Where's the beef 2.0? In the MDR, is Beef Wellington, Prime Rib and Ribeye all gone for 2023???

NutsAboutGolf

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

On the Solstice at least, in the MDR for 2023, no more, Beef Wellington, Prime Rib and Ribeye.  Has anyone on any ship seen these on the menu for sailings that departed in 2023? (NYE sailings were under 2022 rules)

Just off the Infinity (1/28 Sailing) for 14 days and none of those showed up on the MDR menu any of the nights. For the last Chic night the meat dish was lamb chops along with the lobster. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rmalbers said:

OP:  That's what I saw on EQ.  The new menus are a lot different.  A lot of pork and fish, even in OV. 

I was on the Eq in late Jan and on Silhouette now.  That is not what I see on menus

12 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

On the Solstice at least, in the MDR for 2023, no more, Beef Wellington, Prime Rib and Ribeye.  Has anyone on any ship seen these on the menu for sailings that departed in 2023? (NYE sailings were under 2022 rules)

Just got off the Beyond last week and didn't see Prime Rib or Ribeye any night in any of the MDR's.  However, as someone mentioned earlier, the Normadie MDR does offer Beef Tenderloin En Croute (pretty similar to Beef Wellington) as one of their signature dishes.  I had it twice and it was good both times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Was on the first 2 sailings of Equinox in Jan.   First sailing we did have Prime Rib late in the sailing.  I don't believe it has been served since.   I'd assume they used up what they had in storage.

There is definitely more pork.  Pork chops on at least 2 menus and the pork and beans disk.  The pork chop I had on the first night (where prime rib is normally), I gave up about 1/2 way through as it was very tough.

52 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Was on the first 2 sailings of Equinox in Jan.   First sailing we did have Prime Rib late in the sailing.  I don't believe it has been served since.   I'd assume they used up what they had in storage.

There is definitely more pork.  Pork chops on at least 2 menus and the pork and beans disk.  The pork chop I had on the first night (where prime rib is normally), I gave up about 1/2 way through as it was very tough.

No beef or pork?  Is it pasta every night?

19 hours ago, rmalbers said:

OP:  That's what I saw on EQ.  The new menus are a lot different.  A lot of pork and fish, even in OV. 

And from menus I have seen the fish is too much Tilapia, which is a low end low cost fish that is some cases comes from China.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Popular in the Army and Marines as well!!!

My dad who was in the Navy for WWII had two things he wouldn't let my mother ever serve, SOS and Navy or Lima Beans. He said he had a lifetime of them in the two years he served in the Navy. I remember seeing SOS served in our dorm cafeteria while I was in college.

My father is one of 10 children (my grandmother had 10 children in 10 years!). My dad told me that when he was growing up SOS at mealtimes meant "Stretch or Starve". As an adult he was in the air force for a few years so maybe his growing up experiences at mealtimes served him well when he was in the military!

Hello,

I will find out for myself what X MDR 2023 menus are like in June this year.

However, and this is probably what makes me different to most of the posters here, when on both X and RCI I would go to the MDR look at the menu and say "Oh no, not steak again!". I want some interesting variety and 57 different ways of serving beef doesn't qualify in my book.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 2

I just looked in the app for our June Equinox cruise and I found no Prime Rib, no beef Wellington and the only steaks were sirloin on the everyday classic menu. No lobster any night but at least the Tilapia and Pork and Beans that had been on the menu a few weeks ago was gone. 

We are in a Sky Suite so we will be able to dine in Luminae, but even those menus have been tweaked some recently. The only lobster is some kind of lobster casserole and the surf and turf is now Scallops and pork belly.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Haha 1