Does anyone know how large of a suitcase will fit under the bed?

24 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

We will be on Anthem this weekend and I'm wondering what size suitcase will fit under the bed.  Our big one I think is 29 inches and I'm hoping it will fit.

I've had over 30 inches fir under the bed.  

46 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

We will be on Anthem this weekend and I'm wondering what size suitcase will fit under the bed.  Our big one I think is 29 inches and I'm hoping it will fit.

We use to travel with 29" soft sided. All three fit under the bed closed. 

and I was sitting here worried about the HEIGHT laying down and not the length of the suitcase hahaha

I was worried that someone had a 29 inch deep suitcase.....you could probably fit a human in there 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kathscof said:

and I was sitting here worried about the HEIGHT laying down and not the length of the suitcase hahaha

I was worried that someone had a 29 inch deep suitcase.....you could probably fit a human in there 🙂

That would be called a steamer trunk. 😂

• Haha 2

Yes, 99.9% will fit. I have several sets that do not. The base of Spinner Wheels make it couple inchs too thick. It will sit under there but matress frame will be off the ground. Always travel SOLO so no space issue, I put one in suitcase in the closet and other corner of Cabin

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

We were on anthem in March and our 28 inch hard side Samsonite suitcase did not fit under the bed. It’s the first time that it didn’t on any of our cruises.

Open it and it would have. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steveru621 said:

The bigger problem is the additional bedding under the mattress.

Yes, have seen that myself and at least couple times having multiple Bags under Beds filled with linen and even Towels and wash cloths

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Open it and it would have. 

Like said I have 3 different Sets, 1 Hard and 2 Soft side that will not fit under the the Beds without lifting Bed off the Floor. This even with them open. Usually Bags will fit but not always

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Sun Lover said:

You can always slide your clam-shell case in while open for greater clearance 

7 hours ago, SG65CB said:

One checked bag and one carry on. It's pretty standard here in the US. 

Haha that’s a whole other post (I thought carryons were so you didn’t have to check luggage?)

but I can contribute after my misunderstanding about a steamer trunk! Hahahaha

i took my rolling duffel which is about up to my hip (I’m 5’10”) on the Radiance to Alaska last year and it fit....just had to put the linen in a strategic place 

12 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes, have seen that myself and at least couple times having multiple Bags under Beds filled with linen and even Towels and wash cloths

Like said I have 3 different Sets, 1 Hard and 2 Soft side that will not fit under the the Beds without lifting Bed off the Floor. This even with them open. Usually Bags will fit but not always

We haven't traveled with hard sided for years. We also down sized from 29" soft sided to  26" x 11" soft sided and they fit under the bed (at least on the ships we cruised on)without lifting the bed or opening them. I guess one size doesn't fit all. 😉