How far in advance can you book dining reservation at specialty restaurant?

Ingnacious

We are sailing in September, and I went to book our reservation for our included specialty restaurants. I got a message that specialty dining is unavailable for booking and to check back later. How far in advance do they open the reservations? I hope it doesn’t mean they are already fully booked for on-line reservation.

3 minutes ago, Ingnacious said:

We are sailing in September, and I went to book our reservation for our included specialty restaurants. I got a message that specialty dining is unavailable for booking and to check back later. How far in advance do they open the reservations? I hope it doesn’t mean they are already fully booked for on-line reservation.

As of late, it seems to be around final payment - 3 months out from the date of your cruise  - some have seen it four months out.  You just need to wait a bit and check here and there.

1 minute ago, kazu said:

As of late, it seems to be around final payment - 3 months out from the date of your cruise  - some have seen it four months out.  You just need to wait a bit and check here and there.

Thanks so much. This is our first cruise with HAL, so wasn’t sure of their protocols.

• Like 1

In past sailings I to was also able to book at least 6 months out but that is no longer the case, that it is not after 90 days. I have an early September Alaska cruise that I still cannot book dining so that will not happen till early June. 

****SHOCK of all shocks, Just a few minutes ago I received an email from HAL to book Air, Hotel, Dining and Excursions for our Alaska Cruise in September that is 130 days away. I laughed because Air and Hotel is already booked with HAL as well as excursions and as of yesterday could not book dining.

So I figured what the heck I will check it again. Pinnacle and Canaletto popped up and had it where I could mark as my Have It All complimentary. So Pinnacle is now booked, now to book Canaletto.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I'll offer the following information. I don't have any special access but I'll report what I found out.

I am scheduled for a seven night cruise. One restaurant opened for booking, the others didn't. Then all opened but not for all nights.

I called General Customer Service who said "keep trying, maybe something will open up, or you can try when you get on board"

I called Dining Services (because I didn't believe the first answer) who told me they are updating their booking systems for dining and excursions. To install the new system they are doing it in blocks to avoid interfering with reservations that have already been made. So dates will be opening but may not be all posted at once.

They expect things to be installed over the next two to three weeks, give or take. Once the new system is in and as the existing reservations are migrated, they can open more dates.

- That's certainly a better answer than "try again". 

Keep it in persepective, you'll be on a cruise. That's better than eating at home.

• Like 1

Our Nov. 4th Koingsdam cruise opened up for specialty dining reservations yesterday, April 28th. We also had no problem booking with our HIA credits. So it seems from reading the above there is no set time for releasing reservations for booking. Keep checking daily to see if your cruise has been released. That was what I had been doing and I did not receive any notice that our cruise was available to book.

Edited by terrydtx

Guest debbiejohncruise
On 4/24/2023 at 6:18 PM, potatopotato said:

I was able to book dining 6 months out. I hadn't paid my final bill yet at that point. I was able to book both my free HIA reservation and a paid one as well.

Yes I was able to book ours this far out as well. I used the Navigator app and then got an email verifying our reservations.