All your P&O dress code comments and queries.

jomf

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm not sure in what universe a football shirt can be considered smart !

Comfortable, relaxed, yes, but smart - never.

Add colourful,usually very good quality & I would say again it is all a matter of opinion,I have had many "wow nice shirt" comments on board.

I know everyone likes a quiz first thing in the morning, so here is a simple multiple choice question for today.  Please note, only one answer is correct. 

Q. You are a middle aged, slightly overweight man, who is going out with his wife. You plan to wear a garish nylon looking football shirt, emblazoned with the name of a shonky online betting company. Where are you going ?

1. A family christening 

2. The theatre 

3. A restaurant for a nice meal and drinks

4. Wetherspoons for an all day breakfast and four pints of cheap lager.

Answer available tomorrow.

• Haha 17

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I know everyone likes a quiz first thing in the morning, so here is a simple multiple choice question for today.  Please note, only one answer is correct. 

Q. You are a middle aged, slightly overweight man, who is going out with his wife. You plan to wear a garish nylon looking football shirt, emblazoned with the name of a shonky online betting company. Where are you going ?

1. A family christening 

2. The theatre 

You missed an answer 

5. To an actual match or to watch a match in a bar which is the only place grown adults should be wearing a football shirt 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mrshorsy said:

You missed an answer 

5. To an actual match or to watch a match in a bar which is the only place grown adults should be wearing a football shirt 

Yes, but giving too many options might have confused the average football shirt wearer !

• Haha 8

27 minutes ago, wowzz said:

1. A family christening 

2. The theatre 

I vote. ' celebration night '.🤣

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, snaefell said:

Add colourful,usually very good quality & I would say again it is all a matter of opinion,I have had many "wow nice shirt" comments on board.

I guess you don't understand the meaning of the word "irony".

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, wowzz said:

1. A family christening 

2. The theatre 

All of them -  and the wife wears the shorts to match his top!  Jane xx

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, mrshorsy said:

You missed an answer 

There is also a sartorial parallel here - baseball caps should only ever be worn in a baseball stadium (IMHO).😉

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, SteveH2508 said:

There is also a sartorial parallel here - baseball caps should only ever be worn in a baseball stadium (IMHO).😉

Now hang on a minute, as a follicly challenged old geezer, I find a baseball cap very useful for avoiding sunstroke, and they look far better than most mens sun hats.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, SteveH2508 said:

Unless you are American because some of our cousins across the pond are born with baseball caps permanently attached to the skull... Not sure if it's genetics that determine which way round they wear them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Now hang on a minute, as a follicly challenged old geezer, I find a baseball cap very useful for avoiding sunstroke, and they look far better than most mens sun hats.

Surely a man of your standing only wears a Panama.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m currently sitting in the atrium on Britannia. People are dressed casually of course. The concept of ‘smart’ is a funny one. As I see it, some people always look smart no matter what they’re wearing. They have good figures, bearing and are well groomed. They would look good wearing a bin bag! And yes, they look smart in football shirts! Just wearing a DJ doesn’t magically make someone look smart. It makes them look older for a start. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

1. A family christening 

2. The theatre 

I always try, and fail, to imagine my late father going out to dinner dressed as Stanley Mathews.:classic_wacko:

• Haha 12