New Princess Premium desserts...

Shippy

2 hours ago, dides said:

An interesting video from Hillary who is on Caribbean Princess and experiencing long lines at Coffee and Cones because of this launch

I watched it earlier. I personally thought that her thoughts were spot on! Completely agree with her, that this is like torture for the crew who have to create these elaborate milkshakes. As she said, it's all really very unnecessary as princess is just awfully very kind feeling like they need to justify raising the prices when inflation is just going up everywhere. That Princess also is still way more affordable with these package deals compared to all these other cruise lines. I applaud her for a job well done on this video.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I watched it earlier. I personally thought that her thoughts were spot on! Completely agree with her, that this is like torture for the crew who have to create these elaborate milkshakes. As she said, it's all really very unnecessary as princess is just awfully very kind feeling like they need to justify raising the prices when inflation is just going up everywhere. That Princess also is still way more affordable with these package deals compared to all these other cruise lines. I applaud her for a job well done on this video.

But should she actually even be thinking of eating one of these desserts ?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shippy said:

Interesting video...

She says no demand for this & then complains about all the people waiting in line for it !

Exactly!!

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Nice to see them "in person", but man, could she BE any more melodramatic??

Way over the top...and annoying.

I still look forward to checking them out. 🙂 🥂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 2/28/2023 at 5:43 PM, caribill said:

And where is this juice bar located?

Any idea what used to be at that location?

It's in the buffet - don't think they have taken anything out, it's just a selection of smoothies that can be purchased. Or is included in beverage packs.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

But should she actually even be thinking of eating one of these desserts ?

She didn't want a dessert- just a coffee. That was a major point of her post. If you just want a coffee, you have to wait in the same line as people who want these premium Desserts.

• Like 2

I don't know what I was expecting,  but I thought a premium dessert would be something like a great piece of black forest cake or crepes or chocolate fondue. Something you would order at lunch or dinner. Not a sundae or milkshake. 

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, cjpj said:

I don't know what I was expecting,  but I thought a premium dessert would be something like a great piece of black forest cake or crepes or chocolate fondue. Something you would order at lunch or dinner. Not a sundae or milkshake. 

That would a very welcome surprise and addition!

4 hours ago, cjpj said:

Someone posted a photo of multi-tiered cakes earlier in this thread and said they were part of the Premium Desserts (check previous pages). Looked like there was a black forest cake, a red velvet cake and a chocolate cake. 

4 hours ago, cjpj said:

She didn't want a dessert- just a coffee. That was a major point of her post. If you just want a coffee, you have to wait in the same line as people who want these premium Desserts.

I understand that point and sympathize...to a degree. (A small degree at that.)  If all you want is a cup of coffee and you choose to get in a line with 22 people in front of you at an ice cream stand, you get what you deserve.  There are plenty of other places on the ship that serve coffee that don't also make time-sucking dessert circuses that one can (and should) go to.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, cjpj said:

not what I got from it. It's an opinion piece. She wanted one but she didn't have the proper package. What I got, is she thinks it's over the top from princess and she believes princess is using this particular feature to "justify price increase"  apparently we are living in clown world. She could have found people who got one and interviewed them .

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, HikaruTsuki said:

Someone posted a photo of multi-tiered cakes earlier in this thread and said they were part of the Premium Desserts (check previous pages). Looked like there was a black forest cake, a red velvet cake and a chocolate cake. 

The multi-tiered cakes went with the milkshakes I think. They were too big to stand on the dessert

I love milkshakes so I’ll try one on the next cruise but while they are making it I’ll just ask them to not add all the extra stuff on top. My order will be simple and quick. Raspberry sauce in the bottom of the glass, milkshake and whipped cream on top. And if I want something really decadent I’ll get sprinkles on top of the whipped cream!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, c-boy said:

not what I got from it. It's an opinion piece. She wanted one but she didn't have the proper package.

My impression was she wanted to purchase one, but was unwilling to wait on that line long enough to get it.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2023 at 11:01 AM, cali-croozer said:

This way it's mostly a one and done, and for some people, not even that. 

On 2/28/2023 at 11:09 AM, Jeal said:

The great thing about these desserts is you are not forced to eat them. 

I concur.

While I certainly can relate to the idea of one getting the 'most bang for their buck', I do find it interesting those finding the need to declare that there is no way that they would (or could) eat these things twice a day.

The limit is in place to limit over-consumption/waste.  It is not a challenge offered by Princess for those that gluttonously believe that they need to max out the limit to feel as if they're getting their money's worth.

Much in the way that the alcoholic beverage limit is set at 15 per day.  Anyone consuming 15 alcohol beverages (day after day) has an unhealthy drinking problem, and perhaps they ought to do some serious introspection.

One or two (or even none) for an entire cruise will likely satiate most people's occasional craving for something extravagantly sweet, albeit with a gaudy presentation.

• Like 4

These desserts and fitness classes have no bearing on whether I would get the Plus package, as it works out mathematically for me regardless. I would be lying, however, if I said I won't be trying one or two of these (not per day, that's madness!) during my trip. For research purposes, of course. And all that extra candy can stay behind the counter instead of getting tossed in the bin as soon as I walk away.

• Like 8

Am I the only one about over the judgy judgy with people commenting on how bad people are for utilizing what the cruise line is offering?  

I'm one of those that will drink to excess while cruising.  Why?  Because I can.  I rarely drink in the real world, but when I'm a cruise, I'll get drunk and sober up 3 times in a day.  Why?  Because I can.  I think next time I'll try for 4 times in a day. 

I'm going to order the new desserts and if I like them, I'll get more.  And if I don't like them, I'll order them the way I want them, then I'll order another.  

It's my vacation.  I'll do it how I want.  POOF!  You have no power over me! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/2/2023 at 7:15 AM, cjpj said:

There used to be a longer line just waiting for the milkshakes to be made.  Now it'll take forever to create one of those special desserts. 

I doubt if they'll hire extra crew to take care of that.

40 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

There used to be a longer line just waiting for the milkshakes to be made.  Now it'll take forever to create one of those special desserts. 

I doubt if they'll hire extra crew to take care of that.

Why would it take forever? A couple scoops of ice cream and place a lollipop, cookies, piece of cake. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Why would it take forever? A couple scoops of ice cream and place a lollipop, cookies, piece of cake. 

The extra time is associated with designing the exterior of the glass container.  It's an arts and crafts project with no real upside.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

The extra time is associated with designing the exterior of the glass container.  It's an arts and crafts project with no real upside.

Would it not be possible for the exteriors to be decorated in advance,  and then stored in a fridge until required ? 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Would it not be possible for the exteriors to be decorated in advance,  and then stored in a fridge until required ? 

That only works for the first 10 or 15, or however many the cooling unit can comfortably hold.  But as that inventory gets depleted, someone has to start making more to restock the fridge. As I mentioned in another thread, the Packages that Princess created have placed downward pressure on the labor force and the square footage of the service venues, and there does not seem to have been any consideration of that fact by way of allocating more labor or venue space to fill the growing demand.  Sell more Packages--> get more drink orders.  Get more drink orders--> need more bartenders and bars.  Allow people to order via the app and get their order delivered anywhere on the ship--> need more servers to transport those orders all over the ship.  Introduce new, fancy ice cream concoctions--> need more ice cream scoopers to fill the orders and more ice cream venues for people to go to.  Now, let me know when anyone sees that Princess has increased its workforce or venue space to account for any of this.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I don’t understand all that chocolate and sprinkles on the outside of the glass. Are people supposed to lick it off? It’s just going to melt and make a mess, I think.

I’m looking forward to watching people enjoy them next month. To each their own….