Mama Mia

Couple of questions about Mama Mia on the Allure of the Seas.   Does anyone have any information as to how long this show will stay on the Allure of the Seas…. Question #2.  The Allure is going back to Port Canaveral early next year.  Will the show still be on the Allure for 3 and 4 night cruises?  I know that is s long way off, but just trying to plan ahead.  Thanks in Advance.

Many, many years.  At least until the next dry dock, but I'm betting it will stay even beyond that.

If they show one of the big shows on the short cruise, it will certainly be Mama Mia.

(the latter, I don't know)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

the oasis has cats since the ship was built in 2009 and it is now 2023, 14 years later

mama mia will be on the allure for many many years

Not exactly. When Oasis came out the Broadway show was Hairspray. Cats came on board when she went to her first dry dock in 2014.  

Allure originally had Chicago when she started in 2010. 

mac_tlc

• Like 6

4 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Not exactly. When Oasis came out the Broadway show was Hairspray. Cats came on board when she went to her first dry dock in 2014.  

Allure originally had Chicago when she started in 2010. 

mac_tlc

You mean Hairspray and Chicago were options and we're stuck with Mama Mia instead?  That's so disappointing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cruiser 5452 said:

Couple of questions about Mama Mia on the Allure of the Seas.   Does anyone have any information as to how long this show will stay on the Allure of the Seas…. Question #2.  The Allure is going back to Port Canaveral early next year.  Will the show still be on the Allure for 3 and 4 night cruises?  I know that is s long way off, but just trying to plan ahead.  Thanks in Advance.

1. Forever

2. Yes

Or, if you prefer.  It's not there now.

Mamma Mia is on there now, and will remain forever.

5 hours ago, gluecksbaer said:

You mean Hairspray and Chicago were options and we're stuck with Mama Mia instead?  That's so disappointing.

You can see Hairspray on Symphony now. 

Chicago lasted 5 years. 

I like Mama Mia over Cats or Grease. Great finale.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 3

I do miss Chicago on Allure. I suppose it’s a less “fun” option but was a great show. I have seen Mana Mia a couple of times (Quantum and Allure) but the rest like Cats were once-was-enough shows for me. 

I definitely sympathize with trying to find a show with broad appeal and manageable cast. 

6 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

So I guess you'll be in line for the Wizard of Oz on the Icon?

Probably not, we live very close to NYC and I’m afraid I am something of a theater snob.  And my tastes run to less mass appeal shows.  Don’t think my favorites would fit the bill.  Spamalot, Aida, Rent, Pippin would be terrific!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucfan2 said:

Choices are simple...book a different ship or skip shows you don't care for.

Yup I skip the Broadway shows on board.  In fact, except for the comedy shows, I skip most of the headliners shows.  On Harmony last year they had a “men of grease” performance and although they had good voices, their material was awful.  Not one song suited the vocal range of its performer.

Edited by poocher

20 minutes ago, poocher said:

On Harmony last year they had a “men of grease” performance and although they had good voices, their material was awful.  Not one song suited the vocal range of its performer.

Ya, we saw that as well...less than impressive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gluecksbaer said:

Apparently, the licensing for Chicago was too much for them to keep it on.  It was also a shorter version of the original as well.

And I suspect that the cost of making a brand new Wizard of Oz is cheaper than licensing an existing show.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, poocher said:

Probably not, we live very close to NYC and I’m afraid I am something of a theater snob.  And my tastes run to less mass appeal shows.  Don’t think my favorites would fit the bill.  Spamalot, Aida, Rent, Pippin would be terrific!  

I vote for Spamalot!

• Like 4

On 3/30/2023 at 2:52 PM, Cruiser 5452 said:

On Allure, Mama Mia is in days 1,2,7. Day 7 is a 2.40 pm show for May 7/23 sailing

• 3 weeks later...