90 minutes free wifi

mystic51

There should be a set of directions in your cabin that explains how to set up an internet account. When you sign into that account you’ll see a list of options to purchase minutes. Select the choice for your captains club minutes. If you are careful about logging out when you are finished you can save your remaining minutes to use periodically throughout your cruise.

• Like 1

There are instructions in the room or the people in I lounge will set you up if you're not sure how to do it. No, you don't have to use it all at once.  You can use it throughout the cruise till the 90 mins is gone.  Don't forget to sign off each time you use it.

1 minute ago, kathynorth said:

There should be a set of directions in your cabin that explains how to set up an internet account. When you sign into that account you’ll see a list of options to purchase minutes. Select the choice for your captains club minutes. If you are careful about logging out when you are finished you can save your remaining minutes to use periodically throughout your cruise.

do we each have the 90 minutes?  Can I transfer mine to my husband?

Since married individuals typically have the same captains club level then yes you would both get 90 mins. You can’t transfer your minutes to your husband’s account. You would create 2 individual accounts. When his 90 mins run out then he can log into your account and use your 90 minutes.

Edited by kathynorth
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, mystic51 said:

Thank you for the quick responses, much appreciated

when you connect to the ship’s Wi-Fi for the first time with your phone, you will be presented with this screen:

IMG_3165.thumb.png.75943898f5e6684bb19aa859616b869f.png

• Thanks 1

You access the free minutes by creating an account and choose the complimentary minute choice.    The complimentary minutes are on an as used bases so make sure you log out of each session or they will immediately be gobbled up.

BTW the minutes are all Premium Minutes -    Really easy to log on check your mail and then log off.   When i use to use them I would compose my answers offline and then log back on to upload.

• Like 5

Another question that I should already know the answer to…but….if we have both WiFi minutes based upon our Capt Club category and also have WiFi from the All Included, what minutes get used first?

Edited by capsplace

20 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Another question that I should already know the answer to…but….if we have both WiFi minutes based upon our Capt Club category and also have WiFi from the All Included, what minutes get used first?

whichever one you choose first when you first connect to Wi-Fi and set up your account.  This is the menu screen that you get to choose from. The top menu choice in the screenshot is the All Included package with an upgrade to premium purchased before the cruise.  The highlighted choice.is the loyalty based 90 free minutes.

IMG_3165.thumb.png.75943898f5e6684bb19aa

• Like 1

Ditto what Jim said. We download emails then log off. We compose the response and next time we sign in they are sent as we are downloading the new emails.   We do this once a day and have plenty of minutes.   

Don’t use them otherwise as we have no interest being online during the cruise.  

46 minutes ago, capsplace said:

The all-included minutes are slow so use your Captain's Club perk first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mystic51 said:

...  does it have to be used all at once or over the period of of the cruise....

Your question suggests to me that you are Elite on Celebrity due to Diamond status on RCL (or maybe you are new to Elite status)  The free internet is one area in which Celebrity is greatly superior to RCL in terms of loyalty benefits, in my opinion.  The free "24 hour" wifi on RCL is of little value to me. Your free 90 minutes on Celebrity can be stretched to the length of your cruise, as long as you remember to log off after each session. 

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

The all-included minutes are slow so use your Captain's Club perk first.

In fact, you need to use the Captain’s Club minutes first, if you want to use them. If you select the all included minutes first, there is no option to switch to the free minutes. 

• Like 1

Just want to reiterate to LOG OFF after every session - not just quit or turn off wifi. I can't remember exactly the URL that you use to log off but it will be noted clearly on the screen after you've logged on.  I've wasted a lot of minutes by doing it incorrectly! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chardonnay Char said:

Is the wifi time needed to access the Celebrity app to see each day's activities, make reservations, etc?

You can use the Celebrity app without accessing the internet.

2 hours ago, capsplace said:

If you have Wifi with your cabin up to AquaClass you will have unlimited Basic Wifi. Your CC free Wifi will be Premium. If Wifi comes with your suite you will have unlimited Premium.

When I log in to my CC account, the 90 minutes no longer shows as an Elite benefit along with the 30% off. If you click on Show All Tiers (something like that), it's still listed in the chart of all tiers, but it concerns me that it's not listed when all the benefits are line by line where the system recognizes the tier you are on along with the next one. It was listed within the last few weeks when I looked, but it's not there now. Can anyone confirm very recent usage of this benefit?

Edited by DD

18 minutes ago, DD said:

When I log in to my CC account, the 90 minutes no longer shows as an Elite benefit along with the 30% off. If you click on Show All Tiers (something like that), it's still listed in the chart of all tiers, but it concerns me that it's not listed when all the benefits are line by line where the system recognizes the tier you are on along with the next one. It was listed within the last few weeks when I looked, but it's not there now. Can anyone confirm very recent usage of this benefit?

It's been showing up that way for some time now, but you still have the 90 free minute option. 

IMG_6086.thumb.jpeg.394115b8b6db7285c42cc7478a557d12.jpeg

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

If we don't purchase a Wi-Fi package are we still allowed to receive the complimentary 90min of Wi-Fi? This will be our first Celebrity cruise and our status will be elite, thanks to our diamond status with RCCI.

21 minutes ago, hinterlandboyz2 said:

If we don't purchase a Wi-Fi package are we still allowed to receive the complimentary 90min of Wi-Fi?...

Yes.  In my opinion, the internet benefit for Celebrity (90 minutes over the duration of the cruise) is better than the "24 continuous hours" offered by RC. Just remember to log off your internet session to preserve your remaining time.