Old Crown and Anchor points missing

E&D2004

We have only cruised on RCL a few times so Crown and Anchor points were not on my radar.  We recently finished a cruise and I noticed that we are very close to Diamond so I looked back.  Our first RCL cruise was in 2008.  It was a 9 night Canadian cruise and we were in a GS.  I assume that means we should have received 18 C&A points, which would move us to Diamond, however the website says we only got 2 points for that cruise.  Is there a way to fix this?  Many thanks. 

Before 2010 Crown and Anchor had the old point system where you earned a cruise point for sailings under 10 days and 2 points for anything over 10.  They would have calculated through some magical formulae all those cruises to match the new format where you earn a cruise point per night of sailing.

4 minutes ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

Have you spoken with Customer Service yet?

I sent an e-mail to C&A.  Before I found the old paperwork that said I was in a GS.  At 1 for 1 points I'd be one shy of Diamond.  

5 minutes ago, Magicat said:

Before 2010 Crown and Anchor had the old point system where you earned a cruise point for sailings under 10 days and 2 points for anything over 10.  They would have calculated through some magical formulae all those cruises to match the new format where you earn a cruise point per night of sailing.

Not sure I understand.  Should they be re-calculating based on the new formula?  

You are not missing any points.  Your total points in all likelihood are correct.  Cruises taken prior to the point conversion in January 2011 still show the old point total but they were converted to the new point system and those points are reflected in your C&A point total.  Look at this thread: 

• Like 1

On the old system, for example, on an average 7 day cruise, you would need 10 cruise or 10 points to become Diamond.  The new system you need 80 points.  So when they converted from old to new there was not a direct link as some people were at a level that they would not have earned on the new system,

1 minute ago, Anton said:

Here's an example:  On January 21, 2011 when the conversion was made I had 13 points showing for my prior cruises but my new point total was 104.

I understand that but my 9/2008 cruise which was 9 nights in a GS is still showing 2 points.  There doesn't appear to have been a conversion.

2 minutes ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

Which is why you need to contact Customer Service. They can sort it out and either correct the problem or give you an explanation of why it is as it is.

I'll call later today and report back

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, E&D2004 said:

I understand that but my 9/2008 cruise which was 9 nights in a GS is still showing 2 points.  There doesn't appear to have been a conversion.

That is correct, 1 pt for a cruise under 12 days, and 1 for a suite. Converted to 14 plus a bonus of a couple points

• Like 1

There formula was posted here:

As stated by others, if you add up all the points shown for the cruises, you should come up with a lower result than shown as your total. This would indicate that they did convert them.

It is good to check though, as my FIL and MIL have been on 3 cruises each. 1 pre-2012, and 2 post 2012. All 7 nights. They both list 1, 7, & 7 for cruise points, but my FIL's total is 22, and my MIL's total is 15. So her's was not converted. I tried to call and ask if they could just have someone look at that and correct it, but even tough I wasn't asking for anything personal or do anything nefarious, just "please ask someone to look into it", the person I talked to refused and said that my MIL would need to call herself. Yeah, good luck with that. I figure we'll just visit the LA on board if she cruises again.

Edited by RobInMN

2 hours ago, E&D2004 said:

We have only cruised on RCL a few times so Crown and Anchor points were not on my radar.  We recently finished a cruise and I noticed that we are very close to Diamond so I looked back.  Our first RCL cruise was in 2008.  It was a 9 night Canadian cruise and we were in a GS.  I assume that means we should have received 18 C&A points, which would move us to Diamond, however the website says we only got 2 points for that cruise.  Is there a way to fix this?  Many thanks. 

2 credits is correct. 
That would have been converted to 15 points. 

Until Jan 1, 2003 it was 1 credit per cruise no matter the stateroom category or length of cruise.

After Jan 1, 2003, an extra credit was given for cruises of 12 days or longer.

After Jan 1, 2004, an extra credit was given for cruises in a JS or better.

Conversion 21.01.11

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Right.  If I add up the points shown for my cruises in the list of past cruises, they total only 45 points.  However, my C&A account actually has 58 points in it according to the header at the top.  One of my oldest cruises shows as only 2 points in the list, but it actually adds 15 points to my total (it was a long cruise).

Edited by MeHeartCruising

1 hour ago, little britain said:

2 credits is correct. 
That would have been converted to 15 points. 

Until Jan 1, 2003 it was 1 credit per cruise no matter the stateroom category or length of cruise.

After Jan 1, 2003, an extra credit was given for cruises of 12 days or longer.

After Jan 1, 2004, an extra credit was given for cruises in a JS or better.

Conversion 21.01.11

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

Great information LB. :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, E&D2004 said:

Actual conversion(math part) does not show on the site. I have 2 Dozen Cruises that Show 1 or 2 points. Long as it shows 1 or 2 points the Conversion was added in your total.  That said I was one the few that actually lost 4 points in the Conversion, even with the extra Fudge ones Royal gave. Nothing can be done about those

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

My cruise bud has at least 20 points missing.  Cruised back in the day with ex, then remarried and all the ones with her ex never showed up. She thinks they got it screwed up with the name change. She never kept any records so she had no proof even though she had dates of the cruises.  After several tries with Corporate, she gave up, they are D+ now anyway.