Is this considered a Norwegian Fiord Itinerary

Hello All,

Boy I hate asking questions like this, but here I am just the same.  We are looking at a 12-night cruise in May 2024 out of Amsterdam.  Its labeled Arctic Cruise and the RCL website gives what I consider a vague description for the following itinerary.   Would this be considered a Norwegian Fiord Cruise, because that is what we really are looking for.  I know there are other lines that do the fiords, but we need to sail with RCL because we had to cancel a 2023 trip and transfer it to one in 2024.

What do you think folks?  Thanks, Bob

Explore Jewel of the Seas
Day 1 - Amsterdam, Netherlands
Day 2 - Cruising
Day 3 - Geiranger, Norway
Day 4 - Cruising
Day 5 - Tromso, Norway
Day 6 - Honningsvag, Norway
Day 7 - Arctic Circle (Cruising), Norway
Day 8 - Alesund, Norway
Day 9 - Flam, Norway
Day 10 - Stavanger, Norway
Day 11 - Kristiansand, Norway
Day 12 - Cruising
Day 13 - Amsterdam, Netherlands

31 minutes ago, onthewater51 said:

Hello All,

Boy I hate asking questions like this, but here I am just the same.  We are looking at a 12-night cruise in May 2024 out of Amsterdam.  Its labeled Arctic Cruise and the RCL website gives what I consider a vague description for the following itinerary.   Would this be considered a Norwegian Fiord Cruise, because that is what we really are looking for.  I know there are other lines that do the fiords, but we need to sail with RCL because we had to cancel a 2023 trip and transfer it to one in 2024.

Day 2 - Cruising
Day 4 - Cruising
Day 5 - Tromso, Norway
Day 8 - Alesund, Norway
Day 9 - Flam, Norway
Day 12 - Cruising

Yes, definitely a Norwegian Fjords cruise. They are calling it arctic circle because many Fjords itineraries don’t go that far north. That it does is a good thing in my opinion but you could do a shorter fjords itinerary that only does fjords. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

ANTHEM JUNE 2024

14th June Friday - 21st June Friday

(7 night Norwegian Fjords)

Day 1 June 14th Fri Southampton

Day 2 June 15th Sat At Sea 

Day 3 June 16th Sun Haugesund

Day 4 June 17th Mon Flam

Day 5 June 18th Tue Molde

Day 6 June 19th Wed Stavanger 

Day 7 June 20th Thur At Sea

Day 8 June 21st Fri Southampton

This is another option for you, that Royal has out there

We booked it specifically for the fjords 

Just throwing out another Royal option around your time frame 

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

31 minutes ago, onthewater51 said:

Hello All,

Day 2 - Cruising
Day 4 - Cruising
Day 5 - Tromso, Norway
Day 8 - Alesund, Norway
Day 9 - Flam, Norway
Day 12 - Cruising

Geiranger is a beautiful fjord... You won't be disappointed with this itinerary.

• Like 1

We booked a 7-night Norwegian Fjord cruise from Southampton on Anthem for July 2024 which includes only four port stops - Stavanger, Flaam, Alesund and Bergen. We'll spend a couple nights in London pre-cruise. I wouldn't have minded a longer itinerary but we'll be going back to Europe in December 2024 and spend two weeks exploring Christmas markets.  

• Like 1

We did the 12 night Arctic Circle on Jewel last Summer. Slightly different itinerary, but it was awesome. Norway is absolutely stunning. As others have said, yes, this does Fjords. Flam and Geiranger are the 2 big main ones. We only saw Flam.

We loved going up to Honnigsvag. I think we were more impressed with the more northern ports than the more southern ones. And while Symphony is probably our favorite ship we've been on, I think this cruise is probably our favorite cruise we've done.

You're going to have an awesome time!

This post has some info and links to more posts I made. In that post, click the first post linked for some pictures I took.

1 hour ago, onthewater51 said:

I just booked it.  If anyone else is looking there were not a lot of cabin choices remaining, at least not in our price/category range.

Thanks for everyone's help.  Like I said, you were better than the phone rep. 

Since this cruise is not until 2024 - many will have booked it as a placeholder. A year from now things will change, and space will open up as people cancel / do not make their final payment.

4 hours ago, onthewater51 said:

Hello All,

Day 2 - Cruising
Day 4 - Cruising
Day 5 - Tromso, Norway
Day 8 - Alesund, Norway
Day 9 - Flam, Norway
Day 12 - Cruising

Is this the May 31st sailing in 2024, if so we have that cruise booked. 🙂 2 days after that one ends we will be sailing out of Barcelona doing a 9 night Western Mediterranean Cruise on Celebrity Equinox which ends in Rome.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Is this the May 31st sailing in 2024, if so we have that cruise booked. 🙂 2 days after that one ends we will be sailing out of Barcelona doing a 9 night Western Mediterranean Cruise on Celebrity Equinox which ends in Rome.

It’s May 30- June 11 2024

Everyone is posting so many positive and exciting info Im really getting excited for this trip. The last European cruise we did was in 2019 to The Greek Isles, also on Jewel, and that was a blast.  My wife and I both feel that’s been our best cruise in 30 years of cruising. I’m starting to think this one may top that. 

Edited by onthewater51
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, onthewater51 said:

It’s May 30- June 11 2024

Everyone is posting so many positive and exciting info Im really getting excited for this trip. The last European cruise we did was in 2019 to The Greek Isles, also on Jewel, and that was a blast.  My wife and I both feel that’s been our best cruise in 30 years of cruising. I’m starting to think this one may top that. 

Correct, I got the day wrong by 1 day..............30th to June 11th, our second cruise starts on June 13th, ends on June 22nd.

4 hours ago, onthewater51 said:

Thanks to both of you. Pompeysailor I appreciate the other cruise option, we just prefer longer cruises, especially since it’s a long way from home anyway 

Charles, thank you. You answered what the RCL phone rep could not 🙂 

Not a lot of fjords in Guatemala.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2