blue tooth speakers on the balcony

StormySeas

Would be pretty annoying to listen to someone else's music while trying to relax on the balcony......especially if it was Country and Western. 

We bring a small but mighty bluetooth speaker on every cruise to play in the cabin.......if someone were to play their music obnoxiously loud outside I'd counter with  some Cocomelon songs.....pretty sure they'd get the point pretty fast. 

Edited by Mapleleafforever
spelling
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Cruise lines have many rules......they have nothing to do with your "rights". 

Wow, you really do miss the point.  BTW, not just the US has these "rights" you do realize, I hope.

• Like 4

On the Allure in October, we had a guy 2 cabins down that one day decided to play the most god awful rap on his balcony - it was loud.  I called and reported it and someone must have contacted him because it stopped for a while and then it started back up, so I called again to complain and they were surprised he had turned it back on. We went to dinner, so not sure what happened after that, but a few days later it started up again.  Same drill, he would turn it off and then back on.  Finally someone from security came to his room and we could hear the "colorful" conversation  - he was really pissed off that someone had complained - a real AH.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BND said:

Wow, you really do miss the point.  BTW, not just the US has these "rights" you do realize, I hope.

lol sure I'm missing the point. Read your Cruise documents, it may surprise you just how many "rights" you don't have when you step on board. 

Common sense and decency are one thing......don't confuse them with "rights". 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BND said:

Agree - I have the right to enjoy my balcony in peace and there are ways people can listen to music w/o bothering me.

• Like 1

I personally listen to music on my balcony.. Sometimes with headsets.. sometimes with my Speakers.  I try to be considerate of my neighbors and keep it quiet. When I see my neighbors in the hall I let them know if you hear my music please let me know..  Now if you are loud obnoxious on your balcony.. all bets are off.. But my goal is to relax.... and not stress anyone while I'm chillin

• Like 4

13 hours ago, RobInMN said:

This goes for kids and cell phones/tablets too. I'm so tired of parents giving their kids their cell phone or a tablet to keep them entertained and they are watching videos or playing games with the volume on (sometimes loud). Headphones people! Headphones! 

Waiting for a flight last month, there was a man, looked to be in his 60s, listening to his 70s disco music on a tablet without headphones at a loud volume.  He was in a wheelchair parked near the gate and nobody said a thing to him.  When the gate crew would come on the intercom to make an announcement, he would turn it off and then turn it back on. It was louder than the regular music they play in the gate area.   It isn't just kids or young people with a selfish sense of entitlement.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SNemeth said:

Waiting for a flight last month, there was a man, looked to be in his 60s, listening to his 70s disco music on a tablet without headphones at a loud volume.  He was in a wheelchair parked near the gate and nobody said a thing to him.  When the gate crew would come on the intercom to make an announcement, he would turn it off and then turn it back on. It was louder than the regular music they play in the gate area.   It isn't just kids or young people with a selfish sense of entitlement.  

With kids, it’s the parents that should know better. In the case you describe it’s the individual that’s an a-hole. 

• Like 1

Definitely a class thing.  My pet annoyance is people who bring them on hiking trails in parks.  Nothing worse than wanting to walk in nature, see birds and hear them, and be on the trails with kids carrying a boom box blasting something.  Why hike in nature to hear load music? You wont ever see an animal that way...on second thought maybe they are scared of bears and are trying to scare them off...

Of course Jimmy Buffet is an allowed exception on Mexican Riviera Cruises.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Worn out mailman said:

It's amazing how self involved humanity has become. Why not just enjoy the sound of the cruise? If I opted to listen to my music from home while on my cruise, something would seem wrong to me. 

Boy, I hope I have respectful people around me in my sailing. Same goes for all of you. 

Humanity has not gotten any more self involved. As a species, we've always been a self-involved bunch of A-holes. We just have better technology to express our self-involvedness today. If Adam and Eve had Bluetooth speakers back in that garden, they'd have been blasting something on them, ticking off all the other animals, rather than picking that apple. 😉

Prey for some respectful folks on your cruise but pack some ear plugs! 😁

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Worn out mailman said:

It's amazing how self involved humanity has become. Why not just enjoy the sound of the cruise? If I opted to listen to my music from home while on my cruise, something would seem wrong to me. 

Boy, I hope I have respectful people around me in my sailing. Same goes for all of you. 

Years later I still have awful thoughts about the people in cabin next door that played their taste in music loud enough to detract from our glacier watching on the Ovation.  If it was you, I’m still thinking bad thoughts about you.  Nature and calving sounds are not as important as you or your tinny background noise.  To the rest of you, I apologize for the whine. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

Years later I still have awful thoughts about the people in cabin next door that played their taste in music loud enough to detract from our glacier watching on the Ovation.  If it was you, I’m still thinking bad thoughts about you.  Nature and calving sounds are not as important as you or your tinny background noise.  To the rest of you, I apologize for the whine. 

No, your bitterness is warranted. It's similar to how I feel while snorkeling, when the fish swarm around me expecting to be fed because so many nimrod snorkels were there before me, feeding the fish. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RobInMN said:

This goes for kids and cell phones/tablets too. I'm so tired of parents giving their kids their cell phone or a tablet to keep them entertained and they are watching videos or playing games with the volume on (sometimes loud). Headphones people! Headphones! 

Especially in the MDR. I know you have to keep them occupied, but I have no desire to listen to the music that goes along with their game. It's so annoying. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RobInMN said:

40 minutes ago, cruise1957 said:

Especially in the MDR. I know you have to keep them occupied, but I have no desire to listen to the music that goes along with their game. It's so annoying. 

I'm seeing this a lot more (hearing this a lot more?) on airplanes now these days as well.

• Like 2