How do i look up people from past cruise

• 9 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 3:20 AM, Worldsuperior01 said:

Hello there I'm looking for people I met on a past cruise from years ago.And am trying to look them up to find them.

Years ago? If you didn’t exchange information when you met, you won’t find them. It’s a privacy matter.

You could try and google their name and see if anything looks familiar, or try putting their names in other social media sites.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Worldsuperior01 said:

Is this the only way?

Try any one of a number of people search engines on the internet.  But if you are looking for the cruise line to assist, that won't happen as passenger manifests are not for public record and I highly doubt that they would release any of that information to you.  (Although on our first couple of cruises back in 1992 they did publish a passenger name booklet of those on that ship for the guests.  But that practice ended after that.)

1 hour ago, Worldsuperior01 said:

Is this the only way?

A little depends on how long ago.  In addition to a Cruise Critic roll call you could check social media to see if there was a group created for that cruise.

If you're trying to find someone from a 1990s cruise that you briefly connected with and have something that they may/may not have lost and have created lots of threads here and YouTube videos searching for, I doubt you will find any new answers here.

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2023 at 4:20 AM, Worldsuperior01 said:

Hello there I'm looking for people I met on a past cruise from years ago.And am trying to look them up to find them.

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic (back in March). 

I see you were not on CC to be part of a Roll Call "years ago". Cruise Critic started in 1995; I do not know how soon after Roll Calls started. Wikipedia says CC's main business is (make that WAS) to rate cruiselines every December! Do we still do that???

So whether a Roll Call even existed for your past cruise, we don't know. If you provide more info on the cruise (when and what line/ship), someone might point you in the right direction -- from the goodness of their heart. Your quest is not a function of Cruise Critic.

15 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

... Wikipedia says CC's main business is (make that WAS) to rate cruiselines every December! Do we still do that???...

Yes.

image.png.9431e3280a0ffdbb0a664f379bed5c0b.png

image.thumb.png.f0d4e0cd5d7023f48424ac180ba8d9ba.png

Click here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/editors-picks/ocean/

image.png.6b4fc63be574c435539a9d407b5d3a92.png

image.thumb.png.c60a36ab95f88dfac2c91c69a3443d13.png

Click here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/cruiserschoice_index.cfm?Category=Overall&sort=large

And to everyone reading this thread, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! Make YOUR voice heard. Your honest cruise review will influence next year's Cruisers' Choice award winners and help others choose the right sailing. See How To: Submit a Member Review.

Happy sails to all,

Host Kat

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Host Kat said:

And to everyone reading this thread, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication by Cruise Critic. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! Make YOUR voice heard. Your honest cruise review will influence next year's Cruisers' Choice award winners and help others choose the right sailing. See How To: Submit a Member Review.

Thanks for the answer AND the gentle reminder to review our cruises. Promise I will this year!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

FWIW, if someone I met on a cruise "years ago" tracked me down and contacted me out of the blue I would feel a little creeped out.

I kind of agree with this.... I would be a bit creeped out if it was too long ago.

I also feel that if there was a desire to be in touch after the cruise at all, you would have exchanged contact information at the time.  

I also think that it would be about context... are you single, married, partnered?  Are you contacting a couple a single, same sex, opposite sex?  There could be all kinds of considerations as to what your intent is perceived to be by the person you are contacting.

However, today, if people are on social media, and in the public view, there are so many ways to find them.

Facebook

Twitter (X)

Instagram

LinkedIn

But for these you can spend a lot of time scrolling unless you know first and last name.