Changes to stateroom cleanings

4 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Do people struggle with these issues in hotel rooms? We stayed at a DCV 2 bedroom villa at WDW, I don’t think there was housekeeping for the 6 nights.

If you’re staying at a DVC resort 6 nights they should have done something in your room on day 4, plus they enter the room every day to remove trash and will come in even if you have the extra lock on the door, they have a device to open it.

DVC room are way bigger than ship cabins, so even when you have towels hanging in the bathroom, which we do, they aren’t in the way like in a tiny ship cabin.

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Most stewards change towels that are hanging up anyway.

Not necessarily.  We ask for 4 clean towels each day.  After use, we hang them on the door hooks instead of dropping them on the floor.  The attendant told me he didn't take the hanging ones away because he thought we were "saving the waves."  Duh!

Just now, Wineaux007 said:

Not necessarily.  We ask for 4 clean towels each day.  After use, we hang them on the door hooks instead of dropping them on the floor.  The attendant told me he didn't take the hanging ones away because he thought we were "saving the waves."  Duh!

I said most, not all.

6 hours ago, DntlGal said:

If we took a shower in the morning, our towels along with the ones we used the night before were all piled up on the floor. There was only 2 of us, but cabins with 3-4 people in them good luck dealing with all those wet towels. 

Gosh... at home, I get one clean towel a week until laundry day... and seem to survive. The Homewood Suites we stay in for business only cleans their rooms every 4 days, so we kinda,,, gotta,,, not just throw our dirty laundry on the floor. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Do people struggle with these issues in hotel rooms? We stayed at a DCV 2 bedroom villa at WDW, I don’t think there was housekeeping for the 6 nights.

Are hotel rooms,  150sf with 4 people,  where you tip a steward,  and expect a luxurious experience?  Do they have an ice machine and and an ice bucket?  Are the bathrooms super small and the towels wont dry?  Do you leave and come back to your hotel room 10 times a day?  Do you get free room service at the hotel?  Does the hotel have narrow hallways where putting dishes in them makes it difficult for scooters to negotiate.  And finally did hotels offer this service forever and then stop it?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

Don't ever put your room service trays in the hallway. When it's delivered they specifically ask for you to call room service when you're done and they'll come and get it.

But when.  How about if you bring food to your room.  

Edited by nelblu

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you for the tip. 😀   We will request evening service and will simply leave the magnet on our door until we leave for dinner.   That way we will have wet towels removed from our day time activities and have clean towels for the evening and next day when we shower again.    Problem solved, let's hope that works on our next cruise in 2 weeks.    

Please report back!

• Like 1

Remember that the comedians loved to use the fact that your cabin was always being cleaned saying that the cabin steward magical appeared and removed your wet towel as soon as it hit the floor etc… woke up with melted chocolate on you from the chocolate use to be left on your pillow.

Now the comedians need to come up with new material, perhaps laughing about the piles of wet towels and room service dishes accumulating, having to make your bed or the lack of luxury with a turn down service depending if you have morning or evening service.😛

18 hours ago, DntlGal said:

Our cabin wasn't cleaned till around 2:00.

Needless to say, it's a tripping hazard along with having musty wet towels laying around for 23 hours.

With norovirus on the rise and COVID still around, cleaning the cabins is a must in my opinion.

Wait till the lawsuits start from people tripping,and getting sick from not having their cabins cleaned. 

I remember dealing with my first hardships in life

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, resetjet said:

Are hotel rooms,  150sf with 4 people,  where you tip a steward,  and expect a luxurious experience?  Do they have an ice machine and and an ice bucket?  Are the bathrooms super small and the towels wont dry?  Do you leave and come back to your hotel room 10 times a day?  Do you get free room service at the hotel?  Does the hotel have narrow hallways where putting dishes in them makes it difficult for scooters to negotiate.  And finally did hotels offer this service forever and then stop it?

Lol I definitely don’t expect a luxury experience in a tiny cabin on a main stream cruise line, that DVC villa definitely cost more with no food included and there was a time when daily housekeeping was included. I think I can make it through the day with only once a day cleaning on a cruise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Lol I definitely don’t expect a luxury experience in a tiny cabin on a main stream cruise line, that DVC villa definitely cost more with no food included and there was a time when daily housekeeping was included. I think I can make it through the day with only once a day cleaning on a cruise.

Sure if they remove a couple of dollars from the daily gratuity expense from the stateroom attendant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 3:35 PM, mjkacmom said:

When we check in at a hotel, one of the first things we do is check to see if there is enough soap/shampoo/conditioner, and towels for us to use fresh after each use for two showers a day, for us, that's four bath towels a day.  If not, I call the front desk and ask for enough, if it is late and most of the staff is gone for the night, I might have to go to the front desk to get want I want/need. I'll expect the same on a cruise that I pay up to thousands of dollars for. I hate using the same towel twice without being washed and dried.

• Like 1