President’s cruise

On 5/13/2023 at 2:09 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

yea I meet a lot of folks on RCI ships who very firmly say "Oh know I am loyal to Royal". While I try to tell them what they are missing by not trying other cruise lines, the shake their heads.

Wel I for one enjoy the others like Celebrity, NCL, Princess, and yes Disney.  Not sure about MSC or Virgin though but I have heard food is wonderful on Virgin.

Nice that we have choice- However, we have tried NCL, unless in the Haven a crowded mess IMO.  Princess IMO plain vanilla- Carnival felt like a 24 hour bachelor party, Disney overpriced people in costumes- good for little one's.  Celebrity some ships better then Royal- except Royal has all beat with the level of entertainment.  Haven't tried MSC but heard very mediocre- and thus far, virgin doesn't seem to our liking-but who knows.  All around I will stick to Celebrity and Oasis class on Royal- will be trying Icon next year.  Enjoy your cruises. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Nice that we have choice- However, we have tried NCL, unless in the Haven a crowded mess IMO.  Princess IMO plain vanilla- Carnival felt like a 24 hour bachelor party, Disney overpriced people in costumes- good for little one's.  Celebrity some ships better then Royal- except Royal has all beat with the level of entertainment.  Haven't tried MSC but heard very mediocre- and thus far, virgin doesn't seem to our liking-but who knows.  All around I will stick to Celebrity and Oasis class on Royal- will be trying Icon next year.  Enjoy your cruises. 

Not sure what you are getting at by saying Princess is vanilla. Also newer Carnival ships are a lot more like RCI than you think.

I feel like you have labeled all the other lines so you can feel good about just RCI.

All the lines are getting competitive and the new Dun Princess when it comes out will now have a dome area like Icon.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2023 at 9:22 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

We do Thanksgiving week every other year. It really is a great week to cruise!!

Agee as I did Hal ship a while ago and this year sailing on the new CCL Celebration with all the wonderful fast food options and layout of ship

17 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Not sure what you are getting at by saying Princess is vanilla. Also newer Carnival ships are a lot more like RCI than you think.

I feel like you have labeled all the other lines so you can feel good about just RCI.

All the lines are getting competitive and the new Dun Princess when it comes out will now have a dome area like Icon.

Don’t agree.  One of my nephews really enjoys carnival. He has sailed in the havana area.  He is in his mid twenties.  He and his wife have sailed with us on royal and celebrity and advised me  that the crowd on carnival were more rowdy then on celebrity. He also said more families were on royal and the entertainment was much better as was the food.   Princess in my opinion wasn’t anything special. However I said this was my opinion. People have various opinions and might differ.  As I also said we really enjoy celebrity 

On 5/14/2023 at 10:24 AM, firefly333 said:

Lol I feel like I get stink eye here because I do carnival. Carnival prices are higher than rcl is why I only have the one booked. There are a few I'd like to try. I wanted jubilee, but harmony is cheaper for a balcony than a inside on jubilee. I'm hoping prices on newest ships come down. 3 princess, 3 ncl, 1 celebrity.  I thought princess was a bit staid tbh. I want to try HAL. I'll be the highest tier on carnival next cruise. I like their fast food and comedians better. They were the only 2 choices out of texas for a while and I liked to alternate Mdr menus. Got tired of the same so alternated.

I really dont get why royal pax feel so uppity toward carnival.  And yes I think they do love to feel superior. I read comments and hear it a lot. I get tired of the attitude. I guess people need to feel they are better than others. 

Completely agree!  And I always shock Royal people when I say my family preferred Carnival over Disney lol!  I find most Royal people who think Carnival is beneath them either have never sailed Carnival or did so on a booze cruise weekend cruise in college 30 years ago.  So, they have no real basis for their snobbery.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, GalvestonCruiserx3 said:

Completely agree!  And I always shock Royal people when I say my family preferred Carnival over Disney lol!  I find most Royal people who think Carnival is beneath them either have never sailed Carnival or did so on a booze cruise weekend cruise in college 30 years ago.  So, they have no real basis for their snobbery.

I agree also.

Carnival and Royal are much closer than many Royals would like to think. Carnival does have much more "FUN', which has nothing to do with alcohol consumption and more to do with the activities directors and their people getting crowd participation in events.

I do prefer Royal over Carnival though. ONLY because we prefer to sail in Suites and the perks and bennies for Suites with Royal far outweigh anything Carnival has to offer. You do pay extra for it though.

• Like 2

We're never going to earn loyalty benefits on any line. We're sailing 3 lines just this year - Princess, Royal, and Carnival. I like them all for different reasons. 😁

I will say that Royal did edge out Carnival in our opinion because they still had twice/day service when Carnival reduced theirs to one a few years ago. But now, sadly, even that doesn't matter anymore.

On 5/5/2023 at 5:13 PM, texas charm said:

What is a President’s cruise ?  We don’t normally sail on RC but just learned that our cruise in May on Allure of the Seas is a President’s cruise.

We had a cruise booked a few years ago that turned into a President's Cruise.  We were D+ at the time.  We had a blast!  Got invited to a lot of VIP parties, Billy Ocean played at Labadee, tons of really good entertainment.  We got the cruise for the price we paid, the day it was announced it was a President's cruise, prices doubled.  Would not go on another one unless it was one I already had booked that changed into a President's cruise.  But we really did enjoy it with all the extra stuff that was going on.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2023 at 4:30 PM, Cruise a holic said:

Don’t agree.  One of my nephews really enjoys carnival. He has sailed in the havana area.  He is in his mid twenties.  He and his wife have sailed with us on royal and celebrity and advised me  that the crowd on carnival were more rowdy then on celebrity. He also said more families were on royal and the entertainment was much better as was the food.   Princess in my opinion wasn’t anything special. However I said this was my opinion. People have various opinions and might differ.  As I also said we really enjoy celebrity 

yes I do like Celebrity but more and more I meet folks who have like the new Carnival ships and did not find then any more loud than other ships.  RCI Oasis class are loud and music everywhere.

I did like the Vision of the Seas which is older and smaller.  Not such booming loud music and lots of places to sit.  Crew friendlier on smaller ships too IMHO.

NCL is also loud as well but again so are a lot of ships at the pool and in buffet.  

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Most folks who complain about a President's Cruise have never sailed on one is my guess 😉

Agree! We enjoyed the one we went on a few years ago. It featured Billy Ocean doing a fun concert on Labadee and Michael Bolton on board. Lots of fun loyalty events especially for Royal Caribbean Visa holders…one of which I met you! It was some 007 themed party. I think it was on the Harmony and I would recommend it, even though I’m only a lowly D+.

Edited by zanydoc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

We had a cruise booked a few years ago that turned into a President's Cruise.  We were D+ at the time.  We had a blast!  Got invited to a lot of VIP parties, Billy Ocean played at Labadee, tons of really good entertainment.  We got the cruise for the price we paid, the day it was announced it was a President's cruise, prices doubled.  Would not go on another one unless it was one I already had booked that changed into a President's cruise.  But we really did enjoy it with all the extra stuff that was going on.

Yep, that’s the one I was on also-really enjoyed it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, klfrodo said:

I agree also.

Carnival and Royal are much closer than many Royals would like to think. Carnival does have much more "FUN', which has nothing to do with alcohol consumption and more to do with the activities directors and their people getting crowd participation in events.

I do prefer Royal over Carnival though. ONLY because we prefer to sail in Suites and the perks and bennies for Suites with Royal far outweigh anything Carnival has to offer. You do pay extra for it though.

I like Carnival on YouTube better... Way more examples of drunken brawls.  That's makes for great late night viewing. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

Agree! We enjoyed the one we went on a few years ago. It featured Billy Ocean doing a fun concert on Labadee and Michael Bolton on board. Lots of fun loyalty events especially for Royal Caribbean Visa holders…one of which I met you! It was some 007 themed party. I think it was on the Harmony and I would recommend it, even though I’m only a lowly D+.

I much preferred the 2018 version on Harmony to the 2019 one on Symphony. 

That 007 Martini party was a blast 🍸

Laura almost knocked over the ice sculpture 🤣

1 minute ago, GalvestonCruiserx3 said:

Never experienced one single fight on any of the Carnival cruises we were on.  

Me neither, but, you search long enough anyone can find whatever they want to justify their narrative.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Youtube is your friend...  

It is great entertainment.

It's not like Carnival has a monopoly on fights on cruise ships. Royal is well represented on YouTube also.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

It's not like Carnival has a monopoly on fights on cruise ships. Royal is well represented on YouTube also.

Not like Carnival. but hey you do you.  No judgements here...

News from Orlando this week:  Fist fight breaks out at Disney World.  

Who goes to "The happiest place on earth" and gets into a fist fight?  Disney theme parks visits are not cheap.  If you are going to see the mouse you got some bank.  

Goes to show that the company or cruise line isn't the source of the fighting.  Humans are the worst.

So far Silver Sea has no reports of fights on board.  Apparently there is enough Grey Poupon for everyone.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, twangster said:

Goes to show that the company or cruise line isn't the source of the fighting.  Humans are the worst.

Take the humans out of Waffle House and there would be no fights there as well and it’s way cheaper than Disney.