Solstice Mexican Riviera March 4th-11th...Finally...let the saga...ahem, I mean live review begin!

Georgia_Peaches

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

UBER black was at the curb. We are en route!

Might I be so bold as to recommend a stop at the Martini Bar before venturing forth to your Muster Station and Suite.  Then again, your Butler may already have drinks waiting for you!  Anyway, you certainly deserve one or two before settling down. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

Cruise Critic should pin this thread up front as the best example of a far-flung online travel community working tirelessly together to help someone they would never even recognize. Good luck @Georgia_Peaches

Proves the point that folks don't just come here to complain...

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Is this your driver?

Kyle_Busch.jpg

That reminds me of a time disembarking in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  We we flying on non-rev tickets, and there was a very early flight  (like 8:40 AM) we would get on if we could get to the airport in time.  We did the walk-off, and were probably the first ones to the taxis.  It was a weekend morning so there was very little traffic.  We told the cab driver  we were in a hurry trying to catch the flight.  Well, he took that personally.  We did make the flight, but after the speed of the taxi van through San Juan, the speed of the jet was very disappointing.  🙂

Harris

Denver, CO

• Haha 12

2 hours ago, binro01 said:

I would recommend just hopping a cab out of LAX vs Uber/Lyft because you have to take a bus to the the pickup location. Since you are short on time.

FYI, UberBLACK vehicles at LAX have special clearance to pick passengers up curbside and just outside the luggage carousels. Regular Uber requires the use of a shuttle bus to an offsite location.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

FYI, UberBLACK vehicles at LAX have special clearance to pick passengers up curbside and just outside the luggage carousels. Regular Uber requires the use of a shuttle bus to an offsite location.

This is really good information for the next time I fly into LAX!

Can’t thank you all enough for the support and for cheering us on. 24 hours ago I thought it was a lost cause. Feels so good to be back but I’m honestly convinced that we couldn’t have done it without you!  Cheers!

Now…back to our regularly scheduled program!

• Like 30