JS - Full Suite Status?

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

No, that would be too many, but let’s run a hypothetical with a limited number of special JS.  Say they decided they in addition to the 90 full suites, they could manage accommodate an additional 10 JS’s into the full suite amenities.  If the base rate averages $800 higher for the Sky JS than regular JS for first two passengers that’s $832,000 per year in additional revenue for that ship.  There would be more, as they’d charge more for the 3rd and 4th guests where applicable.  There would be some marginal cost increases, of course, for the amenities for the additional guests, but the revenue flow would be positive IF people would pay for those amenities.

If they did this they would surely create a new category name and thus this wouldn’t really be Royal giving Jr Suites

full suite privileges.  It would just be a small number of cabins changing categories.   

But on Oasis class they already limit pinnacles in the CK if there are too many of them.  So one would think the CK is

mostly maxed out without it ruining the experience for suite guests.  This strategy runs the risk of diminishing the suite experiences of all other suite guests and pinnacles could lose perks due to it.  Not sure even Royal would be that short sighted.  

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They were  great deal at the time and sold quickly.  That one I posted above was $8000 total taxes in.  balconies are now more than that  and insides are over $6k.  Crazy prices.

One of the reasons I'm holding off on Icon for now.  Wonder is pricey enough!  😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Still lots of decent group rates for balconies and below but suites are crazy. 

Define "decent group rate" for a plain old interior, just curious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, topnole said:

If they did this they would surely create a new category name and thus this wouldn’t really be Royal giving Jr Suites

full suite privileges.  It would just be a small number of cabins changing categories.   

But on Oasis class they already limit pinnacles in the CK if there are too many of them.  So one would think the CK is

mostly maxed out without it ruining the experience for suite guests.  This strategy runs the risk of diminishing the suite experiences of all other suite guests and pinnacles could lose perks due to it.  Not sure even Royal would be that short sighted.  

Sure, they could recategorize specific JS’s or, they could just sell any JS with/without amenities until the amenity option is sold out.  In the later case, that would mean one week the same JS might house guests who purchased amenities the next week house guests who did not.

The SL and CK are primarily for suite guests; if Royal create more suites with fully paid SL/CK access, those guests will indeed get priority over any loyalty members.  In my completely hypothetical example above, adding 10 “sky JS” cabins would probably add about 25-30 suite guests and thus lower the threshold for excluding Pins

3 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Sure, they could recategorize specific JS’s or, they could just sell any JS with/without amenities until the amenity option is sold out.  In the later case, that would mean one week the same JS might house guests who purchased amenities the next week house guests who did not.

The SL and CK are primarily for suite guests; if Royal create more suites with fully paid SL/CK access, those guests will indeed get priority over any loyalty members.  In my completely hypothetical example above, adding 10 “sky JS” cabins would probably add about 25-30 suite guests and thus lower the threshold for excluding Pins

Per your first paragraph, the JS already creates a lot of confusion on benefits.  This would make it even more complicated.  Better to reclassify and remove that issue. 

Per your second, I agree.  But it wouldn’t just be CK.  It would be 20-25 more on the suite sun deck which can already get crowded when a lot of pins are onboard.  Suites seating area for shows

would be even more crowded.  Again, it would just diminish the experience for everyone else in GS and above unless

they stripped away all those benefits for pinnacles on cruises where they exceeded the reasonable threshold.  Not sure they would want to do either.  

I only posted what was said by the concierge because just like the formal night info from onboard, they are really just rumors.  That's all.  I never said I believed it was 100% accurate.

1 hour ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Same one!! We have a whole group going! Us and another couple have Sky Jr suites, one has the panoramic suite, one has an owners and another has the surfside family suite which funny enough was cheaper than the reg jr suite.

Oh, we HAVE to organize a cabin crawl !  I really want to see all of these room types.  We’re in an Icon Loft so I can have the Genie help.  I used to do this all the time when we sailed in Star Class but it’s a lot of work and I haven’t done one in a few years. It will be fun !

I could see them doing something similar to the "Key" under the "VIP Passes" section on the cruise planner.  It would not be the particular room that is "sky" class, but there are a limited number of "sky" passes available.  Alternatively, I could see them taking a few of the "hump" JS with a larger balcony or other perceived more desirable JS as a "sky" class suite.  If RCI can generate an additional $1M per ship in income, and most likely the vast majority of the "full" suites won't know that there perqs have been diluted with an additional 10/20 passes, so to speak (other than things may seem more crowded),  This would only make sense on the Oasis or newer class ships.  How much could they charge per person per day for "free" wifi, access to the coastal kitchen, SL/CL and suite deck?  They are charging anywhere between $30-$40 for the Key, which is wi-fi, priority boarding and departure and lunch on boarding day....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Does anyone currently have one of these Sky JS (Category JY) booked ?  Does anyone know OF ANYone who has one of these booked ?

I looked on the TA website for the entire first year of Icon's sailings and then randomly checked about 20 other sailings and not ONE of these suites is available to book.  I cannot believe that there isn't even 1 JY available on ANY sailing anywhere.  My guess is that they are not yet booking these suites.  Why ?  Who knows.

me :-))

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Does anyone currently have one of these Sky JS (Category JY) booked ?  Does anyone know OF ANYone who has one of these booked ?

I looked on the TA website for the entire first year of Icon's sailings and then randomly checked about 20 other sailings and not ONE of these suites is available to book.  I cannot believe that there isn't even 1 JY available on ANY sailing anywhere.  My guess is that they are not yet booking these suites.  Why ?  Who knows.

They are indeed sold out.

I was just at next cruise 2 days ago. I asked about the Sky Jr suites on Icon. Guy told me he had just ran a scan for  previous customer and there is not a single one available.  We are now waiting till summer 2025 comes out to grab 2.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I could see them doing something similar to the "Key" under the "VIP Passes" section on the cruise planner.  It would not be the particular room that is "sky" class, but there are a limited number of "sky" passes available.  Alternatively, I could see them taking a few of the "hump" JS with a larger balcony or other perceived more desirable JS as a "sky" class suite.  If RCI can generate an additional $1M per ship in income, and most likely the vast majority of the "full" suites won't know that there perqs have been diluted with an additional 10/20 passes, so to speak (other than things may seem more crowded),  This would only make sense on the Oasis or newer class ships.  How much could they charge per person per day for "free" wifi, access to the coastal kitchen, SL/CL and suite deck?  They are charging anywhere between $30-$40 for the Key, which is wi-fi, priority boarding and departure and lunch on boarding day....

I could see them DOING NOTHING.  This is not going to happen.  Rumor.  Fake information.  NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

Roll out which, the full suite benefits or just the $1,000 increase in cost? I can see the potential of suite benefits being added on non-oasis or quantum class ships, because there really aren't any high end benefits like free internet or Coastal Kitchen/suite bar access - you pretty much only get better robes, better toiletries, and breakfast in Chops in a full suite on smaller ships.

That's true, not to much benefit on a JS on a smaller ship. Will be keeping a weather eye on this  rumor!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

just over $900pp

Thanks, I know people laughed but it was a serious question. I was genuinely curious.

Before prices went nuts, I had always booked late deals or waited for a GGG sale since we live an hour from PC. I'm just trying to adjust to the new normal.

53 minutes ago, BND said:

I only posted what was said by the concierge because just like the formal night info from onboard, they are really just rumors.  That's all.  I never said I believed it was 100% accurate.

Never know what is going to jump-start a thread around here. 😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I could see them DOING NOTHING.  This is not going to happen.  Rumor.  Fake information.  NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Not going to happen? Time will tell but Royal has seen how incredibly popular the Sky JS are on Icon.  Easy revenue with minimal expenditure to  introduce a few similar suites on each ship across the fleet.

5 minutes ago, 4Nathan said:

Easy revenue with minimal expenditure to introduce a few similar suites on each ship across the fleet.

There's no "Sky Class" on more than half the fleet for a JS to moved up to.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

That's for sure. Booking early now seems to be the best strategy. 

Yeah, I'm trying to find a compromise between booking as soon as itineraries are released and my old m.o. of booking late. The good news is we already had Wonder on the books for next month b/c it's a family cruise my in-laws booked last June and we can't sail again for a little while anyway.

I'm considering a decent (or at least not terrible for now) price for Wonder next March. We're somewhat limited to a school schedule even though we have no kids b/c my wife is a teacher so that doesn't help. She had a slightly different position this school year that allowed us to jump on Indy last October for $129pp for 4-nights (GGG sale). The sales had similar pricing for 4-5 straight weeks. I would have gone more than once if she was willing to take more time off.

Apologies for the off-topic rambling. Looking forward to my second ever Sky Class experience on this upcoming Wonder cruise. I'm too frugal to pay for it but it's definitely a nice experience.

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Oh, we HAVE to organize a cabin crawl !  I really want to see all of these room types.  We’re in an Icon Loft so I can have the Genie help.  I used to do this all the time when we sailed in Star Class but it’s a lot of work and I haven’t done one in a few years. It will be fun !

That sounds like great idea! That Icon Loft will be awesome! Looking forward to being in that suite "bubble" plus we will be D+ by then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There's no "Sky Class" on more than half the fleet for a JS to moved up to.

That’s why I said “similar” suites. For non quantum or oasis ships, it would be more like JS with benefits. The price point would have to be much less as the “benefits” are minimal.  Still all conjecture and speculation at this point but certainly appreciate all the responses.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is a Sky Junior suite category JY and yes it is part of Sky Class.  They sold quickly which may be why you could not find any in the 4 sailings you looked at.

Booked the JY the day bookings became available 

1 of only 8 on the ICON, full SKY class perks 😎

Happy Days!

Enjoy Hawaii

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1