World America 2025

Tierun

58 minutes ago, Tierun said:

and made some interesting comments

Indeed very interesting. At least he is totally aware of the clash between American intrusiveness and European invisibility. I hope I will never hear a "How was your day? What did you do in port today in Cozumel?" on MSC, this is just not acceptable behaviour. 

But the part I liked most is this:
Ocean Cay, our private island, is a marine reserve. Most private cruise destinations have waterparks and swimming pools and air-conditioned shopping arcades, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's a lot of fun. But that's not us. ... There's no waterparks, no air-conditioned shopping malls. It's very pristine, white sand beaches, gin clear water, paddleboarding, kayaking, snorkeling, very rich marine life ... 

I really, really want to go there. While Costa Maya was the worst cruise stop I ever have experienced. 

Edited by perakcruiser
  • Like 1

Ocean Cay is beautiful. I also love Coco Cay. Easily appreciated both for what they are.

As far as the service expectations of American cruisers vs. the rest of the world, I’m not bothered either way. I love talking to people at times and sometimes I enjoy being left alone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Its about time. Hope that MSC cruises soon out of the west coast.

That's what I've been hoping to hear as well. Like almost everyone- we love the Caribbean, but we want to go other places than the basic quick Caribbean getaway. The World America sailings are pretty dull.

I'd much rather see MSC sailing from SF, LA, or SD just to give us another option other than FL or NYC.

I also wasn't thrilled about the comedy club on World America. I'm not anti-comedy club, I just don't want MSC to become too "Americanized." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ginger123snaps said:

I heard this ship was coming to Galveston.  Did anyone else hear this?

How did you hear that when it was announced it will sail from Miami? It would most likely bump Seaside, Seashore or Seascape; would be my guess. Galveston is the next homeport for MSC in the US but I doubt it would be World America.

17 hours ago, phissy said:

I was hoping to hear some news regarding MSC moving to West coast .

It would be great if MSC did Alaska cruises. 😁

Their Explora Journeys will cover Alaska....

Edited by mmbcater
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mmbcater said:

Their Explora Journeys will cover Alaska....

I just looked up their destinations….

Alaska may be on back burner..not available (yet)

This is what they have for US West Coast/ Canada

Our US & Canada Pacific Coast & Hawaii

Spread the aloha as you admire the Polynesian people, heritage, culture and cuisine – where only the head-high surf resists the laid-back lifestyle. Immerse in tropical island tranquillity to thrilling adventure and a buzzing nightlife.

20 hours ago, ginger123snaps said:

I heard this ship was coming to Galveston.  Did anyone else hear this?

Miami

Booked already for Sept 2025  out of Miami 

That’s not to say she might go to Galveston after Miami 

I am sure MSC will have plenty going out of TX in the future 

On 3/30/2023 at 8:07 AM, HappyInVan said:

Its about time. Hope that MSC cruises soon out of the west coast.

This is a question I had asked in the Ask the MSC CEO thread. More specifically, I asked if they'd consider sailing out of my hometown of San Diego.

Carnival and to a lesser extent, Princess, used to cruise out of San Diego.  But they've moved their cruise operations to Los Angeles.

While I'm biased, I think it's nearly undeniable that San Diego is a nicer cruise port to sail out of and to visit.  Rather than the L.A. industrial ports, San Diego's port is beautiful.  It's not much more than a mile from the airport and about the same from downtown.  Holland America is the only major cruise line that sails out of San Diego, although we do get some Disney cruises, but that's a different demographic, imo.

San-Diego-cruise-season-940x443.jpg

• Like 2

MSC has supply chain problems in Florida for their food and drink. It is nuts it can 36 hours into a cruise and brands of booze, soda pop and some fresh fruits are already gone. One ship sailing from TX or CA is going to be the 3 stooges supply chain wise for a long time imho.

I'm a fan but MSC has had years to get getter at customer service and I.T. and supply chain.

I'll be on Mera out of NYC soon and i'm going on record predicting the supply chain will be a mess.

1 minute ago, CruiseScrooge said:

MSC has supply chain problems in Florida for their food and drink. It is nuts it can 36 hours into a cruise and brands of booze, soda pop and some fresh fruits are already gone. One ship sailing from TX or CA is going to be the 3 stooges supply chain wise for a long time imho.

I'm a fan but MSC has had years to get getter at customer service and I.T. and supply chain.

I'll be on Mera out of NYC soon and i'm going on record predicting the supply chain will be a mess.

I think the supply chain problem has more to do with the rising costs than with anything else. MSC simply might not be willing to pay the suppliers current prices and will purchase what they can with the allocated money and then not re up until the next planned interval. 

15 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

MSC has more money than God!

Agreed - very deep pockets! 25+ years ago they were basically a non entity. I remember seeing the former Home Lines’ Atlantic in Palma de Mallorca which MSC operated as the ?????. Look at them now! Have to say - given my Italian heritage they make me proud!

7 hours ago, RD64 said:

Agreed - very deep pockets! 25+ years ago they were basically a non entity. I remember seeing the former Home Lines’ Atlantic in Palma de Mallorca which MSC operated as the ?????. Look at them now! Have to say - given my Italian heritage they make me proud!

A 300 year old family company, with over 870 container ships: wow, with the "Big 3" in deep financial trouble, MSC may inherit the market soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...