourly so it doesn't matter if you speak to TA-A for pricing and then call back and book with TA-B.    

Before booking my cruise I received a marketing email from my CVP that stated something like save an extra $100 plus get OBC if you book through me.  I called to get prices and her prices were higher than what was listed on Princess' website.  She didn't seem interested in finding out 'why', which made me think she was an hourly phone operator.    I booked online to save the extra $, but might have tried working with her if I knew she was working for commission.  

1 hour ago, TN-Mountains said:

Do you know if they're hourly workers or do they work on commission and/or get credit for bookings

According to my now retired CVP they get credit for booking after the cruiser boards. They also get partial credit if they handle a booking that another booked but that one retires. These credits used to work toward covering a future cruise they want to take. That's how a cruise we did together in 2021 was paid for. If they stay long enough then they get a discount on all future cruises & OBC to pass on

I think it covers part of her extra OBCs that she passed onto me listed as "Travel Agent Grp Promotion*"

* had to go find actual language 

Edited by Ombud

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:
13 hours ago, Ombud said:

Until you need to:

We don't normally fly. 

We don't get off the ship- EVER - with a positive balance. 

We drive to our port 99.9% of the time in Florida.

I'm not sure what the credit is but it's sounds interesting. 

I've never had to hold more than a few minutes especially if you call          when they first begin taking calls in the early morning. 

Please do. 

See above. 

You're more talented than me. I can't drive to London, Rome, Australia, Japan and not old enough to just sail from SF. 

FWIW age is a state of mind not a number. My mom flew solo to Brussels at 89 for a month through Europe. Texted me from the airport to let me know. She was never old

Edited by Ombud
  • Haha 1