Buying a bottle of wine

sjinnj

I am not sure you can get a bottle of wine from the MDR and take it with you.  I do not believe you can get a bottle of wine at a bar.  I could be wrong though.  Maybe someone else will chime in on this.

1 hour ago, slyster said:

I am not sure you can get a bottle of wine from the MDR and take it with you.  I do not believe you can get a bottle of wine at a bar.  I could be wrong though.  Maybe someone else will chime in on this.

Yep, what I am questioning is the package states "Enjoy a discount of 40%on bottles of wine under $100 in bars and dining rooms", so basically if I buy one, do I get it immediately or sent to my room the last day of the cruise?

2 minutes ago, sjinnj said:

Yep, what I am questioning is the package states "Enjoy a discount of 40%on bottles of wine under $100 in bars and dining rooms", so basically if I buy one, do I get it immediately or sent to my room the last day of the cruise?

Immediately.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, sjinnj said:

If you order a bottle they will give you a bottle.  If you don't finish it at the venue you purchased it at I am sure they will hold it for you or you can take it with you.  Alas, we never have any left over wine so we cannot give an accurate account of this.

• Like 2

The UDP also gives you a 40 percent discount on wines under a hundred excellent deal , between suite lounge and our 5 free diamond plus drinks no need for liquor package. On allure Giovanni’s had the best wine selections.

5 hours ago, sjinnj said:

You get it immediately. If you don't finish it they can hold it till the next evening or deliver it to whichever restaurant you are going to be in.  Or you can take it back to your room to enjoy there. 

It's only alcohol bought in the on board shops (bottles of spirits etc) that they deliver to your cabin on the last evening. 

Edited by sgmn

You realize, of course, that the 20% or 40% off whatever wine you select is probably still higher than what you could pay at a local wine store on land for what would be a better wine. So unless you need more wine than the single bottle per adult you can bring on board yourself,  or unless you really like the wine you might buy, the discount is probably not the best way to get wine.

25 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

You realize, of course, that the 20% or 40% off whatever wine you select is probably still higher than what you could pay at a local wine store on land for what would be a better wine. So unless you need more wine than the single bottle per adult you can bring on board yourself,  or unless you really like the wine you might buy, the discount is probably not the best way to get wine.

One bottle pp for a 10 day cruise doesn't go far.  Works out cheaper than paying per glass. Looking forward to see how the new 40% discount in exchange for a diamond voucher works. Has anyone done this yet?

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, sgmn said:

One bottle pp for a 10 day cruise doesn't go far.  Works out cheaper than paying per glass. Looking forward to see how the new 40% discount in exchange for a diamond voucher works. Has anyone done this yet?

I have not seen any mention of using a diamond voucher to buy a bottle of wine.

48 minutes ago, hancock said:

I have not seen any mention of using a diamond voucher to buy a bottle of wine.

It was in the latest update of the C&A benefits within the last 2 months and now listed on the benefits page on the website

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The purchase of a bottle of wine for those who are Diamond or above is 40% off under $100 and 20%off over $100.  Vouchers have nothing to do with the purchase.  They are entirely separate.  Just checked the website.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It was in the latest update of the C&A benefits within the last 2 months and now listed on the benefits page on the website

Did just that. Used the benefit on the EN in March. Bought the bottle of wine from the bar, glasses if I wanted them, and took it back to the cabin and put it on ice. Nice for an evening end. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hancock said:

The purchase of a bottle of wine for those who are Diamond or above is 40% off under $100 and 20%off over $100.  Vouchers have nothing to do with the purchase.  They are entirely separate.  Just checked the website.

Check again under the fine print.  A voucher is used for the 40% off bottles of wine.

Drink vouchers may also be used toward a discount off the purchase of any bottle of wine — 20% off bottles over $100 and 40% off bottles under $100.

Point #5

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ginnynj said:

Did just that. Used the benefit on the EN in March. Bought the bottle of wine from the bar, glasses if I wanted them, and took it back to the cabin and put it on ice. Nice for an evening end. 🙂 

Thanks, good to know it can used in bars as well as restaurants 👍 

• Like 1

We're not bothering buying the UDP for our cruise on Explorer in September as we're Diamond now so have the free drinks. I've never checked out the prices off bottles of wines in the bars onboard the ships before but I think I might buy a bottle or two on Explorer. Can anyone tell me how much a bottle of sparkling wine is? Or a white Pinot Grigio or red Merlot?

2 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Can anyone tell me how much a bottle of sparkling wine is? Or a white Pinot Grigio or red Merlot?

If you look at the MDR menu in the app (for current sailing), it should list some wines under the wine tab

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1