The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday February 9th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Sad afternoon today in Cancun but we had a swimmer ignore the red flags and watched lifeguards apply CPR for a long time to no avail. This happens too often at our local beaches in Florida. If red flags are flying you should not be swimming.

Ignore and you may end up on the ultimate ruined vacation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 15

14 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

National Pizza Day

When I was in graduate school in the 1970s, there was a pizza shop in Bloomington called First National Pizza. It was across the street from the First National Bank.

I put a frozen, dairy-free, cauliflower-crust pizza on my grocery list. Maybe I'll bake it tomorrow.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Sad afternoon today in Cancun but we had a swimmer ignore the red flags and watched lifeguards apply CPR for a long time to no avail. This happens too often at our local beaches in Florida. If red flags are flying you should not be swimming.

Ignore and you may end up on the ultimate ruined vacation. 

We had the Coast guard helicopter come for a rescue off the condo a week or so  ago. With the high surf the swimmer couldn’t make it in to shore.  He was foolish but fortunate. Far too big a risk, IMO. 

• Like 12

Safe travels to everyone. So sad about the swimmer who didn't adhere to the red flag warnings.  The news out of Turkey/Syria is horrific, so many lives lost.

I received my epidural today for my back and praying that it works. My son is feeling better but needs to remain in the hospital until next week and then go home with a port so he can get IV antibiotics. I am glad he is getting better and we are praying the lung abscess only requires more antibiotics and not a surgery.  

Prayers for all those hurting and on our care list.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Good evening all. We had a busy day going routine dental checkups. We ran two errands afterward and got home late. Tomorrow Craig is going to the dermatologist for treatment for a skin cancer on his arm. And I’m taking DM to a hearing aide appointment. So I’ll probably post late again tomorrow. 

About the days. Craig is an avid bath taker and reads or watches TV. We both love pizza and I like to make my own too. 

We were supposed to go to Athens in 2001 but because of a sudden transportation strike we went to Potmos instead. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor, I get seasick and swear by Bonine. I usually take half a tablet am and pm unless it’s a calm area. And I also do what Gerry @ger_77 does and start taking it prior to the cruise, usually the day we fly. I’m going to buy the stuff Jacqui @kazumentioned for my Panama Canal cruise too. Every little bit helps. 

Blessings to all. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

🙏 all in need of healing, comfort or hope. 
🎉 for all celebrating. Life is good. On days that don’t feel like it, answer the question, What’s good right now?  

Tooth ache day?  I spend yesterday afternoon in dentists chair, came home with a freshly made replacement crown. Sore today but glad they can really do these things. 

Pizza with be the superbowl supper. 

Great to hear from Kathi!  🙏 continue. 

Easy does it Roy! 
Easy does it Jacqui!  
And all managing with challenges. Paul. Sarah. Joy. Annie and DH. Others…. My heart and prayers even if I can’t get the names all matched up. 💖

🚢. Smooth cruises, even with challenges!  
🚘. Safe journey Sandi, many thanks for all you’ve juggled for us!  

Love the pix!  

Thanks to you all for your loving care and support. m—

Still no passport for DS.. yet. 🤞needed 2-25! 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Kathi @Scrapnana has updated her blog. https://2022-2023hal.blogspot.com/

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the heads up 👍. Not great news, but it sure sounds like she’s getting good care and has her hopes up.

She is such a lovely person - I pray all goes well and she will be back to cruising again 🙏🏻 

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you SO much for the photos of Meteora!  We went there once on a tour from Volos, Greece on Prinsendam and it was so densely fogged in we couldn't see a thing in front of us.  I would love to go back on a beautiful day like you had.

Now, now - the inside was fantastic and it had started to clear up when we got out.  I actually was glad that if I looked down I didn’t see when we crossed that little bridge (or whatever the right word is.)

I’m not sure if HAL will be stopping there again with the P’dam gone.  It’s a blessing we were on her and got to see what we did.  I found it all amazing.

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

About two weeks ago I received an email from HAL that I could upgrade our September cruise to include HIA.  When I tried to apply it online it said this cruise isn’t eligible.  I emailed my PCC letting her know that we wanted the deal. After over a week she let me know that the powers that be said no.  I sent her the original offer this afternoon and about ten minutes later she called me to say that it could be applied.  It certainly pays to keep the documentation.

Good for you - always save those screen shots.  It’s paid for more than once.

• Like 14

Slept in this morning,  we delivered Meals on Wheels today, complicated instructions to reach a new recipient.    Had lunch before returning home.    Two separate visitors this afternoon.

Sunshine today after a cooler start to the day.  Temperature high was 18 C.

Have been to Athens twice, but not by ship.

@StLouisCruisers  safe travelling, Bon Voyage.

Positive thoughts and best wishes to everyone with health issues

Time to go for a walk.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Babsjo said:

Hi All 

Webcam of the Zuiderdam leaving Sydney now on the world cruise.

The heavens opened yesterday afternoon, but today was hot and sunny here in my lovely home city.

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 6.36.41 pm.png

Stunning picture. Great memories. Smooth sailing for our WCers. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Babsjo said:

Hi All 

Webcam of the Zuiderdam leaving Sydney now on the world cruise.

The heavens opened yesterday afternoon, but today was hot and sunny here in my lovely home city.

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 6.36.41 pm.png

What a gorgeous picture! Thank you for sharing it!

Does anyone see Rich? 👀   🔭

• Like 5
  • Haha 1