Destination Fee

peribit

3 minutes ago, oakridger said:

So what does the "destination fee" represent separate from the cruise fare, taxes and port fees?

~Nancy

This is from Roland4 on a separate thread:

The contract on the Crystal website says :"“Destination Fees” mean the fees, charges, tolls and taxes imposed on Carrier by governmental or quasi-governmental authorities as well as third party fees and charges arising from a ship’s presence in a harbor or port."  Sounds like the old "port tax" to me.  

These are what Old Crystal called the "Port, Security and Handling Fees". The other luxe lines for the most part just bury them in the pricing (though they provide TAs with the breakdown as they are not commissionable), but they are there. I am just happy to hear that "Destination Fee" does not equal "Resort Fee"! That would seriously annoy me!

Edited 3 hours ago by Roland4

@skybluewatersThank you for responding.  I was reading the other thread with this definition while you were typing your response!!!  There's so much activity now that it's hard to read fast enough!

As Roland4 said, I'm glad it's not a "Resort Fee".  Those are just absolutely ridiculous and annoying!

~Nancy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oakridger said:

@skybluewatersThank you for responding.  I was reading the other thread with this definition while you were typing your response!!!  There's so much activity now that it's hard to read fast enough!

As Roland4 said, I'm glad it's not a "Resort Fee".  Those are just absolutely ridiculous and annoying!

~Nancy

Thankfully they don't call it a cover charge

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Anyone else find it interesting that those governmental taxes and fees are a constant $700 for all the itineraries?

Price fixing by ports?

I think you know the answer and the port fees aren't it!! 😱🤓🙄

Patty

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Anyone else find it interesting that those governmental taxes and fees are a constant $700 for all the itineraries?

The destination fees for one of my bookings are well in excess of $700 and are not a multiple of $700 - mind you mine is in A$ - but it’s nothing like US$700 converted to A$

So I guess that’s that theory debunked

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 12:44 PM, FlyerTalker said:

Price fixing by ports?

These fees do vary, we have $2000 destinations fee on a 30 day voyage 

2 hours ago, CruisePfan said:

Definitely varies by itinerary.  The destination fees for the world cruise are $10,300 for 142 days.

At the risk of repeating myself, these fees were previoudly known as the "Port, Security and Handling Fees" under the Old Crystal. The only difference is "Old Crystal" reported them separately, while "New Crystal", like most lines these days, buries them in the published fare. They are not something new. They do, however, split them out on the TA version of the invoice as they are not commissionable, so they may very well show up as a seperate item on the invoice from your TA.

Edited by Roland4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Roland4 said:

At the risk of repeating myself, these fees were previoudly known as the "Port, Security and Handling Fees" under the Old Crystal. The only difference is "Old Crystal" reported them separately, while "New Crystal", like most lines these days, buries them in the published fare. They are not something new. They do, however, split them out on the TA version of the invoice as they are not commissionable, so they may very well show up as a seperate item on the invoice from your TA.

Thank you. It is not very clear yet for me so excuse me for asking for clarification.
In other cruise lines several times, we as guests, get two categories in the invoice: one called NFC (non commissionable fee) and another called “Taxes and port fees”. Now which ones of those are the  “Destination fees” that the new Crystal is listing and who gets them? The ports get them in addition to the port fees? 
Ivi

4 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Thank you. It is not very clear yet for me so excuse me for asking for clarification.
In other cruise lines several times, we as guests, get two categories in the invoice: one called NFC (non commissionable fee) and another called “Taxes and port fees”. Now which ones of those are the  “Destination fees” that the new Crystal is listing and who gets them? The ports get them in addition to the port fees? 
Ivi

The NCF are the Port Charges portion of the fare and are non-commissionable, hence NCF/NCCF. The Taxes are the local taxes charged by the various ports. Crystal's Destination Fee appears to be the NCF + Taxes lumped into a single number, the same way they reported the Port, Security & Handling Fees originally. While I have not see a New Crystal invoice as yet, the DF is apparently lumped in with the total Fare, but reported separately on the invoice as an "information item" for TAs. We need to be able to separate this number from the commissionable part of the total in order to "prove" the reported commission amount owing. This is nothing new, just a different way of reporting on the invoice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just to clarify on this subject,

Reading from our confirmed invoice:

The “Cruise Fare” shown on the top portion of our invoice includes the Destination fees.  The amount that was charged for the destination fee is noted on the bottom of the invoice.

On the Crystal website , the cost for a specific cruise listed as “fares from” Do Not include these fees.

The fees vary from cruise to cruise and as of now, are not listed separately on the website.

Hope this helps

38 minutes ago, jet65 said:

Just to clarify on this subject,

Reading from our confirmed invoice:

The “Cruise Fare” shown on the top portion of our invoice includes the Destination fees.  The amount that was charged for the destination fee is noted on the bottom of the invoice.

On the Crystal website , the cost for a specific cruise listed as “fares from” Do Not include these fees.

The fees vary from cruise to cruise and as of now, are not listed separately on the website.

Hope this helps

Not entirely correct. The destination charges are included in the fare shown on the website. The “fares from” shows the lowest cost for that particular cabin but may be higher depending on location and this premium is not shown on the website. Our B2B 19 night cruise was $1100 pp higher due to aquamarine veranda midship 9th deck location. The destination charge was $1200 pp which was included on the website fare. This was before our 5% society discount and 5% B2B discount on the total fare minus the destination charges.

Edited by Jimmycruiser
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jet65 said:

So why when we deduct the destination fee, our cruise fare drops to what is quoted on the website for the Aquamarine suite?

Is it possible that your room premium just happens to equal the destination fee?  🤷🏻‍♂️ That seems a lot more likely than you being the only person that the website isn’t showing the fares inclusive of destination fees.  

Vince

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jet65 said:

So why when we deduct the destination fee, our cruise fare drops to what is quoted on the website for the Aquamarine suite?

Check website again. I just noticed they have now added the up-charge for location to each category. Unfortunately they do not show on the deck plans which cabin is which version so you still have to call Crystal or your TA before choosing especially if you want a tub versus larger shower only.

4 hours ago, Jimmycruiser said:

Check website again. I just noticed they have now added the up-charge for location to each category. Unfortunately they do not show on the deck plans which cabin is which version so you still have to call Crystal or your TA before choosing especially if you want a tub versus larger shower only.

Thank you for your response 

we’re going to look into this!

5 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Is it possible that your room premium just happens to equal the destination fee?  🤷🏻‍♂️ That seems a lot more likely than you being the only person that the website isn’t showing the fares inclusive of destination fees.  

Vince

Thank you Vince.

just checked one invoice and the fees are equal to the up-charge for location.

wish we had know about this sooner.

• Like 1