How does Odyssey differ from Oasis class ships?

On 4/19/2023 at 11:12 AM, goldenfarm said:

Is there enough to keep a teenager occupied?

Absolutely. This is still one of the largest cruise ships ever built though not as big as Oasis Class. RCI specializes in plenty-to-do, floating full service massive resorts. Odyssey is also brand new and they’re constantly coming up with fun new stuff while keeping signature features that have proven popular. It would have to be a pretty hard to please teen who wouldn’t love the ship.

On 4/20/2023 at 9:20 AM, goldenfarm said:

Sounds perfect. I booked it. 

I saw on your other post that you are doing the Southern Caribbean itinerary so I just want to pass along one suggestion. I’m not sure what your family’s interests are or how adventurous you are, but when we were in Aruba we rented UTV’s (not ATV’s) to tour the island on our own and we had a BLAST! Our 20 something DD and niece were with us and they loved it! I thought it might be something your teenager would enjoy. You can go on your own or with a guided tour if you don’t feel comfortable going out on your own. 

D0E20181-9D2A-4095-B643-3560E3CFE743.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

We have booked the Odyssey for a TA next year. Forget the teenager stuff, is there enough to do for us seniors?😁

Cheers

Len

Assume you’re joking but RCI has plenty of trivia and similar parlor games during the day and high quality nighttime showroom entertainment, at least one show per sailing is what I might call cirque-lite, plus typical song and dance revues, they have temporary acts onboard each voyage (for example we saw a good magician and a very good Journey tribute band). 

The usual suspects, some kind of love and marriage/newlywed type game show, liquor /wine sampling or cocktail making or sushi making classes, ask-the-CD-and-Captain session. We plan to ride around on the North Star at least once. 

What else would you be looking for if this is a more specific and serious inquiry?

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

Assume you’re joking but RCI has plenty of trivia and similar parlor games during the day and high quality nighttime showroom entertainment, at least one show per sailing is what I might call cirque-lite, plus typical song and dance revues, they have temporary acts onboard each voyage (for example we saw a good magician and a very good Journey tribute band). 

The usual suspects, some kind of love and marriage/newlywed type game show, liquor /wine sampling or cocktail making or sushi making classes, ask-the-CD-and-Captain session. We plan to ride around on the North Star at least once. 

What else would you be looking for if this is a more specific and serious inquiry?

It was said tongue in cheek, as so many answers were about teens and how they need to be entertained.

Cheers

Len

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 12:57 PM, bajathree said:

There is more than enough to keep a teenager occupied on both class ships. Oasis class and Odyssey are quite different. To very briefly summarize I would say Odyssey is more a traditional cruise ship experience but with all the bells and whistles. Oasis class is an entirely different cruise experience...it has a Central Park area....a Boardwalk area with an Aquatheater...not quite your traditional cruise ship design.    Oasis class also has cabin options....not necessarily for the better or worse ...that most other class ships don't have so be careful choosing. Both have excellent entertainment but I would probably give Oasis class a bit of the edge there. Like suggested watch videos of both and see what seems like a better fit. 

I am not sure if you have ever sailed Celebrity...but essentially Odyssey is a Solstice class ship that was "Royal Caribbeanized".

I’d say this about Edge class of Celebrity. 

Heard that both the SkyPad and the virtual reality thing on Odyssey are no more.  Too bad as those were additional things for teens (and adults too). Having said that, it makes Odyssey pretty much the same as Anthem (with different shows) and our kids had more than enough to do.  We'll be on Odyssey at Christmas and looking forward to it.  

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Here to illustrate the size difference, this is Odyssey next to Symphony.  We loved Odyssey and also the sisters, you can't go wrong.

images.jpg

That’s a great pic. Some classes look like Little baby ships next to Oasis class. This looks more like a teenager ship next to it so maybe that’s the answer OP has been looking for all along!

3 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Heard that both the SkyPad and the virtual reality thing on Odyssey are no more.  Too bad as those were additional things for teens (and adults too). Having said that, it makes Odyssey pretty much the same as Anthem (with different shows) and our kids had more than enough to do.  We'll be on Odyssey at Christmas and looking forward to it.  

The SkyPad was there in February. I wonder where they got rid of it and how they had the time?

20230201_055717.thumb.jpg.a2c820205378bc718ebcedbf497779d3.jpg

On 4/19/2023 at 11:57 AM, DustFSU said:

The Quantum class have a royal esplanade (not as big and wide) which the Oasis has a Promenade that is more of a open deck.  It has a indoor pool and outdoor.  It doesn't have slides on the pool deck. No boardwalk or aqua theater. It has the North Star and bumper cars.  The lay out is a little different for other things on the ship like the rock wall is on the side and Oasis is on the back on the boardwalk. 

This video breaks down a little better

Unlike the other Q class ships, I don't believe that Odyssey has an indoor pool.

A concern when Odyssey, begins sailing in 2025 out of Bayonne for the fall, spring and winter months.

Edited by nelblu

16 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Unlike the other Q class ships, I don't believe that Odyssey has an indoor pool.

A concern when Odyssey, begins sailing in 2025 out of Bayonne for the fall, spring and winter months.

Correct.  That indoor space was nice last month on the Anthem out of Bayonne.  It was in the upper 30’s when we boarded.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mugtech said:

Saw a great balcony price for Odyssey, might be deck 6 obstructed view.  Anyone have an info on what those cabins are like?  Can you see straight out to sea, is it only lower obstructions?

You may have been looking at the studio ocean view balcony room. Its about 120 sq ft with normal size bathroom and balcony. Deck 6 has them with obstructed views ( lifeboats ) and deck 7 without obstructed views. Cruising solo so Im trying one next April. Deck 7 ,8 night southern cruise. Great pricing.

• Like 1