Where's the beef 2.0? In the MDR, is Beef Wellington, Prime Rib and Ribeye all gone for 2023???

NutsAboutGolf

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Seems like they’re getting more aggressive with the dynamic pricing model.  Start initial pricing high and progressively lower the pricing if occupancy isn’t where it needs to be.  Currently X is actively pricing the Mexican Rivera sailings at “fire sail” levels

The other sneaky thing Celebrity has done for more revenue is taking about 40% of the Sky Suites and redesignating them "Aqua Sky Suites" and pricing them within a few hundred dollars of a Celebrity Suite. I have not been able to see the added value of an Aqua SS for the price they want over a standard SS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The other sneaky thing Celebrity has done for more revenue is taking about 40% of the Sky Suites and redesignating them "Aqua Sky Suites" and pricing them within a few hundred dollars of a Celebrity Suite. I have not been able to see the added value of an Aqua SS for the price they want over a standard SS.

Sneaky 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It sounds like smart marketing 

if you are silly enough to book AQU they probably enough people to book a suite in AQU 😉🤣

On 2/19/2023 at 4:43 AM, terrydtx said:

Last August our travel group of 4 sailed on the Reflection from Rome in Sky Suites followed by a cruise on the HAL Oosterdam from Venice in Signature suites. After the cruise the 4 of us agreed that the food choices and quality in the Oosterdam MDR was overall better than the Reflection Luminae. We had prime rib, beef Wellington and good steaks in the Oosterdam MDR and the HAL Lido Buffet was far superior to the Reflection OVC. We all much preferred the Retreat Suites experience and product over the suites on the Oosterdam. However, after very successful Retreat cruises prior to last year, we were a little disappointed in Celebrity and felt last year Celebrity had lost a step. From all I have read this year, it sounds like Celebrity may have lost another step or two. Going Forward we now have 4 Celebrity, 2 HAL and 1 Oceania future cruises booked. Where Celebrity is probably losing us is in the huge price increases, we are seeing for booking the Retreat on future cruises. In November we are doing our first Pinnacle Class HAL cruise on the Koningsdam and are very much looking forward to the experience of this newest HAL class of ships. Our TA was recently on the Rotterdam and raved about the ship and food over the Celebrity E Class ships. 

In addition the Koningsdam had beautiful, musical instrument  shaped flower arrangements in public spaces- an elegant touch not seen on Celebrity or Princess. (Where have all the ice sculptures gone?) 🙂

28 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

In addition the Koningsdam had beautiful, musical instrument  shaped flower arrangements in public spaces- an elegant touch not seen on Celebrity or Princess. (Where have all the ice sculptures gone?) 🙂

Like If I  care about flowers on the ship or ice sculptures, 🙄😁

make me a good drink , good food, good friends and I am happy 

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Like If I  care about flowers on the ship or ice sculptures, 🙄😁

make me a good drink , good food, good friends and I am happy 

You can have all of that at home.  I love good food, drink snd friends but the beautiful ambience can enhance your experience of being out of the ordinary, daily environment. Just - a nice touch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Yup.  Can't you get a spa pass in any room for like $200?  Personally, I don't understand the Concierge class at all but to each their own

1 hour ago, Belgian fry said:

Just off Equinox. The beef tournedos in the MDR was extremely good. The classic steak, less so. I believe that’s all there was.

I had the beef tournedos on the Reflection last week. I agree it was very good but it was the size of a postage stamp. If I'd known in advance how small it was I would have ordered something to go with it.

6 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yup.  Can't you get a spa pass in any room for like $200?  Personally, I don't understand the Concierge class at all but to each their own

It’s around $300 per person (for 7-day cruise) with 20% mandatory tip.

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2023 at 12:05 PM, jaapie said:

My father is one of 10 children (my grandmother had 10 children in 10 years!). My dad told me that when he was growing up SOS at mealtimes meant "Stretch or Starve". As an adult he was in the air force for a few years so maybe his growing up experiences at mealtimes served him well when he was in the military!

My dad went into the Army and didn't know what lunch was as he never had it when he was growing up.  I made SOS one time when he was visiting using home made biscuits and corned beef and he loved it.

• 5 months later...
On 2/15/2023 at 1:47 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

On the Solstice at least, in the MDR for 2023, no more, Beef Wellington, Prime Rib and Ribeye.  Has anyone on any ship seen these on the menu for sailings that departed in 2023? (NYE sailings were under 2022 rules)

Ribeye here (free):

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2023 at 4:47 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

On the Solstice at least, in the MDR for 2023, no more, Beef Wellington, Prime Rib and Ribeye.  Has anyone on any ship seen these on the menu for sailings that departed in 2023? (NYE sailings were under 2022 rules)

Currently on Solstice (Oct).

Still none of the meats you listed back in Feb.

Embarkation night used to be prime rib at buffet.

Lobster night used to have beef Wellington.

Last lunch day buffet used to be ribeye. (See my other thread where I had free ribeye, last updated in Aug)

IMG_20230927_171954287.jpg

Edited by fstuff1

27 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Last lunch day buffet used to be ribeye. (See my other thread where I had free ribeye, last updated in Aug)

That’s disappointing but thanks for the update 

We were in suite on Eclipse. We dined in the MDR last week for one night. I had 2 Prime Rib dinners. The Chateaubriand for two in Murano was very good. The worst steak I had was a Ribeye in Luminae. The steak was tasteless and like shoe leather to cut. Luminae staff were great as always.

On 2/16/2023 at 12:48 PM, terrydtx said:

They could bring back SOS,was once very popular with the Navy.

That looks delicious and more appealing than the biscuits and sausage with gravy they served. 

I cringe every time I think about it. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 12:37 AM, fstuff1 said:

What night menu is this?  In the app for the current Solstice sailing it showed prime rib on night 1 in MDR.