looking forward to a suite

StormySeas

5 minutes ago, mafig said:

Is the suite breakfast different than the one in the dining room?  Different or more extensive menu?

The suite breakfast is a subset of the MDR. No burritos, wraps or breakfast bowls like the MDR has.

There's also a light breakfast in the suite lounge, too.

Edited by smokeybandit

1 hour ago, StormySeas said:

we have cruised several times with RC and love it. we are booked in a Grand Suite for the FIRST TIME on Adventure of the seas! I want to take full advantage of any perks and special things we should know. any tips or advice would be appreciated! we leave on 5/4 out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Reserve seating in the theater is on Deck 4 center balcony. I like the location but not everyone shares that opinion.

Forgot to add they release those seats 10 - 15 minutes before showtime.

Edited by Big_G

13 minutes ago, mafig said:

Is the suite breakfast different than the one in the dining room?  Different or more extensive menu?

We loved the one they serve on Norwegian's Haven.  Breakfast and a buffet area too.

Food is similar, but service is way better , besides the menu , waiters normally walk around with danish’s .

Concierge will walk you off the ship at end of the cruise.

normally reserved seats for ice show

reserved lounge chairs by pool

3 hour happy hour 

38 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I've never had a suite breakfast anywhere but Chops, but I know they do let Giovanni have a turn once in a while on some ships.

They’re feeding Pinnacles breakfast in Chops now on most ships and suites in Giovanni’s.  

1 hour ago, mafig said:

We loved the one they serve on Norwegian's Haven.  Breakfast and a buffet area too.

It is nothing like the Haven. 

In fact, we have been disappointed at the suites breakfast and have just gone to the Windjammer buffet for “better” food at times. 

1 hour ago, sft429 said:

Is the Concierge someone you should/need to tip for the help getting off the ship?

It depends what they do for you , just walking you off definitely not. We sometimes keep changing show and dinner reservations, if we have issues and he spends time fixing them yes , going to concierge is a quick way of fixing anything that goes wrong . Several times we tipped nothing, most a hundred. We were told some excursion was sold out , he got us reservations.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dwHokie said:

Will they allow you to take a drink from the suite lounge to dinner?  I thought I read somewhere they had to be consumed in the lounge.

The flyer says it has to be consumed in the lounge, but every single time we were allowed to order a drink and take it to dinner. After dinner we stopped back at the lounge for extra desserts and drinks, and carried out a drink to take to the evening show.

• Like 2

On sea days: Adventure of the Seas has a seating area at the pool reserved for suite guests. Be sure everyone brings their Sea Pass card, sometimes they come around and check to make sure you are allowed to be sitting there, and kick out the people who shouldn't be there. 

On Adventure of the Seas the reserved seating is in the tiered area between the Pool Bar and the Sky Bar, with a great view of the bandstand. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

On sea days: Adventure of the Seas has a seating area at the pool reserved for suite guests. Be sure everyone brings their Sea Pass card, sometimes they come around and check to make sure you are allowed to be sitting there, and kick out the people who shouldn't be there. 

On Adventure of the Seas the reserved seating is in the tiered area between the Pool Bar and the Sky Bar, with a great view of the bandstand. 

Totally love pool seating on this class, some classes have none , oasis class is not close to pool . Freedom class and voyager class have the good seating.

• Like 3

I will second (third? fourth?) breakfast in the restaurant.  While I didn't think the food was significantly better than Windjammer (and definitely less variety) it was very nice to not have to deal with the madhouse at WJ.  The one morning I tried to eat at WJ I couldn't find a table so I gave up and went back to the suite breakfast at Chops.

Also, don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but you can have MDR food served in your room.  The first night I had my entire dinner delivered to my room and had it out on my balcony.  It was a lovely experience.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SG65CB said:

The flyer says it has to be consumed in the lounge, but every single time we were allowed to order a drink and take it to dinner. After dinner we stopped back at the lounge for extra desserts and drinks, and carried out a drink to take to the evening show.

None of the concierges enforce this because they know it's bad for business.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

None of the concierges enforce this because they know it's bad for business.

I don’t think I ever left the suite lounge without a drink in my hand , on last cruise on several occasions concierge opened the door for me . 

• Like 3

No fee for room service. Nice to have breakfast magically appear and laid out on the balcony table, or order a pizza anytime. 

We enjoyed the in-suite espresso machine, we asked the suite attendant for regular sized coffee cups, if you keep pressing the button, you end up with something more like American coffee. The cappuccino in the suite lounge was good. 

The balcony is large, we brought a hammock, really nice for reading or drowsing. 

I think you get one-time complimentary pressing of your formal garments. 

Suite attendants are the best, just ask for anything you want....I asked for a flatter pillow, I swear it felt just like my pillow at home. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I love this perk, but, it's been hit or miss.  Especially on the last day.  My wife has basically given up and only goes because I want to.

What do you mean hit or miss?  Did they screw up the eggs or were they too busy?

19 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

A little of both, but mainly the crowd.  It's not just suite guests who have access to the breakfast.

I don't have too many anecdotes about people watching in Chops, but I do remember a guy complaining about the doneness of bacon. It was rather amusing.