Ducks

Midpacpl

We found 4 on EQ in Jan. Feb. b2b. Fist time we have seen them, tho I have read about them for several years. My husband really got into searching. Hoping for a couple more on EQ again for b2b starting April 24. 

56 minutes ago, Midpacpl said:

Just wondering - do they still hide rubber ducks on cruises? 

Got off HAL  Rotterdam, sailing 3/18 to 3/29, and someone was hiding small yellow ducks.  First time I ever notice one.  I picked it up and decided to keep it vs rehiding it.  Had something special to show  my youngest granddaughter.  We are on Mariner of Seas next year and will plan to buy some and have  fun with granddaughter on her first cruise. She is looking forward to sailing on ship and some fun with Grandpa.😉

Edited by shipshape sam

3 hours ago, Midpacpl said:

Am thinking of buying some for cruise in June so wanted to check 

The one I found was a small yellow duck with no extra clothes or hats attached.  It did have a round tag attached with a band.  It was filled out with the first name of person, assuming it was not a rehiding of the duck.  It had the sailing dates filled out too.  Our duck was in a flower planter  up against the wall in the aft elevator area.  Do not remember the deck #. There were others around when I found it, so the person could have been around watching.  

It was not hidden so as to make it hard.  It was hidden, IMHO, so it could be found. 🙂

12 hours ago, Midpacpl said:

Just wondering - do they still hide rubber ducks on cruises? 

Recently completed our first Princess Cruise and found out first ever duck. Having taken the duck's picture for our photo book it was rehidden in the buffet.